Drink straws

ZiggaZagga17

2 hours ago, SRF said:

Some do, and some are welded in place.

Most of the ones I have seen, the straw is fixed. 

Doesn't sound like those would be easy to use. I feel like if the straw is fixed it would get in the way of filling it up and cleaning it. 

10 hours ago, peanutter said:

I will continue to reduce, reuse and recycle where I can as I have done for many years.

And repurpose.

I'll post the photos later but I had iced tea with my lunch today.  I don't usually use a straw but did a little non-scientific, one-off test 🙂  I left the paper straw in the glass for two full glasses of tea and it was in pristine condition afterwards.  Just saying.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

This doesn't surprise me. China is one of the biggest producers of virgin plastic and there is little consciousness of waste reduction in China. In saying that the government is taking baby steps to change the culture. Problem is if you confront China they like to point out how developed Western countries aren't exactly doing much better and don't forget we use to ship our rubbish to them so they really do know our dirty secrets😋

34 minutes ago, Toofarfromthesea said:

Great article👍Explains all the problems better than I can.

There was one comment in there about infrastructure to further separate recyclables and it reminded me of my friend's recent trip to Japan and he told me some places he stayed at had up to 10 different recycle bins😳 and still most of the plastic doesn't end up recycled. 

10 minutes ago, clo said:

🙂I left the paper straw in the glass for two full glasses of tea and it was in pristine condition afterwards.  Just saying.

I had a frozen drink with a cardboard straw and even I was really surprised had how well it kept its integrity🤗

27 minutes ago, vacationlover_mn said:

So, maybe I drink my drinks too slow?  On RCI, I find them getting soft, and making my drink taste weird...

It took me a good half and hour to get through my drink, it was large and really frozen. It probably comes down to the quality of the straw, the one I was using was pretty sturdy. 

12 minutes ago, ilikeanswers said:

It took me a good half and hour to get through my drink, it was large and really frozen. It probably comes down to the quality of the straw, the one I was using was pretty sturdy. 

This was with lunch of pizza and we didn't rush.  And I did have a second glass.

20191008_123524.jpg

20191008_130009.jpg

• Like 1

• 4 weeks later...

I just got off Adventure and had no problem using the thin paper straws...they aren't put out so you do have to ask for one. All the bars had them and they were kept in a drawer behind the drink stations in the WJ. JR's had them on their tables in dispensers.

17 hours ago, Ashland said:

I just got off Adventure and had no problem using the thin paper straws...they aren't put out so you do have to ask for one. All the bars had them and they were kept in a drawer behind the drink stations in the WJ. JR's had them on their tables in dispensers.

yeah had mixed results with paper on the Jewel too! Down to drink choice when using them though - Frozen Mudslides and Strawberry Daiquiri being the culprits ha ha 

6 hours ago, SRF said:

They are cocktails.

But also dessert. 😄

LOL!  On a recent trip to Seattle we had lunch at a fave place.  They're a brewery as well as a restaurant and they make an ice cream with stout beer.  And then they make a milkshake and use stout instead of milk.  It was insanely delish...and I don't like beer 🙂