Karaoke

wimelbracht

1 minute ago, sfaaa said:

You got it all wrong dwag. Who says you need singing talent when you can just rap like a homeboy or girl from the hood. Just pretend you are Snoop Dog or Cardi B  on stage. 

I met Snoop Dog at a party many years ago and realized that his rap persona is very different from the real person that he is.

21 minutes ago, DarrenM said:

I have no idea who they are. And rapping is what i do to the wifes Christmas present.

You should move with time and widen your horizon a bit. Some of the rapper songs are actually quite good, with clean lyrics and have a catchy tune to them. 

22 minutes ago, cruizergal70 said:

OP, you would avoid an entire cruise line because they have an activity you can easily avoid?

No. The OP would avoid a cruise because it doesn't give that option. While I don't go to karaoke often at all, I actually agree somewhat. If they can't even get enough demand for people to do it, it's probably not a cruise that you're going to have a lot of fun on, if that's your goal.

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, sfaaa said:

You should move with time and widen your horizon a bit. Some of the rapper songs are actually quite good, with clean lyrics and have a catchy tune to them. 

I dont class rap as music. My generalisation is that I hate it. 

I do love a good generalisation. if I had been at glastonbury when that rap artist headlined I would have been at the other stage or the john peel stage watching some up.and coming guitar band.

On 1/22/2020 at 5:30 PM, DarrenM said:

I dont class rap as music. My generalisation is that I hate it. 

Hi Darren. I didn’t particularly like rap either until I was in a choral group that performed a rap as a part of a song our choir was doing. And then the next year, I did it myself as a part of another piece we performed. Singing it is challenging, with a  tough and challenging rhythm. Yet the lyrics can be powerful and moving; not all of them, of course. I agree that rap can be hard to listen to, but when done well and be a powerful form of music.

Neal

• Like 1

On 1/22/2020 at 12:36 AM, DarrenM said:

Well you say that, but have not been in a bar that suddenly decided it was Karaoke night? So suddenly your nice quiet conversation filled alcohol fueled night was ruined by some cackling half drunk woman who thinks shes Whitney Huston? The real Whitney Huston would have been bad enough but come on.....................😵

I have never been at a bar that suddenly decided it was karaoke night, I have gone to a bar to learn on arrival it was karaoke night. Karaoke is not about talent (those who can actually sing and take it seriously weird me out), it’s about drunken silliness (I’d never do it but it’s fun to watch).

9 hours ago, ldubs said:

"? and the Mysterians".  My all time favorite one hit wonders.   I still listen to the song.  Might have to ask Mrs Ldubs to sing it at Karaoke night on our next cruise.  Haha

My favorite too.They also had one of the best band names.Right up there with Ultimate Spinach,Cat Mother and The All Night Newsboys,Elephants Memory and David Peel and the Lower East Side and Turnpike Joe and the Traffic Jam.

• Like 1

21 hours ago, ldubs said:

"? and the Mysterians".  My all time favorite one hit wonders.   I still listen to the song.  Might have to ask Mrs Ldubs to sing it at Karaoke night on our next cruise.  Haha

If you like Steppenwolf there is a great rendition of Born To Be Wild by Fried Rice and the White Guys On You Tube.I know the guitar player in the group.