15 punch coffee card

travelingyolo815

3 hours ago, Marjule said:

I have just logged in to my Personalizer and there is no mention of just the coffee card.  It seems to be linked to the beverage package.  I just want to enjoy the coffee, not the alcohol part as I think the package is way too expensive.  I'd rather pay as you go with the alcoholic drinks.  I do hope they haven't taken this option off the table.

Not wanting to derail the thread and you may already know this, but I note your comment about the drinks package. I never take the package even though we drink a little (sometimes more than a little but not stupidly) however today I added the Beverage package and unlimited internet to our booking for $35pp per day - great value for us. I just asked my TA for the cost of the Oceans of Offers deal if I wanted to add it, as I noticed many on here were doing. It's not applicable to all cruises but was for one of our upcoming two cruises.

I appreciate that you may already be aware of this but just in case... 

3 hours ago, Marjule said:

I have just logged in to my Personalizer and there is no mention of just the coffee card.  It seems to be linked to the beverage package.  I just want to enjoy the coffee, not the alcohol part as I think the package is way too expensive.  I'd rather pay as you go with the alcoholic drinks.  I do hope they haven't taken this option off the table.

I just checked the two cruises we have booked and the New Grounds coffee option was on my Personaliser for both. Cost is $53 for 15 coffees. Hopefully it will appear for you but I know that you can just purchase on board.

8 minutes ago, leck57 said:

I just checked the two cruises we have booked and the New Grounds coffee option was on my Personaliser for both. Cost is $53 for 15 coffees. Hopefully it will appear for you but I know that you can just purchase on board.

You should always purchase it onboard as it's only $36 then. The online prices are usually wrong due to a software bug.

• Thanks 1

2 hours ago, leck57 said:

Very easy to purchase on board, no difference in price, and if you have OBC the purchase will net against the credit. The price of AUS$53 sounds correct. In the U.S. the price including 18% gratuity is US$36.58 which at the current exchange is right around AUS$53.

11 hours ago, Thrak said:

Wow. Good luck with that. The poor staff have no control over the changes. I had a few coffee cards and gave away coffee drinks to strangers to use them up. If I was staff and told not to accept the cards I would simply do my job and refuse to accept the cards. I can't imagine trying to get someone to fail to do the job they have been hired to do in order to get "benefits" I'm no longer entitled to receive. Please give these poor folks a break. They are not the ones who changed the policy. They are simply the ones who can be fired for violating the terms of their employment.

thrak...thank you for the advice...but I'm looking only to get a few smiles...please don't take things too seriously...smile. 😊

On 1/8/2020 at 12:47 PM, bonsai3s said:

neverbeenhere...thanks!.....we still have a couple of "old" coffee cards...we are sailing Princess this year and we will definitely bring them with us.  I'm sure we'll get funny looks. 😊

You won't get funny looks and also won't get coffee.  Those old cards are worthless.  We also had a few old cards (all legit) but were able to use them on cruises prior to the deadline.  You can try going to Guest Relations and maybe somebody will take pity on you, but I doubt it!

Hank

• Like 2

45 minutes ago, Hlitner said:

You won't get funny looks and also won't get coffee.  Those old cards are worthless.  We also had a few old cards (all legit) but were able to use them on cruises prior to the deadline.  You can try going to Guest Relations and maybe somebody will take pity on you, but I doubt it!

Hank

Maybe in 50 years they'll be collectors items? I've some comics that old that my grandchildren will probably retire on, well. not really, as my mother tossed them when I was in college. Can we say Superman #1!

2 hours ago, CruiseVA said:

Maybe in 50 years they'll be collectors items? I've some comics that old that my grandchildren will probably retire on, well. not really, as my mother tossed them when I was in college. Can we say Superman #1!

Yeah. I had the first Hulk, the first Fantastic 4, the first... I also had a large shoe box (actually a boot box) full of very old baseball cards I got from a much older kid's parents and even some football cards. (We're talking some serious rookie cards.) My mother tossed everything. Who knew they would be worth anything???

Edited by Thrak

18 hours ago, skynight said:

Very easy to purchase on board, no difference in price, and if you have OBC the purchase will net against the credit. The price of AUS$53 sounds correct. In the U.S. the price including 18% gratuity is US$36.58 which at the current exchange is right around AUS$53.

Please don't presume to comment on Australian pricing unless you have cruised in our region and know what you are talking about.The Australian price is AU$36, and there is no added gratuity. And there is a significant difference between the onboard price of $36 and the various prices that appear in the personalizer. There is a longstanding software bug that causes incorrect AUD pricing for Australian cruises.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

12 hours ago, Thrak said:

Yeah. I had the first Hulk, the first Fantastic 4, the first... I also had a large shoe box (actually a boot box) full of very old baseball cards I got from a much older kid's parents and even some football cards. (We're talking some serious rookie cards.) My mother tossed everything. Who knew they would be worth anything???

That's true, I never would have thought that someone would pay big $$$ for those old things.