Hotels close to Fort Lauderdale cruise port

rob6465

It's nothing fancy, but we've stayed at the Rodeway Inn & Suites twice. It's just off I-95, about 8 miles from the port. We drive to our cruises, so we always look for park & cruise packages. That's why we've used Rodeway, but it's a nice hotel. Their cruise package includes a complimentary shuttle to and from Port Everglades, but I think if you just get a regular rate, they still offer the shuttle for a fee.

36 minutes ago, rob6465 said:

Any hotels recommended close to Lauderdale cruise port? Cruising on breeze December 2020 but seems like many hotels are filling up for that date.

Are you flying, driving?  Do you want to be on the water, or just a decent place to stay?  There are tons right near the airport that will have free shuttles from the airport and to the cruise port, as the two are only a couple of miles apart.

• Like 1

This map will show you hotels close to the port.

https://www.tripadvisor.com/Hotels-g34227-Fort_Lauderdale_Broward_County_Florida-Hotels.html#MAPVIEW

I rather doubt those hotels are truly filled up.   Most hotels won't show availability that far out.  For example, hilton only shows through Nov 2020.  You'll have to wait another month or so to see Dec 2020.  

We stay at the embassy suites.  Just a matter of personal preference.  Others like other places but you won't go far wrong with the embassy suites.  I'll book our room as soon as they open up.

I stayed at Hampton Inn/Airport-Cruise Port recently and it was very good.  They have a shuttle from the airport and one to the cruise port ($10.00).  I came in late so wasn't concerned about shopping, etc.  There are a few restaurants nearby.

17 hours ago, Sean_B said:

For that price, it better be nice!

It really is difficult to find reasonable lodging during the busy high season.  Get away from FLL to find other lodging.  Who wants to spend a third of the cost of your cruise for one night in a room?   I don't.  

13 hours ago, RocketMan275 said:

I rather doubt those hotels are truly filled up.   Most hotels won't show availability that far out.  For example, hilton only shows through Nov 2020.  You'll have to wait another month or so to see Dec 2020.  

We stay at the embassy suites.  Just a matter of personal preference.  Others like other places but you won't go far wrong with the embassy suites.  I'll book our room as soon as they open up.

Agree with both comments.

Re the 10.00pp shuttles mentioned a couple times in this thread, I don't see why anyone would use them if staying relatively close to port.  Hotel shuttles are generally not a pleasant experience.  You wait around for them, pack everyone's luggage in, pack all the people in, maybe stop at multiple ships.  Uber is generally half the price, quick pick up, and straight to your ship.

• Like 1

18 minutes ago, bouhunter said:

Agree with both comments.

Re the 10.00pp shuttles mentioned a couple times in this thread, I don't see why anyone would use them if staying relatively close to port.  Hotel shuttles are generally not a pleasant experience.  You wait around for them, pack everyone's luggage in, pack all the people in, maybe stop at multiple ships.  Uber is generally half the price, quick pick up, and straight to your ship.

Agreed.  For the same reason we do not use offsite parking near the port.  We'd rather spend a bit more for the convenience of not using shuttles.  

20 hours ago, rob6465 said:

Any hotels recommended close to Lauderdale cruise port? Cruising on breeze December 2020 but seems like many hotels are filling up for that date.

OP - It may look like hotels are filled but many don't release rooms until 11 or so months in advance so you may just be looking too early.  Try again in a few weeks and you should find much more availability. 

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, capriccio said:

OP - It may look like hotels are filled but many don't release rooms until 11 or so months in advance so you may just be looking too early.  Try again in a few weeks and you should find much more availability. 

Thanks will do

On 12/28/2019 at 5:44 AM, capriccio said:

This is exactly it. We had our eye on a hotel for our cruise in Oct 2020 when we booked in April 2019. We kept looking in hopes that a room would become available and in frustration I called the hotel. The lady on the phone said that they (and the majority of hotel chains in the world) don't release rooms until 11 months before the scheduled check-out date, which is key to remember.   For most of us on a one-nighter before a cruise it's not a big deal, but for someone maybe on a business trip who needs 3-7 days in the same location, they would have to wait until the rooms are released for their check-out date before booking their stay.

As expected, the rooms at the hotel we wanted to stay at were released 10 months and 28 days before our expected departure (I was checking every day) and we booked as soon as they became available. 

I hope this helps Op and anyone else who might come across this thread in the future.

Edited by Sean_B

So I was just trying to get an idea of prices for February 2021 looking at February 2020 for Embassy Suites, but it won't let me book a single room for the Saturday night. I can only book the Friday and Saturday nights. When I did the live chat with Hilton, rep said the hotel is sold out of single night rooms. What the heck is that about?? 

2 hours ago, ilovetotravel1977 said:

So I was just trying to get an idea of prices for February 2021 looking at February 2020 for Embassy Suites, but it won't let me book a single room for the Saturday night. I can only book the Friday and Saturday nights. When I did the live chat with Hilton, rep said the hotel is sold out of single night rooms. What the heck is that about?? 

Wait until 11 months in advance and you'll probably see more rooms available.  Embassy Suites is very popular but again, 11 months or less in advance will give you  more accurate availability.

• Like 1