The upgrade fairy struck when it was unwanted.

fluffybunny22

13 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

There is no option to display or change your upgrade preference that I can see...

You change it by asking whoever booked your cruise to set it to one of three choices.

1. None

2. Any

3. Only to next or higher category... sometimes called Meta Upgrade

26 minutes ago, jennybenny said:

It must be done when booking the cruise. 

Yes but you can do it anytime thereafter as well.  Example... you have Accept Upgrade to Next Catg turned on and you get a Balcony assignment from a OView that you like so you call Princess or TA and ask to change to No Upgrade.

2 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Yes but you can do it anytime thereafter as well.  Example... you have Accept Upgrade to Next Catg turned on and you get a Balcony assignment from a OView that you like so you call Princess or TA and ask to change to No Upgrade.

I was able to change my in laws cabin to no upgrade after all of this so that they don't end up further away than they already are.

• Like 1

34 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

There is no option to display or change your upgrade preference that I can see...

I didn't say there is. I'm just giving information on how to access someone else's booking without having their user name/password. The "I don't know if you can change anything on the booking" comment was generic.

Edited by mammajamma2013
Clarity
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, steelers36 said:

Right 

Agreed, I may have worded that poorly 

5 hours ago, fluffybunny22 said:

We have the 6/8 sailing of the Sky booked for ourselves and my in laws. I thought I had both cabins marked no upgrade. Apparently not. Today my in laws decided to check all of their stuff and noticed some airfare and cabin issues. They were 2 cabins away from us. Now they are 24 cabins away from us. I was able to monitor their booking until Princess recently requested everyone update their passwords and no one bothered to tell me their updated password. They were upgraded a month ago to this "better" cabin and there isn't anything we can do about it. My husband is super frustrated and I told him a month ago that I couldn't access his parents' booking. So everybody check and make sure you are marked no upgrade if you really like your cabin.

We are on the sailing before yours. My TA marked meta upgrade only after I picked specific midship OBS balcony. By chance, no emails from anyone, in Dec. I noticed in personalizer upgrade change to Deluxe Obs Balcony. Called and Ok with that once they gave me a different D OB Balcony. Noticed my original cabin gone. Then 3 weeks later available again. Don’t sail for 4mths so must be fiddling with inventory.

Guess I should mark new cabin No Upgrade and hope for best,

2 minutes ago, geoherb said:

I don't understand why Princess does not just upgrade the new people assigned to a cabin and move your in-laws back to their original cabin assignment. Seems like that would be a win-win for everyone.

Perhaps they marked it as No Upgrade?  Otherwise, yes, why not just swap them since Princess viewed the first move as an Upgrade?

Edited by steelers36

2 hours ago, mammajamma2013 said:

If you have a first name, last name, date of birth, and booking number, you can "manage" the booking without actually logging in. I don't know, however, if you can make any changes to the booking as I've never tried that. It would seem that you should be able to since that's part of management.

Go to the Princess website and choose "Log in to manage your booking" at the center top of the page where you have a choice of using a user name/password or the above option.

Yes...You are correct about. Easy with that message. No password required. 

Tom😎

• Like 1

On 1/19/2020 at 3:01 PM, phred119s said:

Sorry this happened! We are sailing with you guys. Our airfare has had changed about 1,000 times I feel like. I just checked and our cabin has not changed.  

we book our own airfare always. But Princess is aggressive with room changes. They moved us as an "upgrade"-I had marked "no upgrade" but they moved us anyway. I immediately called and said I would cancel our reservation if we were not in the original room. They "were able to move us back"....but the day before flying out they offered us another offer....change to an inside room and they would credit us the cruise to use onboard.  My husband was curious so I called but it went to Corporate office voice mail. Never heard back. 

Edited by oatbagg1

16 minutes ago, oatbagg1 said:

we book our own airfare always. But Princess is aggressive with room changes. They moved us as an "upgrade"-I had marked "no upgrade" but they moved us anyway. I immediately called and said I would cancel our reservation if we were not in the original room. They "were able to move us back"....but the day before flying out they offered us another offer....change to an inside room and they would credit us the cruise to use onboard.  My husband was curious so I called but it went to Corporate office voice mail. Never heard back. 

you got a 'move down offer' - if you had called back quick enough … you could have moved from whatever cabin you were in to an inside cabin and got REFUNDABLE OBC for whatever the cruise fare was you paid

• Like 3

On 1/19/2020 at 4:01 PM, phred119s said:

Sorry this happened! We are sailing with you guys. Our airfare has had changed about 1,000 times I feel like. I just checked and our cabin has not changed.  

Did you like the upgrade you just got?

2 hours ago, dog said:

Did you like the upgrade you just got?

I’m not sure I would’ve picked it, but in the context of our fam and this specific cruise it’s perfect.  It’s actually only a few cabins down from where we were in Dec (which we did pick, and location was fine). We were on Emerald midship in a deluxe obstructed balcony. Now we’re on Riviera forward in a deluxe balcony. 

• Like 3

I recieved an email from Princess that I was upgraded.  Reading the print it stated that I had 24 hours to revert the room if I didn't want the upgrade.  (we loved our upgrade)

But I'm curious, it almost sounds like folks are not getting that option to revert or time lapsed or perhaps not getting notified?

• Like 1

20 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

I recieved an email from Princess that I was upgraded.  Reading the print it stated that I had 24 hours to revert the room if I didn't want the upgrade.  (we loved our upgrade)

But I'm curious, it almost sounds like folks are not getting that option to revert or time lapsed or perhaps not getting notified?

We didn’t get notified. I just noticed it while looking up something else. I’m fine with ours so no big deal but our original cabin is still available. 

20 minutes ago, Jnsplace1 said:

In this situation no one notified us of the upgrade. It happened on 12/17 and was only discovered on Saturday. My FIL had been accessing his booking using the app. He might have noticed it sooner and didn't mention it. My husband talks to his parents several times a week so it probably would have come up if my FIL had noticed the change.

10 hours ago, phred119s said:

I’m not sure I would’ve picked it, but in the context of our fam and this specific cruise it’s perfect.  It’s actually only a few cabins down from where we were in Dec (which we did pick, and location was fine). We were on Emerald midship in a deluxe obstructed balcony. Now we’re on Riviera forward in a deluxe balcony. 

Glad you like it. The one time I accepted an upgrade. I went from aft corner balcony to obstructed mini suite. Not doing that again. 

On 1/19/2020 at 12:32 PM, fluffybunny22 said:

So everybody check and make sure you are marked no upgrade if you really like your cabin.

Even if you had "no upgrade" marked...Princess can and will change your cabin if they want it.

So, if you marked "no upgrade", don't assume that's the end of it. Monitor frequently.

• Like 3

2 minutes ago, JF - retired RRT said:

Even if you had "no upgrade" marked...Princess can and will change your cabin if they want it.

So, if you marked "no upgrade", don't assume that's the end of it. Monitor frequently.

Yep had a caribe deck balcony on the crown marked no upgrade! They upgraded me to a mini suite! Glad I was checking once a day got my cabin back! I booked Caribe deck for the balcony they can keep the bathtub in the mini suite!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

8 minutes ago, CruiseVA said:

Are those of you not getting notified using a TA?

I was never notified ,I would find out on my own ! I do it myself now! I found with most of these TA's they get your booking and they don't know you exsist! Out of thirty cruises I pulled one back from a TA! I have booked the last seven myself! I am happy for those that found good TA's! I tried!

Edited by Reader0108598
  • Like 1

10 minutes ago, Reader0108598 said:

I was never notified ,I would find out on my own ! I do it myself now! I found with most of these TA's they get your booking and they don't know you exsist! Out of thirty cruises I pulled one back from a TA! I have booked the last seven myself! I am happy for those that found good TA's! I tried!

Same here, the extra $50 OBC or free meal just is not worth it to me. The last TA I had completely messed up the cruised I booked, they lost about $1000 in OBC, wine & meals but saved me $50!  I got it canceled and re-booked for the same edal but, bye-bye.

Princess will email me if they are going to upgrade me, and, well, being an IT guy, I check my email multiple times a day.

Edited by CruiseVA
  • Like 1

Just now, CruiseVA said:

Same here, the extra $50 OBC or free meal just is not worth it to me. The last TA I had completely messed up the cruised I booked, they lost about $1000 in OBC, wine & meals but saved me $50!  I got it canceled and re-booked for the same edal but, bye-bye.

Princess will email me if they are going to upgrade me, and, well, being an IT guy, I check my email multiple times a day.

Yep I tried different TAs none gave a crap! I will handle my own bookings TY

• Like 1