Booking 14 day cruises?

Clampram

We are thinking about doing 14 days on the Regal in the late spring. Is it always better to book these as a 14 day rather than as 2 cruises? Does a 14 day count for 2 cruises towards your princess status?

Finally, how is the deposit and final payment with a 14 day...…..is the deposit more and when is final payment? Thanks in advance

No...it's not always better to book two 7-day itineraries as one 14-day cruise.  Run the numbers to determine which works better for you.  Refaring in the event of a sale may work out better for you when you book the two 7-day cruises separately.

You'll receive the same number of cruise credits regardless of which way you book.  You'll pay two deposits for two 7-day cruises...one for a 14-day cruise.  The total of the two deposits will likely be more than for the 14-day cruise.

41 minutes ago, Clampram said:

We are thinking about doing 14 days on the Regal in the late spring. Is it always better to book these as a 14 day rather than as 2 cruises? Does a 14 day count for 2 cruises towards your princess status?

Finally, how is the deposit and final payment with a 14 day...…..is the deposit more and when is final payment? Thanks in advance

We usually booked this type of cruise on the 2 week basis. In every case we have found it was cheaper to do so that booking the legs separately. That doesn't mean however that will necessarily be the case though. You need to keep checking the prices and if it becomes beneficial to book separately after booking the 14-dayer you can rebook usually for a small penalty. As Lew indicated you will get the benefit for 2 cruises in the Caption Circle program either way. If you are using a Future Cruise Deposit however for your booking you will likely get less on board credit by booking it as 2 legs.

Tom   

I booked my 14-day cruise as two 7-day cruises this summer because it was less expensive. You have to take into consideration any shareholder and military onboard credit you may be receiving. You'll get the same number of cruise credits either way. I was lucky this time and got the same cabin even though I booked guarantees for both cruises because there weren't any cabins available for both cruises showing up. But we've also done back-to-back cruises and had to change cabins and discovered it's not that big a deal if you do.

• Like 1

Good to mention the shareholder and military OBC:

• If you book as two 7 day cruises you will receive $100.00 for each cruise (2 imes $100.00 = $200.00) for each OBC.
  • If you book as one 14 day cruise you will receive $250.00 for the entire cruise for each OBC.
  • You will get 2 cruise credits no matter which way you book it.

23 minutes ago, famski740 said:

Good to mention the shareholder and military OBC:

• If you book as two 7 day cruises you will receive $100.00 for each cruise (2 times $100.00 = $200.00) for each OBC.
  • If you book as one 14 day cruise you will receive $250.00 for the entire cruise for each OBC.
  • You will get 2 cruise credits no matter which way you book it.

Plus, the OBC quoted above for BOTH types of OBC, so if you own stock & qualify for the military...you get $200 or $250 X 2.

It's a great way to get OBC.

Also OP, be sure to buy Future Cruise Deposits on your next cruise, then you won't have to worry about "how much is the deposit". It's $100 plus you get MORE OBC. 

Win...win...win...score!:classic_biggrin:

2 hours ago, -Lew- said:

The total of the two deposits will likely be more than for the 14-day cruise.

I agree.  If the OP has FCD's, it only takes one FCD per person ($100 ea) to book a 14-night cruise, whereas it will take two FCD's pp ($200 ea) to book two 7-night cruises.  If no FCD's and the current promotion is for $100 deposit, then same scenario as mentioned.  If the booking conditions are the typical 10% deposit and the OP has no FCD's, then it is basically the same dollars to pay down in either case - assuming similar pricing. 

As others have mentioned, you need to compare benefits received by booking 2 x 7-night versus 1 x 14-night.  The amount of deposit would be immaterial to me, compared to received benefits in OBC.  I always book with refundable deposits anyway (always use FCD's).

Edited by steelers36
  • Like 1

Only you can decide:

OBC from CCL Stock

Sailings of 6 days or fewer $50

Sailings of 7 - 13 days $100

Sailings of 14 days or more $250

OBC From FCD

3 - 6 Days $15 Inside, $15 Outside, $25 Balcony, $25 Suite

7 - 10 Days $25 Inside, $25 Outside, $50 Balcony, $50 Suite

11 - 16 Days $75 Inside, $75 Outside, $100 Balcony, $100 Suite

17 + Days $125 Inside, $125 Outside, $150 Balcony, $150 Suite

On the topic of cruise credits. My Captain Circle benefits shows only 1 cruise credit coming for a future 14 day Caribbean East/West cruise on the Sky. My brother booked the same dates as 2- 7day B2B. I booked the same dates as 1- 14day cruise. He gets 2 cruise credits. I get only 1. Correct? 

27 minutes ago, masterty said:

On the topic of cruise credits. My Captain Circle benefits shows only 1 cruise credit coming for a future 14 day Caribbean East/West cruise on the Sky. My brother booked the same dates as 2- 7day B2B. I booked the same dates as 1- 14day cruise. He gets 2 cruise credits. I get only 1. Correct? 

You should get 2 cruise credits as long as the cruise could be booked as 2 separate 7 day cruises which appears to be the case here

• Like 1

7 hours ago, Clampram said:

We have booked 14 days on the Regal 3 times now end March.  So far it has been a bit less expensive compared to booking 2 x 7 days.  It counts as 2 cruise credits for a regular cabin.  We have another 14 day coming up next Mar 29 on Regal.

On 10/5/2019 at 8:38 AM, Clampram said:

Final payment is normally due 90 days prior to initial boarding. If booked as two separate booking numbers then there are two final payment dates 7 days apart.

The standard deposit is 10% of the cruise fare no matter how booked. It's pretty much a wash as the fare for two separate 7 day cruises should be in the same ball park as the fare for one 14 day cruise. Some promos, as well as Future Cruise Deposits if you have them, have reduced deposits. If that is your situation then you would only have to make one deposit if booked as a single cruise and two if booked as two cruises.

• Like 1

18 hours ago, masterty said:

21 hours ago, masterty said:

This the person with only 1 credit.  They should get 2 credits as I have 2 credits listed for   my 14 day cruise.