Finding Cheapest Suites and Balconies

luisc25

Hi, booked a  two bedroom grand suite for 1,300/person ($185/Night) for a 7Nt cruise. great deal IMO, 

it took me like 20 mins of sorting and checking different itineraries to find this price. Found other itineraries with great prices but just want to make it easy.

Can i call royal and ask them to quote me the cheapest room on a 7 days in 2021?

My question is there is not a Website you can select the room that you want specifically and finding the cheapest price?

The Royal website doesn't let you sort good. what do you guys use? 

For example for flights i use Google Flights.

Edited by luisc25

25 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

Hi, booked a  two bedroom grand suite for 1,300/person ($185/Night) for a 7Nt cruise. great deal IMO, 

it took me like 20 mins of sorting and checking different itineraries to find this price. Found other itineraries with great prices but just want to make it easy.

Can i call royal and ask them to quote me the cheapest room on a 7 days in 2021?

My question is there is not a Website you can select the room that you want specifically and finding the cheapest price?

The Royal website doesn't let you sort good. what do you guys use? 

For example for flights i use Google Flights.

Even calling Royal directly they  have to look ship by ship and sailing date by sailing date to find the prices. 

There are some TA sites that you can sort by Super category and see the lowest price but that will only be for one category within the supercategory.  You would be able to find the cheapest JS but not anything above unless by chance it was cheaper than a JS. 

I have not seen a site that searches by room or subcategory. 

Edited by Ourusualbeach

1 minute ago, Ourusualbeach said:

Even calling Royal directly they  have to look ship by ship and sailing date by sailing date to find the prices. 

There are some TA sites that you can sort by Super category and see the lowest price but that will only be for one category within the supercategory.  You would be able to find the cheapest JS but not anything above unless by chance it was cheaper than a JS. 

That's not convenient; yes i was able to go to Travel sites and sort by Suites but most of the time was JS, and when you check 2 bedroom was like 12k. Crazy in my opinion. But $5k is a bargain. on average I spend 5,000 on two balconies.

2 minutes ago, luisc25 said:

That's not convenient; yes i was able to go to Travel sites and sort by Suites but most of the time was JS, and when you check 2 bedroom was like 12k. Crazy in my opinion. But $5k is a bargain. on average I spend 5,000 on two balconies.

I haven’t read of any cruise line that can filter the way you would like. 

• 3 years later...

If it's all about price, not the ship or date, a good TA can help.  We like to book onboard-but unfortunately have limited dates we can sail.  My biggest criteria, after the date, is the ship.  We do not like the older ships, limit now to Oasis class. Not fans of the Quantum class.    We have booked a suite on the Icon of the Seas but did it as soon as the bookings were made available.  We got a good price on a surfside family suite, we are two and hope that it isn't a very noisy area of the ship- but it might be!

Edited by Cruise a holic

14 hours ago, smokeybandit said:

Book as soon as that season's itineraries are released

Agree but then keep on checking price if price goes down you can get new price , got a good rate on harmony this November for 2400 each for grand suite, last year sister ship from same port was 500 more each. 

Once you find something you are interested in, put it on your watchlist on the RCCL web site (login required).  Click on the bell with the $ sign at the top right of the web page.  Then, you can go back to that/those cruises later to check the prices.

As you search, just add the ones that look good to you, so you can come back to them later without filling out all the search criteria again.

I keep a list of all my booked cruises, and what the "starting" price is for my booked cabin category.  They are all in my watchlist.  So, at a glance I can see if it's worth my time to check my price.

Edited by pcur
  • Like 2

7 hours ago, Biker19 said:

Cruiseplum is one way to start.

image.jpeg.77e55bfe5674cac1493ca65eccaa0aa2.jpeg

I just found this site doing a search on cruise critic, It is awesome, you can search by suite and then sort the results by price and lots of other criteria. It will be my new favorite search when booking a cruise. 

11 minutes ago, cruise1957 said:

It will be my new favorite search when booking a cruise. 

Just realize it does have some limitations, like the price is not live and it doesn’t include any discounts.  Once narrowed down, the search result should be confirmed on the RCI or some other TA site. 

• Thanks 1

16 hours ago, Saab4444 said:

Best time is to wait for next global pandemic outbreak like in 2020 and then book fast 😀

If there is another global pandemic in the near future, with the massive debt taken on by all the cruise lines, there will be no cruising to worry about.