Lots of non-refundable SBC from TA. If ship is full will line be long for shore excursions?

Petoonya

Since so much SBC want to pay for shore excursions on board. Will the line be long if I’m late to board like 2 hours before sail away? And if there are 4000 passengers onboard? Realize taking a big chance some excursions maybe sold out.

Anyone know where Shore excursions sold on Bliss?

Better yet - book using the touchscreens (another thread of yours indicates you're on the Bliss), you'll need one person from each stateroom.  The touchscreens are located on each deck, near both sets of elevators, two per elevator lobby on the stair side (your back will be to the stairs when using the touchscreens), one port, one starboard.  You can also book them using the in-room TV.

30 minutes ago, casofilia said:

Whatever ship you are on the queue at Shorex for the first couple of days is always really long.  If you want a better time (possible less waiting) try during the middle of peak dining time if they are open!!

17 minutes ago, hallux said:

Better yet - book using the touchscreens (another thread of yours indicates you're on the Bliss), you'll need one person from each stateroom.  The touchscreens are located on each deck, near both sets of elevators, two per elevator lobby on the stair side (your back will be to the stairs when using the touchscreens), one port, one starboard.  You can also book them using the in-room TV.

Many thanks to you both. If we can purchase shore excursions on the in-room TV why would you want to go to shorex desk or do the touchscreens? 

If you are wanting to use OBC for your excursions and you have the $50 shore excursion credit, you can call and reserve your excursions before your cruise.  They will be charged to your onboard account when you board and your tickets will be waiting in your room.  If you want to change anything, you can do so as long as you are within the cancellation period (normally 48 hrs prior to arrival in the port).

If you don't have the excursion credit, you can still book your excursions ahead of time, but you have to pay in advance, so you wouldn't be able to use your OBC.

No, see  as I said on my initial post I know I can purchase shore excursions in advance and not concerned about the $50 credit. It’s the $1000 credit we plan to share between 3 couples  that is concerning us. We wanted to know how to book onboard so we can use some of that credit. And thankfully I got the answers I needed.😀

19 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

No, see  as I said on my initial post I know I can purchase shore excursions in advance and not concerned about the $50 credit. It’s the $1000 credit we plan to share between 3 couples  that is concerning us. We wanted to know how to book onboard so we can use some of that credit. And thankfully I got the answers I needed.😀

I don't think you are understanding.  If you reserve ahead of time, your OBC can be used to pay for your excursions, since they are charged to your on-board account.  But only the people with the $50 credit have that option - everyone else has to pay in advance and therefore could not use OBC to pay for excursions booked prior to sailing.

6 minutes ago, julig22 said:

I don't think you are understanding.  If you reserve ahead of time, your OBC can be used to pay for your excursions, since they are charged to your on-board account.  But only the people with the $50 credit have that option - everyone else has to pay in advance and therefore could not use OBC to pay for excursions booked prior to sailing.

No I understand perfectly truly. I know I can’t use our non refundable $1000 SBC from TA in advance. And will have to pay if we book shore excursions in advance. And yes I know I can apply the $50 credit however.

Thanks much for watching out for me.

• Like 1

Just now, Petoonya said:

No I understand perfectly truly. I know I can’t use our non refundable $1000 SBC from TA in advance. And will have to pay if we book shore excursions in advance. And yes I know I can apply the $50 credit however.

No, you do NOT have to pay in advance if you have the $50 credit and you CALL to reserve your excursions.  The cost of the excursions is charged to your onboard account, the OBC from your TA is added to your onboard account and can offset your excursion costs at that time.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

I'll try to make this easier.

If you have the $50 per cabin per port shore excursion credit you have 3 options -

1. book the excursions online, pay in advance, get the $50 OBC after the excursion is taken.  NO TA-issued OBC used for the excursion
  2. Call the ShoreEx desk before the trip, RESERVE the excursion with no pre-payment needed, on-board account is charged for the excursions on embarkation day. TA-issued OBC is used to "pay" for the excursions, $50 perk is applied after the excursion is taken.
  3. Wait until embarkation day, wait in line to book the desired excursions and hope they're not sold out.  Excursions are charged to the on-board account, TA-issued OBC is used for the excursions, $50 perk credit is applied after the excursions.

Obviously, 1 is the least-desirable, while 2 is the preferred method to make use of the on-board credit from the TA and get the excursions you want.  3 can be done but you risk not getting the excursions you want.

If you don't have the perk ANY pre-booking of excursions requires payment at that time so you have to take your chances if you have OBC to use and want to use it for excursions, hoping that they'll be available when you board.

This is all laid out in a thread on this forum - 

Just now, Petoonya said:

You’ve confused people trying to help you because you haven’t been clear about whether you have the $50 shorex promo.   If you don’t, then the only way you can use your OBC to pay for your excursions is to wait until you board to book.  If you do have the promo, then call NCL before the cruise to reserve the excursions, but do not pay for them in advance. That way, you can book in advance and still use your OBC to pay for the excursions. 

And yes, the lines at the shorex desk on board can be long. 

Edited by Turtles06

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

Many thanks to you both. If we can purchase shore excursions on the in-room TV why would you want to go to shorex desk or do the touchscreens? 

if you purchase the shore excursion on the in room TV or the touch screens, you DO NOT need to go to the shore excursion desk. You can also book shore excursions using the Cruise Norwegian app too, you also DO NOT need to go the shore excursion desk when you use the app

When you purchase an excursion from the app, touchscreen, or TV your tickets will be delivered to the room either to the mailbox near your door or your steward will put them in the room

You only need to go to the shore excursion desk IF YOU need to talk to a real person to process your order

Edited by shof515

1 hour ago, Petoonya said:

No, see  as I said on my initial post I know I can purchase shore excursions in advance and not concerned about the $50 credit. It’s the $1000 credit we plan to share between 3 couples  that is concerning us. 

As has been explained, you can call the Miami Shore-Ex desk to book excursions and they will be charged to your onboard account if you have the $50 Shore Ex perk.

What may be confusing you is the sharing of your TA OBC.  To share OBC, you must go to Guest services onboard and fill out a “transfer” voucher.  Shore Ex can’t do this for you when you book on board.  So you would be standing in two long lines if you wait to book on board.

7 minutes ago, herdingdogmom said:

To share OBC, you must go to Guest services onboard and fill out a “transfer” voucher.  Shore Ex can’t do this for you when you book on board.  So you would be standing in two long lines if you wait to book on board.

As long as your payment method is by credit card, you should be able to make adjustments anytime prior to disembarkation, so no need to wait in a long line at guest services at the beginning of your cruise if you actually need to move credits.  But don't wait until the last day either!

Looks like the OP has her answer concerning on board booking of Shore Excursions.... ShoreEx Desk, app, TV, and kiosk.

She's made it crystal clear she completely understands everything else so why are people continuing to interpret, guess or assist anymore?  BTW, all great advice that has been dismissed. 

asking for a friend...

Edited by esm54687
  • Haha 1

1 hour ago, shof515 said:

if you purchase the shore excursion on the in room TV or the touch screens, you DO NOT need to go to the shore excursion desk. You can also book shore excursions using the Cruise Norwegian app too, you also DO NOT need to go the shore excursion desk when you use the app

When you purchase an excursion from the app, touchscreen, or TV your tickets will be delivered to the room either to the mailbox near your door or your steward will put them in the room

You only need to go to the shore excursion desk IF YOU need to talk to a real person to process your order

Thanks very much. What I needed to know.

24 minutes ago, esm54687 said:

Looks like the OP has her answer concerning on board booking of Shore Excursions.... ShoreEx Desk, app, TV, and kiosk.

She's made it crystal clear she completely understands everything else so why are people continuing to interpret, guess or assist anymore?  BTW, all great advice that has been dismissed. 

asking for a friend...

You have a friend here!
thanks for your assistance! 
I am appreciative of everyone’s replies. Have finished my education I think😍

1 hour ago, julig22 said:

As long as your payment method is by credit card, you should be able to make adjustments anytime prior to disembarkation, so no need to wait in a long line at guest services at the beginning of your cruise if you actually need to move credits.  But don't wait until the last day either!

Heh heh! Thanks so much

1 hour ago, herdingdogmom said:

As has been explained, you can call the Miami Shore-Ex desk to book excursions and they will be charged to your onboard account if you have the $50 Shore Ex perk.

What may be confusing you is the sharing of your TA OBC.  To share OBC, you must go to Guest services onboard and fill out a “transfer” voucher.  Shore Ex can’t do this for you when you book on board.  So you would be standing in two long lines if you wait to book on board.

Thanks for the info. Think we’ve got it figured out. We’ve decided that there’s enough things that we might spend the $1000 OBC like upgrading internet, water, and lots of things we haven’t even thought of yet! We can add more dinners too.

4 hours ago, julig22 said:

No, you do NOT have to pay in advance if you have the $50 credit and you CALL to reserve your excursions.  The cost of the excursions is charged to your onboard account, the OBC from your TA is added to your onboard account and can offset your excursion costs at that time.

Wow this is very useful info!!!! So if we call to make reservations and use the $50 per cabin credit we can use the TA credit to pay for NCL shore excursions when we get onboard ?? That’s awesome. Really wonderful if true. 

Is there a number that I can find online or maybe call general reservations and ask for someone in shore excursions? I sure hope that you’re right. Would solve our dilemma. Thanks so much!!

4 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Is there a number that I can find online or maybe call general reservations and ask for someone in shore excursions? I sure hope that you’re right. Would solve our dilemma. Thanks so much!!

From the T/C's:

$50 Per Port Shore Excursion Credit
$50 per port shore excursion credit is per stateroom.
Credit has no monetary value and is nonrefundable.
In the event a port of call or excursion is missed, for any reason, no refund or credit will be issued.
Shore excursion credit is applicable for each port, including debarkation port, and is not transferable to other ports. Use the credit or lose it.
Does not include embarkation ports. Overnight stays are counted as individual ports/days for shore excursion credit.
Shore excursion credit can be redeemed by calling 1-866-625-1167 or booking onboard.
For the guests that book their excursions online; they are charged full retail for the excursions and the discount will be applied onboard in the form of a credit to their onboard account.

3 minutes ago, Petoonya said:

Wow this is very useful info!!!! So if we call to make reservations and use the $50 per cabin credit we can use the TA credit to pay for NCL shore excursions when we get onboard ?? That’s awesome. Really wonderful if true. 

Well, I've done it this way on quite a few cruises.  You aren't "using" the $50 excursion credit to reserve your excursions - but you only have the option to reserve (vs actually book and pay) if you have this as one of your perks.

The number to call is 866-625-1167.  Give them the reservation #s and tell them which excursions you want.  You will get an email confirmation and your tickets will be waiting for you in your room when you board.

The cost of the excursions will be billed to your onboard account and if you are using a credit card, you don't have to do anything.  The $50 credit (per stateroom, 1 per port) will be credited to your account once you have taken the excursion.  Your OBC should already be on your account when your board.