Our Luggage Tags Arrived

aml3679

With less than 50 days until we sail, our luggage tags arrived yesterday.  We leave on the Equinox for a 7 night Eastern Caribbean cruise out of Fort Lauderdale on February 15th.  I booked this cruise over a year ago just to have it right around the corner.  So excited.

• Like 4

Mine should have yesterday (at least I assume that was the envelope from Celebrity) per my delivery digest, but that envelope was not in the mailbox. Hoping it shows today. 

If for some reason the envelope is lost (or was misdelivered to someone who doesn’t put misdelivered mail back in an outgoing box as I always do), would I be able to order more or am I stuck with arts and crafts?

34 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

or was misdelivered to someone who doesn’t put misdelivered mail back in an outgoing box as I always do.

Yeah, that would be me. I HATE mail and resent having to deal with all this garbage being sent to my house.  I have very likely recycled other people's mail often.  I barely look at what's sent to me. If I'm not specifically expecting something, in the recyvle bin it goes!

38 minutes ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

If for some reason the envelope is lost (or was misdelivered to someone who doesn’t put misdelivered mail back in an outgoing box as I always do), would I be able to order more or am I stuck with arts and crafts?

Assuming that you have some time before your sailing date--I want to say that Celebrity cuts off issuance of mailed luggage tags several weeks before--yes, you can reorder...

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

Australians never get sent luggage tags by Celebrity. 

Same in the U.K...much as it is no big deal to print the luggage tags off and put them in those nice holders you can buy I really do miss them arriving and reminding me my holiday is around the corner!

• Like 1

We assumed our travel agent (a friend) was taking care of ours (cruise is on 14th) so when we heard nothing, we just printed ours. I did order them via booking about a week ago. I didnt realize it had to be ordered several weeks prior. Bottom line - we got them and hopefully all will be good to go in san Juan.

1 minute ago, OhioCraig said:

Edocs and luggage tags still haven't been released for my upcoming 2/2 cruise.  Seems kind of late.  Hopefully they will be released soon so that I can request the luggage tags.  Not sure what the hold up is.

That is strange, perhaps you need to consider calling X to confirm that in fact the docs and tags have not been released for your sailing instead of waiting any longer.

bon voyage

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Mine should have yesterday (at least I assume that was the envelope from Celebrity) per my delivery digest, but that envelope was not in the mailbox. Hoping it shows today. 

You definitely can reorder luggage tags.   I had to do just that over the summer, and sort of figured that both sets would eventually show up.   I only received the second set.   At one point in time there was a bit of a problem ordering the luggage tags online, and so I called, Celebrity was very happy to mail them out.   

Getting those luggage tags in the mail makes the cruise seem real and gives me a defined time to officially start packing. 

• Like 1

6 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Yes can reorder luggage tags. I would call rather than order on line again. Call the Captain Club desk at 1-800-760-0654. Or you can print them from your Edocs. We prefer the mailed ones. Traditional.  

• Like 2

30 minutes ago, OhioCraig said:

Edocs and luggage tags still haven't been released for my upcoming 2/2 cruise.  Seems kind of late.  Hopefully they will be released soon so that I can request the luggage tags.  Not sure what the hold up is.

We are on the 2/2 Edge sailing and have received our luggage tags and printed e-docs (as back up since we’ll use the app to check-in).  

16 minutes ago, NCHPcruiser said:

We are on the 2/2 Edge sailing and have received our luggage tags and printed e-docs (as back up since we’ll use the app to check-in).  

I am on the Eclipse - Antarctica Sailing.  Maybe they are arriving via Penguin.  🙂  I spoke with Celebrity and they are looking into it for me.

• Haha 1

7 hours ago, WrittenOnYourHeart said:

Hello Writenonyourheart...

As a backup, just in case, print out your luggage tags and put them in one of those plastic holders.  If your luggage tags arrive, great, get rid of the backup, if not, you have luggage tags to use.

5 hours ago, OhioCraig said:

Are you by chance using Choice Air?  For some reason, that delays things.  I just called again for my 02/10 cruise and she had to talk to someone to get them released - I should be able to order them tomorrow.

10 hours ago, leisuretraveler223 said:

Yeah, that would be me. I HATE mail and resent having to deal with all this garbage being sent to my house.  I have very likely recycled other people's mail often.  I barely look at what's sent to me. If I'm not specifically expecting something, in the recyvle bin it goes!

Me too I hate paper but for some reason I love cruise luggage tags. 🛳🍸

We will be travelling before our luggage tags arrive, and am not sure we will have access to a printer before arriving at the pier. Will the luggage porters have generic tags available to put on our suitcases? Appreciate any information.

14 minutes ago, isnowman said:

We will be travelling before our luggage tags arrive, and am not sure we will have access to a printer before arriving at the pier. Will the luggage porters have generic tags available to put on our suitcases? Appreciate any information.

We use the luggage tags provided by the porters at the pier.  They will  take care of you.  No big deal.  May not be as colorful as the ones in the mail but they are just fine.