Spa Change

BenMurphy

18 minutes ago, sitraveler said:

Last sentence of CC announcement says spa credits are coming back. 

Oceania Club benefits for the spa will be available per ship upon implementation of Aquamar, according to the guest's Oceania Club level:

Gold: Two complimentary spa treatment credits up to $150 each
Platinum: Two complimentary spa treatment credits up to $150 each
Diamond: Two complimentary spa treatment credits up to $200 each
President's Circle: Two complimentary spa treatment credits up to $200 each.

I wonder if that is per person or per cabin? If per cabin then it's $80 per treatment less than the previous perk. But it's better than not getting anything. I think I'd rather just have it in OBC instead. 

• Like 2

1 hour ago, BenMurphy said:

https://www.travelweekly.com/Cruise-Travel/Oceania-Cruises-replacing-Canyon-Ranch-with-Aquamar?fbclid=IwAR0h0vUI6oI0-ppbVLz4fHTISB65aXthTrWmnLqNleqdtc7hqR57TiqlpcA

Oceania are changing Canyon Ranch Spa to Aquamar Spar and vitality .

Not being a spa user my self I can't comment

Josie x

Thanks for the article! Glad to see will still have free access to terrace in PH!!

Denise😊

• Like 2

1 hour ago, B-2-Bs Best! said:

Can't believe that there has been near zero response to this management change.

We were told no "grandfathering", yet, now, 15 months later, they've reestablished spa credits for the higher "O" club levels, same as before.

Maybe negative feedback from passengers regarding the “enhanced” loyalty benefits were heard and (somewhat) heeded...

1 hour ago, B-2-Bs Best! said:

Can't believe that there has been near zero response to this management change.

We were told no "grandfathering", yet, now, 15 months later, they've reestablished spa credits for the higher "O" club levels, same as before.

Not exactly the same as before, they're either better or worse, not sure until they announce the details whether it's per person or per cabin. I'm betting on per cabin. 

Still I"m happy they seem to be restoring some of the benefits. 

• Like 1

27 minutes ago, bob brown said:

So...this means the spa workers will be Oceania instead of Canyon Ranch employees?   Interesting....AFAIK, most cruise lines spa's are run by outside companies like Canyon Ranch or Steiner...

Maybe they are offering those onboard already a job with the new spa ?

• Like 1

11 hours ago, LHT28 said:

Maybe they are offering those onboard already a job with the new spa ?

2 hours ago, bob brown said:

Good possibility. They are already trained, and have required papers.

From the article posted;

"Rubacky said that "most" current Canyon Ranch personnel will be offered an opportunity to stay with Aquamar."

3 hours ago, Nachosdelux said:

All things being equal, I see it as preferable for the spa employees to work directly for the cruise line rather than a contractor.

From a customer perspective, there will be more accountability for any issues.

Maybe... Canyon Ranch or some other concession operator, may or may not be more customer service focused than the cruise line they operate on and respond accordingly...

• 3 weeks later...

FYI today's post on CC News page:  'Live From Oceania Insignia:  Why A Western Caribbean Cruise Can Be A Perfect Spa Vacation' contains info re upcoming spa change - excerpt:

"Oceania has changes planned for its spa; Aquamer Spa & Vitality Center, which appears first on Riviera on December 5, will be the name of its new brand. While the outside contractor is One Spa World – known to veteran cruisers as the new name for behemoth spa company Steiner – we’re told that Aquamer will not be the same as that company’s other cruise ship outposts. 

The change in provider means that Oceania will have more control over the treatments, and offer more options than just massages and facials. We’ve heard good ideas such as wellness shore excursions and spa treatments that are themed to different destinations where the ship is. (We would have loved to see a Mayan treatment here in Belize and Mexico, for example.) Men’s wellness services are going to be added. Prices, which are sky high in the current Canyon Ranch spa – 50-minute massages start at \$155 – might be lowered in some cases. While we’re sad about the loss of luscious Canyon Ranch products, we like the idea of more spa treatment diversity. One promise we’re going to hold Oceania to: We were told that upsells and product pushing would not be allowed in new Aquamer. We hope so; as delightful as our Canyon Ranch practitioner was, she was heavy on both. Who needs that, when you’re emerging from a relaxing treatment?"

Confused here, too.  Or is someone at Oceania confused?  3 days ago in the mail we got the fancy new 35 page Aquamar Brochure, touting the spa services, fitness classes, and new menu items.  The very next day we get an email from Oceania regarding our 4/4/2020 Marina cruise, touting Canyon Spa services, fitness classes, and menu items.  Someone at Oceania didn't get the notice..........

1 hour ago, chivatosteve said:

Confused here, too.  Or is someone at Oceania confused?  3 days ago in the mail we got the fancy new 35 page Aquamar Brochure, touting the spa services, fitness classes, and new menu items.  The very next day we get an email from Oceania regarding our 4/4/2020 Marina cruise, touting Canyon Spa services, fitness classes, and menu items.  Someone at Oceania didn't get the notice..........

We received the same mailing several days ago and for both our up coming cruises 3/31/20 and 4/19/20 emails about Canyon Spa services!!! This is for Riviera .

😊

Denise😊

• Like 1

6 hours ago, ORV said:

I thought it was Aquamar?

My last massage therapist on the Insignia (August, 2019) said that Steiner was taking Canyon Ranch's place so it doesn't surprise me. Probably just branding their Oceania spas with a new name. The therapist was hoping to get hired by them.

• Thanks 1