When will a sale on drink/internet packages be?

It goes on sale when it goes on sale.

There is NO WAY to know when that will happen.

When it is at a price that is acceptable to you, book it.  If the price goes up, pat yourself on the back.  If the price goes down, cancel and rebook at the lower price, and then pat yourself on the back.

No one knows if and when there will be a sale. You can always book through your cruise planner

and if you see a price reduction, Cancel your original purchase of the package and re-book at the 

reduced price. Its all very simple. The trick is to monitor the prices on a regular basis.

10 hours ago, Sea Dog said:

I check every day as you never know when it will be reduced. Only takes a few seconds to check.

Thanks- that is what I typically do- but thought that somebody would know for example as a valentine's day sale- or something else.  Booked it and will hopefully get a better price.!

• Like 1

As SRF stated, when it is at a price you are comfortable with, purchase it. Keep monitoring the price. If/when you find a better price, purchase it at the new price AND THEN cancel your original order. There was a report on here once from someone who found a better price, they cancelled their first order but when they went to book at the new price, the new price was higher than the original price. The moral of the story is, buy at the lower price to confirm you have it before you cancel the original order.

3 hours ago, Cruise a holic said:

Thanks- that is what I typically do- but thought that somebody would know for example as a valentine's day sale- or something else.  Booked it and will hopefully get a better price.!

Black friday is typcially a sale on a lot of items. Does not mean the Drink package will be extra reduced. A lot (it seems) does depend on sales of the package during the lead up. 

I know it won't help now but the only time I saw a big sail for my last Allure sailing was on Black Friday. It was never cheaper than that date.  I had already booked the package, canceled and repurchased.  I was paying for seven people so it was significant!

1 hour ago, mickeyhereicome said:

Just to verify, you can reprice the internet packages?

Yes, like other Planner items. BTW, VOOM package prices do change, but the swing in prices is usually smaller than drink packages and happen perhaps a bit less often.

Just as an example, here are how some prices have moved around for us on our Harmony cruise coming up in April:

KEY - did NOT get.

$37.99 on 9-23-19

$29.99 on 10-1-19

$25.99 on 10-12-19

$27.99 on 11-27-19

$27.99 on 1-31-20

Soda & 1 device Internet

Price dropped from $23 - $22 - $21 between Sep and Oct 2019

$17 on 11-27 (final price we paid)

$22 on 1-31-20

Beach Mat on Coco Cay

$18 dropped on 9-23-19

Dropped to $11.99 on 11-27 (final price we paid)

$15.99 on 1-30-20

CocoCay Wave Jet - originally $104 for 1st person on 9-23-19.

Dropped to $82.99 in October

Dropped to $71.99 / $25.99 (2nd person) on 11-27-19. (final price we paid)

Golden Eagle Sailaway (St. Maarten)

$84.99 each on 9-23-19

$66.99 each on 11-27-19. (final price we paid)

As you can see, the Black Friday price tends to be the best.  

I also did price checks on our Ocean View balcony, but I never found it cheaper than when we booked it.  Note that Diamond discount applies.

Ocean View Balcony

Booked March, 2018:  $1,784.90 + $100 OBC

3-22-18:  $1,786.98 + $100 OBC

8-4-19:  $4,209

8-25-19: $3,871

1-30-20:  $3,443

I check the prices more frequently, but these are the only ones I had noted for this cruise.