Oasis show - "Cats"

It is experiencing a renaissance right now. Royal was lucky to renew it. 

CATS, the record-breaking musical spectacular by Andrew Lloyd Webber that has captivated audiences in over 30 countries and 15 languages, is now on tour across North America! 

Audiences and critics alike are rediscovering this beloved musical with breathtaking music, including one of the most treasured songs in musical theater—"Memory”. Winner of 7 Tony Awards® including BEST MUSICAL, CATS tells the story of one magical night when an extraordinary tribe of cats gathers for its annual ball to rejoice and decide which cat will be reborn. The original score by Andrew Lloyd Webber (The Phantom of the Opera, School of Rock, Sunset Boulevard), original scenic and costume design by John Napier (Les Misérables), all-new lighting design by Natasha Katz (Aladdin), all-new sound design by Mick Potter, new choreography by Andy Blankenbuehler (Hamilton) based on the original choreography by Gillian Lynne (Phantom) and direction by Trevor Nunn (Les Misérables) make this production a new CATS for a new generation!

• Like 1

I almost fell asleep during the show on Oasis.  Geez it took me a while to figure out what the show was about.  I did get amused that one of the cats snuck up behind one of my sons.  

I think that it is time for a new Broadway show.  I do miss not having a Broadway show on other ships.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, maggieq said:

Chicago was replaced on  Allure by mama Mia at least 2-3 years ago. And Chicago was way better than cats.  We walked out after 10 mins 

We walked out on Chicago in 2012. Laura hated it.

Leaving CATS in the first 10 minutes is a safety issue because the cast is in the aisles.  Pretty sure they warn you about that.

HairSpray was the original show on Oasis, and they brought it back to Symphony.

Edited by John&LaLa

Broadway shows on Oasis ships are a draw, we have seen them all and "Cats" was by far the least attended, especially after intermission.  "Grease" on Harmony was probably our next least liked show but we found the water show and ice show on Harmony to be dark and not as good as the shows on the other ships.  In addition Harmony had this weird guy(?) spinning in a dress in the stage show and even the water show.  Really strange.  Does Harmony still have this act as part of their current shows?   

On 9/30/2019 at 12:19 AM, 3CatsInMA said:

I'm not a fan of the show, but I AM a big fan of the costumes worn by some of the female cast members.

CATS won the 1983 Tony Award for Best Costumes

Victoria

20190223_155804.thumb.jpg.6a7d204fcb86d35136a9856d362ce301.jpg

Demeter

20190222_080156.thumb.jpg.18cea7c124c4cc5599c700cb0d00e836.jpg

Bombalurina

20190204_085549.jpg.779b8b7ed07983df830b2d86d9884924.jpg

Bomba and Demter

20190223_214338.thumb.jpg.dd1dac13147bb3d3ddb99600e26cf931.jpg

Casandra

20190222_000748.thumb.jpg.d809ad0a33f072db6d1d93d084509810.jpg

Edited by John&LaLa
  • Like 2

6 hours ago, Candocruises said:

Broadway shows on Oasis ships are a draw, we have seen them all and "Cats" was by far the least attended, especially after intermission.  "Grease" on Harmony was probably our next least liked show but we found the water show and ice show on Harmony to be dark and not as good as the shows on the other ships.  In addition Harmony had this weird guy(?) spinning in a dress in the stage show and even the water show.  Really strange.  Does Harmony still have this act as part of their current shows?   

Yes, Spinning Man is alive and well. Mesmerizing in the spins. Not a fan when he becomes Running/Splashing Man

• Like 1