What would it cost if we wanted to go to the Steak House one night

judydoc

12 hours ago, cksv said:

Took this pic while onboard the Breakaway last month. Cagney’s seems to get a little pricier each cruise.

C97D70C6-D18E-41DD-9ABF-E4C2387B3BB4.thumb.jpeg.01df212bf7ddac95616d1bfceeb39d2c.jpeg

I was about to say the menu that valleyvillage posted seemed a lot less than prices we saw in early June.  Yes, they jumped right out of a price range for single meal. Way too expensive for the quality you get. That is just my opinion.

• Like 4

14 hours ago, Love my butler said:

To have a decent meal you are looking at about $80 per person including mandatory tips.  Ridiculous price for what you get.

Yes, I think the prices recently were significantly increased.  We get two free specialty dinners as Platinum members, but would never spend that amount now.

• Like 5

Last week on the Bliss I had the crabcake, non-petite filet with 2 sides and the OMG cheesecake and the bill would have been $72-$74 before gratuities if I had paid out of pocket.  I had the dining plan so it cost me nothing.

• Like 2

21 hours ago, Love my butler said:

To have a decent meal you are looking at about $80 per person including mandatory tips.  Ridiculous price for what you get.

Looking at that menu, my pretend dinner was $38, plus tip . So around $45. That does not sound bad to me. 

3 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Looking at that menu, my pretend dinner was $38, plus tip . So around $45. That does not sound bad to me. 

There are individual items that cost more than that.  Going to a steak house to not eat steak?

• Like 2

8 hours ago, Greenpea2 said:

Then eat up and enjoy your salad that is free in the buffet.  As I stated previously, a decent meal, without drinks, is gonna run you about $80 including tips.  Just the surf and turf alone is $60.  The prices are ridiculous.

• Like 1

On 11/3/2019 at 6:25 PM, judydoc said:

Going Epic in a couple weeks and are thinking of going to the Steak House one night.  We don't want a package deal.  What would it cost for one night per person??

I would figure close to $100 for two, maybe a little less. Of course a lot depends on how many courses you order and what price you choose. You can take a look at a menu when you get on the ship. Be sure to make reservations early as they do fill up pretty fast. 

On 11/3/2019 at 10:39 PM, Love my butler said:

Absolutely not true. That is way more than most would even think of paying. $50 or $60 is realistic. 

7 hours ago, newmexicoNita said:

Absolutely not true. That is way more than most would even think of paying. $50 or $60 is realistic. 

Get yourself a surf and turf.  $60 alone, so your analysis is absolutely not true.  

P.S. Not need to 'figure'.  The menu and prices are posted right there.  The costs here are exact.

Shrimp Cocktail+Petite 5 oz Filet (smallest, cheapest steak offered)+2 sides = $13+$26+12 = $51+20% Service Charge+$5 additional tip typically left in specialty restaurants = $65.  No salad, no dessert, no cash drinks.  Most would find this a minimalist dinner with an $80+ price tag more likely. 

Edited by FLAHAM
  • Like 1

On 11/4/2019 at 1:36 PM, 4774Papa said:

Yes, I think the prices recently were significantly increased.  We get two free specialty dinners as Platinum members, but would never spend that amount now.

How do you sign up for reservations for the Platinum meal? I did not want to do it online and get charged. And what is included? A flat amount or whatever you eat?

Edited by PatnJudy

1 hour ago, PatnJudy said:

How do you sign up for reservations for the Platinum meal? I did not want to do it online and get charged. And what is included? A flat amount or whatever you eat?

I wasn't charged for our Platinum dinners. I think the system can tell your status.  Not a lot of reservations are available for the cruise. Our last cruise I did them on the NCL app as soon as we boarded