on a Happier note:

I've been reading a lot of threads with people complaining about all kinds of things. So I wanted to start a thread on  a Happier note. 

So here are my happy thoughts: God willing no we stay well and the weather allows us we are going on a short cruise ( or LONG weekend🤗) in Feb.

I bought a really sexy red gown for Valentines day dinner AND lost the 10 pounds I had to lose to get in it and look good. 

I found out I have an amazing co worker that sews so I didn't have to pay to have it hemmed 4 inches lol ( although I will get her a gift card for saving me a bundle on alterations).

If all goes well and I get through flu season at work unscathed ( I work in a special education school) and weather stays good we will be diamond level after the cruise💪.

We only cruise every couple of years now so this is a nice milestone for us. I put in a weak bid for Royal up so if we get that it will be a nice surprise (hubby doesn't know I did it) if we do not we still have a balcony on the hump which I like because of the view up and down the ship. My hubby had total knee replacement on Dec. 9th and is doing great so another happy thought since we booked this cruise a few months before knowing he was going to be needing and getting a new knee. I had carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgeries on Dec 27th and am now not in pain so another happy thing which means we won't be in pain on the cruise. I am looking forward to getting a message so we may just stay on the ship in Cozumel and take advantage of less crowds and a better message price. Looking forward to eating something other than salad and protein bars...AFTER ...I get pictures in my red gown🤣.

OK who else has some HAPPY thoughts ?? 

• Like 19

I love this post!  Toxic fairy i bet you'll look beautiful in your new dress - enjoy your cruise!  Last fall I decided to join a gym & focus more on myself.  Now I'm only 2 weeks away from celebrating my big 40 on the Liberty of the Seas &  feeling great!  I'm looking forward to escaping the cold MN weather and enjoying a relaxing cruise with my husband.

• Like 2

Nice post

We are just off celebrity equinox and have a Mariner ots planned in June with the grands.

We had a challenging year too.  I lost 22 lbs for health reasons (looking better was a bonus) — got to buy 2 new dressy dresses and a nice bathing suit.  Great sailing with some nice surprises from the cruise line.

Enjoy life, enjoy the weight loss boost, enjoy the sailing.

• Like 3

Great post, just over 3 weeks for us until we fly to Singapore for a few days and then a cruise on Quantum. Our first time on this class of ship and 3 stops in Vietnam which will be a new country for us so very exciting, also visiting Thailand and Hong Kong.

Even better, we've just been to pick up various currencies for our trip and we're millionaires, £130 got us over 3 million Vietnamese dong!

• Like 1
  • Haha 2

1 hour ago, kernow said:

Great post, just over 3 weeks for us until we fly to Singapore for a few days and then a cruise on Quantum. Our first time on this class of ship and 3 stops in Vietnam which will be a new country for us so very exciting, also visiting Thailand and Hong Kong.

Even better, we've just been to pick up various currencies for our trip and we're millionaires, £130 got us over 3 million Vietnamese dong!

love this. Enjoy your cruise.

• Like 1

Great posts! Love the positive vibes 🥰. I really hate when a nice thread turns bad because a couple of people choose to have a pi$$ing contest and take over the whole conversation arguing about an inane point. 

Also, coincidentally .....My hubby and I will also be turning diamond on our February cruise! 

• Like 3

Great thread!

My husband I are cruising March 2020 on Symphony with our daughter & son-in-law, this will be his first cruise and we are excited to see the look on his face when he boards this ship 🙂

• Like 3
  • Haha 1

Very refreshing post!  Thank you for starting it!

We sail in 6 days and we will be diamond status after this cruise.  We are visiting the southern Caribbean for the first time.  We have booked an exciting trip for next year to the Baltic’s.  We have healthy happy children and grandchildren and we are very blessed to be able to travel.  Life is good.

• Like 1

On  a happy note:  we just disembarked from Harmony of the Seas this morning after a wonderful week of cruising in the Caribbean!  Fabulous entertainment, good food, spacious stateroom, warm sunny weather  the entire cruise, it doesn't get any better than that.   People were complaining  about the motion of the ocean but hey, it's the ocean! I loved being rocked to sleep at night! Next cruise in November!

Edited by Diver2014
  • Like 2

😉  My happy story is our first transatlantic to Amsterdam in May....and we’ll be diamond after that...in the mean time my happy time is when I continue to research the ports...they are all new!!!

on a side note I’m really happy to see my Nephew get married in a few weeks and see my siblings...We do not close to each other...

hope you have a blessed week!!! And thanks for starting the thread!!

• Like 2

Happy to hear you lost the 10 pounds you wanted to lose.....I'll be happier if I lost the 11 pounds I gained on our last cruise(s).......currently on "Intermittent Fasting" until our next cruise. It's early but Happy Valentine's...thanks for your positive post and happy sailing! 😊

• Like 2

Love this Happy thread!  Despite setbacks in life, I do have lots to be thankful for - good health, five living generations (Gr'ma will be 103 soon!), a nice retirement check, meeting nice fellow cruisers and the very helpful info here on Cruise Critic!

We'll be taking our first "Grandparents-Grandkids" cruise on Oasis in June - their first 7N sailing on one of the world's largest ships.  They are ecstatic and so are we!

Hope 2020 will be an amazing year for each of you!

Donna

• Like 2

1 hour ago, preschool teacher said:

😉  My happy story is our first transatlantic to Amsterdam in May....and we’ll be diamond after that...in the mean time my happy time is when I continue to research the ports...they are all new!!!

on a side note I’m really happy to see my Nephew get married in a few weeks and see my siblings...We do not close to each other...

hope you have a blessed week!!! And thanks for starting the thread!!

Transatlantic is on my bucket list. So is an Alaskan cruise. Also love love love family get togethers. Have fun!

56 minutes ago, breezy_carol said:

I have a long wait but we have a cruise booked for February 2021 where we will turn Platinum.  Have to start somewhere.

But while we wait, we will welcome a new grandchild and have an Outer Banks vacation planned.

All happy things.

Oh I want grandbabies! But they aren't in my near future. Some day😍

14 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

I've been reading a lot of threads with people complaining about all kinds of things. So I wanted to start a thread on  a Happier note. 

So here are my happy thoughts: God willing no we stay well and the weather allows us we are going on a short cruise ( or LONG weekend🤗) in Feb.

I bought a really sexy red gown for Valentines day dinner AND lost the 10 pounds I had to lose to get in it and look good. 

I found out I have an amazing co worker that sews so I didn't have to pay to have it hemmed 4 inches lol ( although I will get her a gift card for saving me a bundle on alterations).

If all goes well and I get through flu season at work unscathed ( I work in a special education school) and weather stays good we will be diamond level after the cruise💪.

We only cruise every couple of years now so this is a nice milestone for us. I put in a weak bid for Royal up so if we get that it will be a nice surprise (hubby doesn't know I did it) if we do not we still have a balcony on the hump which I like because of the view up and down the ship. My hubby had total knee replacement on Dec. 9th and is doing great so another happy thought since we booked this cruise a few months before knowing he was going to be needing and getting a new knee. I had carpal tunnel and trigger finger surgeries on Dec 27th and am now not in pain so another happy thing which means we won't be in pain on the cruise. I am looking forward to getting a message so we may just stay on the ship in Cozumel and take advantage of less crowds and a better message price. Looking forward to eating something other than salad and protein bars...AFTER ...I get pictures in my red gown🤣.

OK who else has some HAPPY thoughts ?? 

I wish you good health and protection from those kiddie germs!

germ mask.jpg

• Thanks 1

11 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Transatlantic is on my bucket list. So is an Alaskan cruise. Also love love love family get togethers. Have fun!

We went to Alaska this past August with son and DIL.  It was great to see Alaska and even better to share with family.

11 hours ago, toxicfairy said:

Oh I want grandbabies! But they aren't in my near future. Some day😍

DD is having number 2.  Being "Mam-Mom" (she cant say Grandmom) is the best.

• Like 1

Love this!! Congrats on your weight loss and sexy red dress 😉 We hit the first of our financial goals for the year earlier this month, a whole two months earlier than we projected, so that was nice . We "only" have one cruise booked so far this year, but we are cruising in 33 days 🙂 After my brother's wedding in April we'll see about throwing in a 3-4 day cruise in September/October. 

• Like 1