B2B 1 or 2 musters?

h-sar

Last year, we did 2 weeks on the Regal as one cruise and didn’t have to do muster the second week. Yay!

This Christmas, we’re on the Sky for two weeks, but as two different cruises. Will we have to do muster the second leg? Not a big deal if we do, but would be a little bonus if we don’t.

When we've done B2B (even when booked as separate cruises), we didn't have to attend the 2nd muster.  We just hung out in our cabin so we wouldn't appear to be skipping the drill.  You should get information at the end of the first week that gives you all the details (muster, meeting up to disembark/reboard, etc.)

• Like 1

Just now, FLCruise7 said:

When we've done B2B (even when booked as separate cruises), we didn't have to attend the 2nd muster.  We just hung out in our cabin so we wouldn't appear to be skipping the drill.  You should get information at the end of the first week that gives you all the details (muster, meeting up to disembark/reboard, etc.)

👍🏼

2 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

This may be changing, or it may be ship-specific. We’ve been told we will have to attend muster drill for each of our upcoming B2B cruises on the Ruby Princess. 

How were you notified of this?

2 hours ago, caribill said:

How were you notified of this?

A large percentage of the passengers on board when we boarded in LA had joined the ship in Vancouver for the 3 day cruise to LA, or were on board for the last Alaska cruise too. We heard the announcement saying they needed to attend, and several passengers confirmed it. 

You should not have to attend the one on the second leg as long as the total number of days of the B2B is less than 30. If it is 30 or even one day over, attendance on the 2nd leg is mandatory.

They do strongly encourage attendance both times, but I've never been required to go when under 30 days.

• Like 1

3 hours ago, PescadoAmarillo said:

A large percentage of the passengers on board when we boarded in LA had joined the ship in Vancouver for the 3 day cruise to LA, or were on board for the last Alaska cruise too. We heard the announcement saying they needed to attend, and several passengers confirmed it. 

Please come back to this thread and update us further on your next leg. Wishing you and G another great winter cruising season!

1 hour ago, h-sar said:

Please come back to this thread and update us further on your next leg. Wishing you and G another great winter cruising season!

J posted a copy of the turnaround day patters on her blog—second page of that states that pax who boarded in LA do NOT have to attend the muster drill in Auckland today.

It probably varies based on both length of cruise and port country.

Edited by cherylandtk

I would think you would need to if you had a different cabin.  It is important to know where to meet and where to go.

I really do wish they would provide a video showing the process of what people are expected to do if they actually have to get in to a lifeboat.

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

I would think you would need to if you had a different cabin.  It is important to know where to meet and where to go.

I really do wish they would provide a video showing the process of what people are expected to do if they actually have to get in to a lifeboat.

Sorry, same cabin both legs.

1 hour ago, fredflint said:

It doesn’t matter if you change cabins or not. You aren’t required to attend the second muster of a B2B.  We do sometimes just because there’s nothing else to do. 😐

On 10/14/2019 at 7:41 PM, FLCruise7 said:

On our only b2b cruise so far, on the second leg, we made a point to hit the bar about 15 mins before the drill and ordered some drinks on the PBP and sat down and watched the “lemmings run” 😉

1 hour ago, RRFan said:

It doesn’t matter if you change cabins or not. You aren’t required to attend the second muster of a B2B.  We do sometimes just because there’s nothing else to do. 😐

On some B2B, we have stayed in the cabin for the second muster, but the audio was played in the cabin. 😒 Another time, we sat out on the Promenade Deck, but once again, the audio from the muster boomed out overhead. There is no escape .......

19 hours ago, flamomo said:

You should not have to attend the one on the second leg as long as the total number of days of the B2B is less than 30. If it is 30 or even one day over, attendance on the 2nd leg is mandatory.

They do strongly encourage attendance both times, but I've never been required to go when under 30 days.

Hmmm... We're booked for a B2B2B next fall. Same cabin and ship for a 6 day, 13 day, and 14 day. 33 days total. Not two cruises but 3. How will that work?

15 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Hmmm... We're booked for a B2B2B next fall. Same cabin and ship for a 6 day, 13 day, and 14 day. 33 days total. Not two cruises but 3. How will that work?

Since you must attend one every 30 days, you should be required to go at the start of the 6 day and again at the start of the 14 day since you would be over 30 days by the end of that segment.

36 minutes ago, Thrak said:

Obviously you will do the first muster drill. After that, my guess is that you can skip the one at the start of the 13 day cruise, but will probably have to do the one at the start of the 14 day cruise because by the end, you will have been on the ship for 33 days and they won't bother doing a separate muster drill for you at the 30 day mark. Just my guess. 🙂 On the other hand, they may not ask to do the drill at the start of the 14 day cruise.