Platinum Priority Boarding

From my recent experience, we received priority boarding. The staff check to see your e-ticket and direct you to the appropriate check-in lane. On our last two cruises, we were on-board by 1200 at Brisbane and Sydney. We received the similar email you have received.

42 minutes ago, joybook said:

Read the second paragraph. That will answer your question quite clearly.

To me it was ambiguous, was it the overall check in times or the deck allocated check in time for our deck?

Edited by Russell21

1 hour ago, Russell21 said:

Received a message from Princess containing the following message, and I'm not sure whether the wording means we can still have priority boarding regardless of our deck level, and can board at 12.00 noon.

image.png.043beef6e3f0c8f208a08eda9a8412a3.png

We usually turn up around 11am. The check- in is usually open then and we can go upstairs to wait until our boarding group is called. We're usually onboard before noon.

42 minutes ago, Russell21 said:

To me it was ambiguous, was it the overall check in times or the deck allocated check in time for our deck?

I agree that it is ambiguous, or maybe not so if you read it to mean that you should stick to the allocated times. However, we have been able to go straight to the priority boarding area, without regard to the time allocated for our deck.  😊

Edited by Aus Traveller

3 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

However, we have been able to go straight to the priority boarding area, without regard to the time allocated for our deck.  😊

That is exactly what has been my experience. We have never been denied early boarding.

4 hours ago, Aus Traveller said:

However, we have been able to go straight to the priority boarding area, without regard to the time allocated for our deck.  😊

1 hour ago, By The Bay said:

That is exactly what has been my experience. We have never been denied early boarding.

I'd be seriously annoyed if they did enforce the allocated deck times for priority boarders. Priority boarding should mean just that - priority over all other passengers that don't also have priority boarding, not priority boarding after 25%, 50% or 75% of all passengers (priority or not) have boarded.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

5 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

We tend to be having a lunch and then boarding closer to 2-3pm, most time it wouldn't matter about priority then as the place is nearly empty.

We like to board early to start our holiday early. We go to the dining room on board for a leisurely lunch.

Firstly let me say we have been Elite on Princess since 2009 and since then sometimes we use priority boarding and sometimes just prefer to turn up mid afternoon when the rat race has died down.  I do not wish to race on board just to get into the MDR for embarkation lunch, I mean to say you are on board for lunch most days.

The trouble with Princess these days is that almost every man and his dog is Elite or Platinum, having Priority boarding.  It has got out of control.  Time to do a cull and restrict Priority boarding to Elites only, the Platinums can wait as can the rich dudes booked in suites, this will thin it out a bit.  Also Princess and for that matter all the other cruise lines should enforce the given check in times. If you are too early for your given time, do not let them enter the terminal.  We have to reduce the crowding impact in terminals like the OPT - Circular Quay.

OK, had my say, standby for incoming.

Edited by NSWP

At the end of the day perhaps the MDR should be closed on embarkation day to stem the mass attack and then perhaps pax might arrive at the OPT at their allocated time.

Yes, I know I am the 'Fun Police.'

Edited by NSWP

17 minutes ago, NSWP said:

At the end of the day perhaps the MDR should be closed on embarkation day to stem the mass attack and then perhaps pax might arrive at the OPT at their allocated time.

The MDR doesn't contribute to the mass attack. Very few people know it's open and very, very few, go there for lunch, making it a great place to start a cruise.

19 minutes ago, NSWP said:

But most head to Ye olde Horizontal Court (come back fat tm)

Just now, GUT2407 said:

But most head to Ye olde Horizontal Court (come back fat tm)

Yes I know, that is where the 'Stewarts' send the pax.   They do not publicise that the MDR is open, too much work.

I believe it means Priority boarding is available within the allocated boarding time for your deck level. However as mentioned it is not enforced, similar to not enforcing dress code on formal nights.

As NSWP says the Platinum and Elite levels are getting top heavy and they need to address this situation. 

Maybe when they have a large number of passengers on the big ships they might enforce the boarding times and priority boarding for everyone.

3 minutes ago, valantine80 said:

I believe it means Priority boarding is available within the allocated boarding time for your deck level. However as mentioned it is not enforced, similar to not enforcing dress code on formal nights.

As NSWP says the Platinum and Elite levels are getting top heavy and they need to address this situation. 

Maybe when they have a large number of passengers on the big ships they might enforce the boarding times and priority boarding for everyone.

I will drink to that, thank you.