ALMOST TIME!!!

Lois R

Hello friends:classic_biggrin: Not much longer now .Flying to Venice on Friday!

Sailing with Uniworld on the River Po:classic_smile:

I will start putting the clothes out on the bed in the spare

bedroom this weekend.:classic_smile:

Almost time!!!!:classic_biggrin:

• Like 2

Thanks for the good wishes:classic_biggrin:.....have to get through 4 days of work this week:classic_wacko:

Got a nice email from my hotel.....they sent me a re-confirmation:classic_biggrin:...staying at The Antique Al Figure.  Looks nice

and it was reasonably priced. 

6 hours ago, Lois R said:

I will start putting the clothes out on the bed in the spare

bedroom this weekend

Funny - that is exactly what we do prior to our travels - lay everything out in the spare & then tick items off our packing list. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

7 hours ago, acwmom said:

Lois, I love your enthusiasm😁  Enjoy!!!!  Make sure you eat al fresco on a cruising night, it is one of our favorite memories from that cruise.

Robin

Hi Robin!:classic_smile: I was thinking about you the other day...……..since you have sailed Uniworld and was wondering, even If I am not using a cruise line transfer to the ship, do you  think there will be someone from

Uniworld to help get the bags up to the boat? You know before I have to drag it up the gangway?

I will get to the boat LOL......just wondering how Uniworld handles that luggage process.

7 hours ago, dogs4fun said:

Funny - that is exactly what we do prior to our travels - lay everything out in the spare & then tick items off our packing list. 

Hope you have a wonderful cruise!

LOL....we all have our ways...……..I took a bunch of clothes out today.  They are all laying on the bed.  I think tomorrow I will put some more stuff out and then figure out how many of this or that:classic_biggrin: This is

a river cruise so daytime is all casual...….I was thinking of 2 pair of blue jeans and another pair of

black jeans.   And then for evenings....4 more pair of other pants. Not sure if that is  too many

but I have 2 new pairs I want to bring! One is a deep purple and the other is burgundy.

42 minutes ago, Lois R said:

even If I am not using a cruise line transfer to the ship, do you  think there will be someone from

Uniworld to help get the bags up to the boat? You know before I have to drag it up the gangway?

I will get to the boat LOL......just wondering how Uniworld handles that luggage process.

We have done three Europe trips with Uniworld and have made our way to the boat independently for two of those cruises. On both occasions there was someone waiting to grab our bags and whisk them (and us) onboard.

In Lyon for the Rhone cruise, we took the train from Paris, and walked from the station to the boat. There was someone at the bottom of the gangplank, and they saw us with our suitcases and ran out to grab them from us.

In Budapest, we took a public ferry to the cruise ship location and as we got off the ferry and approached the ship, they saw us with our suitcases again, and were right there to grab them and greet us - same service. Hopefully that hasn't changed since our last cruise.

And, we also use our travel room as a staging area to pack for trips. You have a great one!

9 minutes ago, jpalbny said:

We have done three Europe trips with Uniworld and have made our way to the boat independently for two of those cruises. On both occasions there was someone waiting to grab our bags and whisk them (and us) onboard.

In Lyon for the Rhone cruise, we took the train from Paris, and walked from the station to the boat. There was someone at the bottom of the gangplank, and they saw us with our suitcases and ran out to grab them from us.

In Budapest, we took a public ferry to the cruise ship location and as we got off the ferry and approached the ship, they saw us with our suitcases again, and were right there to grab them and greet us - same service. Hopefully that hasn't changed since our last cruise.

And, we also use our travel room as a staging area to pack for trips. You have a great one!

Hi JP, why am I not surprised with your helpful reply:classic_biggrin:......thank you!!! See over on the other one:classic_smile:

11 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Robin!:classic_smile: I was thinking about you the other day...……..since you have sailed Uniworld and was wondering, even If I am not using a cruise line transfer to the ship, do you  think there will be someone from

JP has already answered, but I’ll confirm. Yes, someone will take your bags onboard. It may even be the captain:).

with regard to attire, if you’re a Capri type, you may want to pack a pair. It was warmer than expected when we went.

Robin

Hello Lois,

Your excitement is lovely to read.

I know you said some time earlier you are not a great souvenir buyer, but I do recommend those little animals they make out of Murano glass.

If you have the chance to go to Verona, I recommend it. It is a bit crowded, but the Amphitheatre is impressive. I really enjoyed my day there.

Whatever you do, have a great time.

notamermaid

• Like 1

2 hours ago, acwmom said:

JP has already answered, but I’ll confirm. Yes, someone will take your bags onboard. It may even be the captain:).

with regard to attire, if you’re a Capri type, you may want to pack a pair. It was warmer than expected when we went.

Robin

Hmmm....yes, I wear them. I also have several pairs of cotton/twill ankle pants that are lighter in weight. I guess I could pack them too.

I was looking at the weather and it shows 60s so I think I will be good in long pants.

I live in a hot and humid climate so 20 degrees or more (less) LOL sounds really good to me:classic_biggrin:

We are still in the high 80s...…..a lower temp and less humidity? Sounds great !

16 minutes ago, notamermaid said:

Hello Lois,

Your excitement is lovely to read.

I know you said some time earlier you are not a great souvenir buyer, but I do recommend those little animals they make out of Murano glass.

If you have the chance to go to Verona, I recommend it. It is a bit crowded, but the Amphitheatre is impressive. I really enjoyed my day there.

Whatever you do, have a great time.

notamermaid

Thanks for the reply. I will definitely look at some glass:classic_smile:...…...if nothing else.

2 hours ago, acwmom said:

Robin

Hi Robin:classic_biggrin:….need to pick your brain a bit please.  My last river cruise was in 2016 so it has been awhile. Do you

normally change clothes for dinner? ( I know daytime is touring all day and I have several outfits for evenings). Just curious.

Normally I am very good with my decisions on what is going  but for some reason my packing is befuddling

me this time...…..any help would be appreciated.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi Robin:classic_biggrin:….need to pick your brain a bit please.  My last river cruise was in 2016 so it has been awhile. Do you

normally change clothes for dinner? ( I know daytime is touring all day and I have several outfits for evenings). Just curious.

Normally I am very good with my decisions on what is going  but for some reason my packing is befuddling

me this time...…..any help would be appreciated.

In most cases, yes, we change between tours and dinner. Occasionally, we didn’t have time. On our most recent Paris-Normandy Cruise, we had signed up for the limited seating dinner the same day that we went to Mont St Michel. We were late getting back to the ship, and our butler met us at the door and told us they were waiting to start the dinner, due to our later than expected arrival. I explained that I really should change, and he reassured me that I was fine:)

Since Uniworld has arrive whenever you want dinner, you should have plenty of time to change and freshen up, if needed.

Also, Uniworld does have self-service laundry on the Countess, so you can get away with packing a little lighter and doing some laundry onboard (if you want)

Robin