the survey is not anonymous

gerelmx

Interesting thread. I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I was told that in addition to scoring staff, the survey scores are also used to define what type of guest you are. From memory, guests providing scores in the 8 to 10 range are likely to be  "promoters" of Celebrity. Guests providing mid range scores are "passives" and guests providing lower scores are likely to be "demoters" of Celebrity. Suggests that good old fashioned word of mouth marketing still holds value?

Not sure what the big deal is nor why you expected the survey to be completely anonymous.

If someone is pouty or complaining that I didn't give them a good enough score on the previous cruise, do you think I'm going to score them higher?  No, the score is going to go down.

Please, let them see my scores and if they would like to receive a perfect 10, then address the issues I presented in the survey and earn it.  

• Like 2

7 hours ago, Redking said:

Interesting thread. I may have got the wrong end of the stick, but I was told that in addition to scoring staff, the survey scores are also used to define what type of guest you are. From memory, guests providing scores in the 8 to 10 range are likely to be  "promoters" of Celebrity. Guests providing mid range scores are "passives" and guests providing lower scores are likely to be "demoters" of Celebrity. Suggests that good old fashioned word of mouth marketing still holds value?

I think cruising, more than most any other form of vacationing relies the most on word of mouth today.  Still so many misconceptions about cruising and ships that can only dispelled by people you know personally.  We have many conversations with people who have never considered cruising because of outdated information or just plain not understanding what value a cruise brings to a vacation.

And yes, if you give awesome scores, Celebrity will love you.  Course that's true of any company in the hospitality and tourism industry.  

• Like 1

23 hours ago, davekathy said:

We did a 14 night cruise on the Summit in September and not one staff member ever said anything about a 10 score. We were reminded on the last evening to take the PCS when we got home. No biggie. 

So far I have been pretty lucky. My sister works on another cruise line (no, I cannot take advantage of any discounts as being a teacher my vacation is limited to high-traffic seasons) as a crew trainer. I usually politely let my stateroom host and dining room staff know that I understand the survey and rating system and will let them know if I have any problems well before the survey is to be completed. To this point that usually takes care of the constant speeches about it.

(The funniest was when I was on HAL (a group I was with was using HAL...they have since changed). I had a hoodie from the other line (it was an Alaskan cruise and that was the only hoodie I had at the time), some of their shampoo and conditioner (Elemis products do not work for me), and a plush animal I found in Seattle we could not keep stocked in NYC. Got back to my cabin between our deck race and a stretching clinic on the first morning to find my stateroom host, a supervisor with clipboard and check list, and an assistant host in my cabin making sure everything was just right. I had not even had a reason to say anything - but they clearly knew I was accustomed to a certain level of service. Lol.)

2 hours ago, creativegenius said:

Not sure what the big deal is nor why you expected the survey to be completely anonymous.

It seems we both have something in common. We both appear to have a spine! 

No issues here giving an honest score. I'd happily tell any Celebrity staff why I gave them the score I did whether it be 4 or 10! 

I personally think scoring people higher than they deserve doesn't do anyone any favours. The staff, management and more importantly fellow passengers. They won't ever improve without helpful and constructive feedback. Why people fear some kind of retribution on a B2B is beyond me. If they're unworthy of a 9 or 10 rating, help them out and explain where they could improve to their face rather than hiding behind a BS, faceless survey. :) 

• Like 1

These comments on holding waiters accountable for survey scores would seem to only apply to traditional dining.  What about select where guest may have been served by a different wait staff each evening?  Survey score would likely be an average of guest's overall experience.  Unless waiter is mentioned by name how do they identify the good and the bad?

Don’t most businesses that survey their customers share results with their employees?  The hospital I worked at always gave us a copy of any patient survey we were mentioned in, good or bad.   The only thing that surprises me with Celebrity’s is how quick they seem to do so, it was usually months after the patient’s stay that results were shared with staff, many times you couldn’t remember who the patient wad😂.

Sherri🙂

30 minutes ago, sjb317 said:

The only thing that surprises me with Celebrity’s is how quick they seem to do so, 

Sherri🙂

its good they share that quickly, if there is a problem or comment from another guest, I want them to correct / change it as soon as possible so I you you dont have the same experience 

58 minutes ago, Tulsacoker said:

My philosophy on surveys? I dont every rate someone or thing that I'm no willing to say to their face. I ever expect any survey to be anonymous even if they claim so.

That seems like a very sensible mode of operation to me!