Coca Cola OUT, Pepsi Cola IN

LMaxwell

On 12/3/2019 at 5:13 PM, christyran1228 said:

I don't think I'll ever understand how soda, of all things, could possibly be that highly considered when choosing how and where to spend your vacation dollars.  Coca Cola is a hell of a drug, I guess.  Lol

Exactly. If / when I drink soda I couldn't care less if its Coke, Pepsi, or some off brand.

It has been a long time...love these discussions...always working on weight loss and have stopped coke except special occasions.  When I have it..well I want more and 5 lbs happens seemingly instantly. In search of an additive completely good for me that I like..I like those Mia things but all the dye.  I can get into different teas with Stevia.  I see they never stop making new beverages and combine them with different lines. The college kids in my family love the different things.  My brother-in-law has worked for coke plant here over 30 years and mom was only Pepsi gal...sorry for all who LOVE and adore coke.  Tis hard to give it up or only have a 12 pack for many.  Not only a mix but a coffee for many!!   In a smaller community that is growing it is funny to see the back and forth this beverage contract fight. The one multi-move theater went back to coke to stay so far lol. I can see this being a Ping Pong deal over next few years with Carnival and NCL.  Some brave souls will figure something better they like and some will find they love H2O which is a wonder when that hits.  When all you want is ice tea and H20 and you do a lot of the latter and only a cocktail or glass of wine every eve for vacation.  You may find yourself thinner or same weight after a cruise with all extra activity even walking more on ship and in port only...  And it can be a good time to try to work on one poor health addiction; when so busy with other things; if you think you will not be brought too low.  My mom was addicted to Diet Pepsi...I am finally getting back to coke only occasionally like before she passed...it became a security blanket before and after this event for LONG time!!!  I do think it affects your immune system; ike many many other things and must be addictive within mix more than we know......I have no judgement here; almost nothing is good for you in prepared foods and drinks.......Happy Travels my friends and HAPPY  NEW YEAR!!!!!

Edited by sjn911
grammer /spelling
  • Like 1

On 11/13/2019 at 9:25 AM, SailorMarg said:

The only thing my husband wants to know, what about the Dr. Pepper?!!

Dr. Pepper might still be carried...and here is why:

Dr. Pepper is owned by neither Pepsi or Coca-Cola, it is a product of the Dr Pepper-Snapple Group company which is now a part of Green Mountain otherwise known as the company that makes Keurig coffee pods and machines, K-cups.

But they have distribution agreements with both companies which is why its often seen sold in conjunction with Coke or Pepsi at fountains.

20 hours ago, sjn911 said:

It has been a long time...love these discussions...always working on weight loss and have stopped coke except special occasions.  When I have it..well I want more and 5 lbs happens seemingly instantly. In search of an additive completely good for me that I like..I like those Mia things but all the dye.  I can get into different teas with Stevia.  I see they never stop making new beverages and combine them with different lines. The college kids in my family love the different things.  My brother-in-law has worked for coke plant here over 30 years and mom was only Pepsi gal...sorry for all who LOVE and adore coke.  Tis hard to give it up or only have a 12 pack for many.  Not only a mix but a coffee for many!!   In a smaller community that is growing it is funny to see the back and forth this beverage contract fight. The one multi-move theater went back to coke to stay so far lol. I can see this being a Ping Pong deal over next few years with Carnival and NCL.  Some brave souls will figure something better they like and some will find they love H2O which is a wonder when that hits.  When all you want is ice tea and H20 and you do a lot of the latter and only a cocktail or glass of wine every eve for vacation.  You may find yourself thinner or same weight after a cruise with all extra activity even walking more on ship and in port only...  And it can be a good time to try to work on one poor health addiction; when so busy with other things; if you think you will not be brought too low.  My mom was addicted to Diet Pepsi...I am finally getting back to coke only occasionally like before she passed...it became a security blanket before and after this event for LONG time!!!  I do think it affects your immune system; ike many many other things and must be addictive within mix more than we know......I have no judgement here; almost nothing is good for you in prepared foods and drinks.......Happy Travels my friends and HAPPY  NEW YEAR!!!!!

Is that you Sarah?

I've been inspired by Carnival's new money-making endeavor of selling reusable straws after getting rid of the plastic straws. They created a demand for something that wasn't there before. Since a lot of people are upset about the change to Pepsi, I'll carry on as many 12-packs of Coke as we can and sell them. 😁 I'll go around the ship in search of folks who look sullen with their rum & Pepsi's and glasses of their non-preferred cola. I'll discreetly tell the, "I got the stuff. Come to cabin xxxx and give the secret knock...'Shave and a Haircut.' $2/can, how bad do you want it?"

• Like 1
  • Haha 4

3 hours ago, sjn911 said:

Yes...new ships look so nice!!  Love more food options.  So good to see you...

We were supposed to be on the initial sailing of the MArdi Gras.....until they announced she will be late in the build cycle, but yes.  So nice to see you here, been a long time.

1 hour ago, jimbo5544 said:

We were supposed to be on the initial sailing of the MArdi Gras.....until they announced she will be late in the build cycle, but yes.  So nice to see you here, been a long time.

I read that when getting caught up on new ships...old ships..so sorry.  That is the bummer..great to see you too..just turned the Big 60..so more cruising and just family weekend time soon I think. My cowboy dad is still here and pray to take him to Hawaii and to see a friend of his living on Molokai..both 85, then we will see..I still want one cruise with him and one with whole family in my bucket list of cruises and travel BUT..mom got sick the second they got off their nice Alaskan cruise and gone 6 weeks later.   It was not the cruise's fault, but is was a rare heart virus from God knows where and how she got it and she had had more bugs recently.... but he is not sure now.  I have the places picked where we will see the ships in Hawaii and maybe he will get urge, if not it is mostly local land stuff and that is good too......He is still active..has a second new mule after the Grand Canyon ride almost 5 years ago......lol..but more he is  more tired and muscles get tired more quickly......so good to see you and your travels list again too.  We have to trust your replacement plans will be fantastic..speak to you soon...Blessed Sunday.

Edited by sjn911
diction

8 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

I've been inspired by Carnival's new money-making endeavor of selling reusable straws after getting rid of the plastic straws. They created a demand for something that wasn't there before. Since a lot of people are upset about the change to Pepsi, I'll carry on as many 12-packs of Coke as we can and sell them. 😁 I'll go around the ship in search of folks who look sullen with their rum & Pepsi's and glasses of their non-preferred cola. I'll discreetly tell the, "I got the stuff. Come to cabin xxxx and give the secret knock...'Shave and a Haircut.' $2/can, how bad do you want it?"

Love this! Funny!

14 hours ago, Organized Chaos said:

Hope you are going to be on the Fascination in March.  I'll need my Coke Zero fix, lol.  

7 hours ago, sjn911 said:

I read that when getting caught up on new ships...old ships..so sorry.  That is the bummer..great to see you too..just turned the Big 60..so more cruising and just family weekend time soon I think. My cowboy dad is still here and pray to take him to Hawaii and to see a friend of his living on Molokai..both 85, then we will see..I still want one cruise with him and one with whole family in my bucket list of cruises and travel BUT..mom got sick the second they got off their nice Alaskan cruise and gone 6 weeks later.   It was not the cruise's fault, but is was a rare heart virus from God knows where and how she got it and she had had more bugs recently.... but he is not sure now.  I have the places picked where we will see the ships in Hawaii and maybe he will get urge, if not it is mostly local land stuff and that is good too......He is still active..has a second new mule after the Grand Canyon ride almost 5 years ago......lol..but more he is  more tired and muscles get tired more quickly......so good to see you and your travels list again too.  We have to trust your replacement plans will be fantastic..speak to you soon...Blessed Sunday.

You are lucky to have them still with you.  Thanks for the update.   We are on the Legend now, doing a live review, love to have you follow along.  Great catching up. 

17 hours ago, jobell said:

Dr. Pepper might still be carried...

Dr. Pepper will continue to be served on Galveston and New Orleans based ships.

Carnival will carry the following beverages:

20200105-142801.png

20200105-142736.png

Info located @:

https://cruiseradio.net/list-of-pepsi-products-on-carnival-cruise-line/

✌️

Edited by ObstructedView2

8 hours ago, jimbo5544 said:

You are lucky to have them still with you.  Thanks for the update.   We are on the Legend now, doing a live review, love to have you follow along.  Great catching up. 

Thank you..will find it..!!