designer handbags on Silhouette

bocamimi

In October on Equinox I saw a LOT of Michael Kors, a fair amount of 2019 Kate Spade, some Furla, and a few Brahmin. The usual selections. The newest addition (for me) was a nice display of Mary Francis bags. Bags of all brands ranged from sticker price to half price. I saw no additional sales of brand name bags. They used to have a "special sale" on a sea day when they would pull out bags not previously on display... but not this cruise. If you see something you want, buy it but keep the tags on it. If they have a sale and you find something you like better, return the first bag. 🙂 They don't often have duplicates of the deeply discounted items.

• Like 1

Thank you for the tips. I have bought Furla and Kate Spade on other ships. I did get a great price on the Kate bag on the last cruise, I didn't remember if they had Coach.  I think I will check  the bags at the beginning for the best selection and watch for a sale.

3 hours ago, phoenix_dream said:

I have no idea about the Edge, but I have never seen Coach on any other of the Celebrity ships and I have sailed them all.

I bought a beautiful MK tote bag on the silhouette while on a Scandinavian cruise over 3 years ago. Rose gold with MK initials in the pattern. I had NR obc to use and the last night it suddenly appeared. The girl onboard said she found it in the stockroom. Lots of pockets inside and very roomy. It was the only one there so grabbed it.

I went to look at handbags next to last day on a recent Equinox cruise...Very little choice, ended up forgetting it and using our remaining non refundable OBC for something else.

If I really wanted to purchase a bag on a cruise I think I would shop early just as we have learned to do for cameras etc which we know they do have limited stock of...

5 minutes ago, chemmo said:

I went to look at handbags next to last day on a recent Equinox cruise...Very little choice, ended up forgetting it and using our remaining non refundable OBC for something else.

If I really wanted to purchase a bag on a cruise I think I would shop early just as we have learned to do for cameras etc which we know they do have limited stock of...

I really wasn't in the market for a bag but in all honesty I've used the last 3 winter seasons. I recently splurged and bought a Longchamp one which I can fold up and take on my next cruise. That was also at a duty free store in the Caribbean 

21 minutes ago, ipeeinthepool said:

I usually buy designer handbags in St Thomas.  Always plenty of selection.

Shame the islands don’t take OBC! The only time I go handbag shopping on a cruise  is when I have an excess...

14 minutes ago, yorky said:

Wait until the last day of the cruise. Last two cruises my wife has purchased a Micheal Kors bag the last day for half price. They add a couple at a time towards the end of the cruise.

That's probably how I got my beautiful rose gold MK bag. Showed up on the last night of cruise. Only one. Had lots of use from it.

3 minutes ago, drakes2 said:

That's probably how I got my beautiful rose gold MK bag. Showed up on the last night of cruise. Only one. Had lots of use from it.

I’m guessing they have targets that need to be reached on every cruise.

12 minutes ago, yorky said:

I’m guessing they have targets that need to be reached on every cruise.

Oh that's for sure. Only bought it since there was obc to use. I just came off a cruise where St  Maarten was one of my ports of call and there is a Longchamps store where I snagged a limited edition travel bag  salesperson said prices are 30% cheaper than in the US and because it's a French port they sell for same cost as in France. I had already priced locally at home and after doing some calculations worked out $180 cheaper.

• Like 1

On 11/23/2019 at 5:23 AM, Cruise a holic said:

No high end designers like LV, Prada or Gucci- Really some MK and Kate Spade-  2nd tier designers.

Totally agree. You can buy these at any outlet mall cheaper.

LV, Prada etc are real designer bags. The others are all made in China.

• 2 years later...

I think it's easier to find a replica than a designer bag. I've been chasing a designer bag for almost a year, and I only found out that I had to make a pre-order. I started looking for alternatives when I was told that the amount would be almost $ 5,000. Anyway, at https://www.aaabag.nu/, I found one just like it. Although I know that the expensive, exclusive bags do not have identification labels, I had to rip these (misspelled on purpose) to the bag like the original.