Chairs around pool

kibutzer

It's our first time on O next week.  But, on all other lines, it has always amazed me to see the "chogs" up at dawn putting their stuff on lounges only to re-emerge from their cabins many hours later to actually use the lounges. I really hope not to see that happen although it appears to be universal.

7 minutes ago, ricka47 said:

It's our first time on O next week.  But, on all other lines, it has always amazed me to see the "chogs" up at dawn putting their stuff on lounges only to re-emerge from their cabins many hours later to actually use the lounges. I really hope not to see that happen although it appears to be universal.

One of the things O instituted was that items would be removed and placed in central area.  And staff was good about supporting that. With a new mix of passengers I am hoping it will be a matter of education, and courtesy. See you Saturday.....

When I go out to the pool, if there are  things on chairs, I wait for 45 minutes and call someone over to remove them

People are usually not happy..but neither am I if they put books on a chair and leave for hours..Ive had people come back 2 hours later and be angry..how thoughtless

Jancruz2

• Like 3

50 minutes ago, kibutzer said:

Joining Insignia next week. Hoping they are still supporting removing articles on chairs being held around pool deck, shady areas when it has been extended amount of time. Any recent experience???? 

Was on Insignia for a Bermuda trip the last week of August. No problems-- to be honest you could always find a chair with a little hunting around. It was wide open until about 10-1030 am and then you had to hunt a little bit. Never had a day where we couldn't get one the first time around. 

I agree  with Jan

We  had a guy on one cruise   put stuff on the loungers in the Sanctuary   early in the morning & not return until late afternoon

he went so far  as to get a breakfast smoothie & leave it on the table next to the  lounger

plus towels & books & his tote bag

one day we  saw him going ashore 

called one of the deck boys  to have his belongings removed

We were there for  2hrs  when he returned irate  that his things  were gone & we had the  lounger

he was screaming in my face   telling me he had only gone to the washroom  & not gone that long

I guess he could not find a w/c on the ship so went ashore to one 🙄

Welcome the new Oceania 😱

• Like 2
  • Haha 2

We had a similar experience on RCI not too long ago where we removed a woman's towel (a cruise line towel) that had been sitting on a chair for hours and hours.  She let us know that she was not happy!  I ordered a beer.

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

I just got off the Insignia on October 5 and even on the sea days, I didn't notice many (I like ricka47's term) "chogs."  In the past when I've been confronted by chogs whose belongings were removed from "their" chair, rather than argue with them, I just say, "there was nothing on the chair when I arrived" and continue to drink my beer.

Edited by lj77346
left out date I was on Insignia
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, Jancruz said:

I dont even answer them.so plus1

I used to be on a food site and one of the regulars traveled weekly for business.  He said that when someone would try to chat him up, he'd put his finger on a spot in his book and - perfect English - say "I don't speak English."  🙂

• Haha 2

9 hours ago, Jancruz said:

When I go out to the pool, if there are  things on chairs, I wait for 45 minutes and call someone over to remove them

People are usually not happy..but neither am I if they put books on a chair and leave for hours..Ive had people come back 2 hours later and be angry..how thoughtless

Jancruz2

I generally find it to not be a problem. But once on one of the R ships someone had "saved" their place on one of the loungers in the shade. I moved their book and when they came back around a hour later they said " that was my stuff there", I replied, " yes, I moved it for you". 

• Haha 1

We aren't pool people and I have no sympathy for those who think they can reserve a chair or lounger for the entire day ... so congratulations to all you folks to stand up to them.

It's unfortunate that there are so many who think it's their right to monopolize space in this way, no matter WHERE it is.

Mura

14 hours ago, CintiPam said:

I have not been on the Oceania board for awhile but have seen several references to “a new mix of passengers.”

Please elucidate.  Thanks.

Pam - to understand the size of the “new mix of passengers” all you have to do is look at the large number of threads here with topics like “New to Oceania”, “First time Oceania cruisers” and people enquiring about O Life, flights, specialties, etc.

A large number of cruisers are disappointed with changes on their long time favorite lines like Celebrity, HAL, Princess and are exploring new options.

Likewise, some loyal O cruisers are moving to luxury lines like Crystal, Seabourn, Regent.

It’s a constantly changing environment 😊

Edited by Paulchili
  • Like 1
  • Thanks 1