Are you afraid of the coronavirus in your next cruise?

librarygal

36 minutes ago, iancal said:

No.  Nothing booked.  Nothing planned.  Not for quite a while.  Cruising is not the only game in town.

Agree. And even road trips are out for now. Don't want to carry 'it' somewhere else.

Back on topic “Afraid of the coronavirus on your next cruise”:  not really - because my next cruise will take place after I am reasonably confident of being immunized by the development of an effective vaccine; and, worst case, being treated if still infected by advances in medicine. 

Anyone who who plans a “next cruise” while there remains any substantial risk of a new round of COVID transmission needs to hear about social distancing.

18 minutes ago, navybankerteacher said:

Anyone who who plans a “next cruise” while there remains any substantial risk of a new round of COVID transmission needs to hear about social distancing.

Amen, brother.

21 hours ago, navybankerteacher said:

21 hours ago, clo said:

Amen, brother.

And yet I was "told off" on another thread where I expressed sadness for upcoming cruises/travel that won't be happening....and told I should keep busy planning for next cruise/travel....  :classic_blink:

At any rate I have started planning for a trip to Algeria in late 2021. At least it makes me feel happier.

• Like 1

6 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

And yet I was "told off" on another thread where I expressed sadness for upcoming cruises/travel that won't be happening....and told I should keep busy planning for next cruise/travel....  :classic_blink:

At any rate I have started planning for a trip to Algeria in late 2021. At least it makes me feel happier.

Of course -  planning should never stop.  But until there develops some real clarity it is best to not put too much money down.

• Like 1

My sister and I had a British Isles cruise booked for late June.  We decided to reschedule it for late September.  We decided today that until they can get this virus under control and have some way to better treat it that even September sounded risky, so we cancelled it.  My Princess Rep really tried to talk me into booking a cruise for next year but no way would I commit to that right now.  Hope everything gets better by next year as we always look forward to cruising. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, vjblk said:

My sister and I had a British Isles cruise booked for late June.  We decided to reschedule it for late September.  We decided today that until they can get this virus under control and have some way to better treat it that even September sounded risky, so we cancelled it.  My Princess Rep really tried to talk me into booking a cruise for next year but no way would I commit to that right now.  Hope everything gets better by next year as we always look forward to cruising. 

And I think you're quite wise. And, hey, that's the rep's job, right?

1 hour ago, joytocruise27 said:

I put down a deposit for a cruise in January 2023. I did have one booked for February 2022 but cancelled because I was afraid a vaccine still might not be ready.  

And there may never be a vaccine. Or one that is really 'good.' What's the rate for our influenza vaccine each year? The thought seems to be that this virus won't mutate tremendously. But who knows?

17 hours ago, joytocruise27 said:

I put down a deposit for a cruise in January 2023. I did have one booked for February 2022 but cancelled because I was afraid a vaccine still might not be ready.  

Can you share which lines already are offering 2023 cruises?

On 4/9/2020 at 3:10 AM, clo said:

And there may never be a vaccine. Or one that is really 'good.' What's the rate for our influenza vaccine each year? The thought seems to be that this virus won't mutate tremendously. But who knows?

Oh dear we're doomed.

I have no fear whatsoever. I wont cruise until its safe to do so but fear is pointless. I am more scared of burglars hiding in the closet.

• Like 2

4 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Oh dear we're doomed.

I have no fear whatsoever. I wont cruise until its safe to do so but fear is pointless. I am more scared of burglars hiding in the closet.

I'm not driven by fear. Just facts and advice from qualified professionals.

4 hours ago, DarrenM said:

Yes it's scary just now

I'm not "scared." At this really, really angry at people's behavior and a lot of government 'officials' giving out bad info.

45 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

I am not worried about Covid-19 on my next cruise.  I won’t be booking a cruise until covid-19 is no longer a concern. 

And hopefully that day will come in the next year or two.

Just now, lenquixote66 said:

Everyone should think the same way but alas they do not.

47 minutes ago, ed01106 said:

I am not worried about Covid-19 on my next cruise.  I won’t be booking a cruise until covid-19 is no longer a concern. 

I feel the same way and will not go until there is either a vaccine or a cure for Covid like Tamiflu. However I did reserve 2 cruises for 2021 using future cruise credits. Not sure if I what will happen to them if I cancel. 

Just now, Christine13020 said:

I feel the same way and will not go until there is either a vaccine or a cure for Covid like Tamiflu. However I did reserve 2 cruises for 2021 using future cruise credits. Not sure if I what will happen to them if I cancel. 

It could be that those of us who live in New York see this differently than people living in other parts of the country .

1 minute ago, lenquixote66 said:

It could be that those of us who live in New York see this differently than people living in other parts of the country .

I don’t live in New York.  And while I don’t won’t to turn this thread political, to the best I can tell the best indicator of how serious one takes this is not age, income, level of education, race, religion or geographic location but political leanings.  There are exceptions but as a general trend it seems to hold.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, ed01106 said:

I don’t live in New York.  And while I don’t won’t to turn this thread political, to the best I can tell the best indicator of how serious one takes this is not age, income, level of education, race, religion or geographic location but political leanings.  There are exceptions but as a general trend it seems to hold.  

That would not apply to the people living in Sweden.