New Prime C menu on Journey this cruise.

excitedofharpenden

Thanks for that Phil!  I had heard that a new menu was coming when we were on Journey over Christmas.  It looks good.  As long as they leave the Chateaubriand on, I’m happy.  Maybe they’ll have it on Pursuit in time for our next cruise.

1 hour ago, lisiamc said:

Thanks for that Phil!  I had heard that a new menu was coming when we were on Journey over Christmas.  It looks good.  As long as they leave the Chateaubriand on, I’m happy.  Maybe they’ll have it on Pursuit in time for our next cruise.

I had that this time twice and as always it was really good. Gone is that funny two coloured potato gratin (which I never ate) to be replaced by a round fondant potato. Much better. 

Phil 

• Like 2

17 hours ago, excitedofharpenden said:

I had that this time twice and as always it was really good. Gone is that funny two coloured potato gratin (which I never ate) to be replaced by a round fondant potato. Much better. 

Phil 

I never did like those; never looked appealing.  I’m glad to hear they’ve been replaced.

I really like the updated menu!  I’d heard about some of the changes on the previous cruise, and was told it will be rolled out fleet wide over the next “several months”.  Was not guaranteed that it would be on our October cruises on Quest.

Edited by laurieb
  • Like 1

44 minutes ago, Phxazzcruisers said:

That is awesome.  The new menu looks great !  We are on in June for a B2B2B and very excited about this new Menu.  DO you know if Aqualina made any changes also???  

Aqualina needs changes more than Prime C did.  It's not even close.  

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, hubofhockey said:

Aqualina needs changes more than Prime C did.  It's not even close.  

It is less than a year since changes to the Aqualina menu, some of which were not very well received.

In June 2019  I was given a questionnaire while on board Pursuit asking for my opinion on the menu, not sure if any changes have been made since.

Edited by Bloodaxe

We were on the journey in December and although we enjoyed both specialty restaurants we preferred Aqualina. You could still request the Dover sole with 24 hr. Notice which as usual was excellent. Like wine, food is very subjective. Included wines barely drinkable but food very good. Looking forward to the new Prime C menu on Quest in August.

9 hours ago, Jimmycruiser said:

We were on the journey in December and although we enjoyed both specialty restaurants we preferred Aqualina. You could still request the Dover sole with 24 hr. Notice which as usual was excellent. Like wine, food is very subjective. Included wines barely drinkable but food very good. Looking forward to the new Prime C menu on Quest in August.

We were on the Journey Christmas as well.  I requested the Dover Sole on one of our visits to Aqualina, and was very disappointed.  It was filleted in the kitchen, I was told, but it looked very uniform and rectangular, as though it was filleted before it was frozen.  The texture was rather mushy and overcooked as well.  I was told that they wouldn’t fillet it tableside, because “other diners would complain.”  About what, I don’t know.  It wasn’t a patch on the Dover Sole served on Quest in the summer, and filleted tableside with appropriate aplomb.

Edited by lisiamc
  • Like 2
  • Thanks 1