Wow Sale Question

Sersee

So with the Wow sale, you receive obc from Royal. I just wanted to confirm I could use this for the gratuities?  I buy the drink package, so will purchase it before I go.  If I don't prepay gratuities and don't spend anything else on the ship, gratuities would be charged to my account correct?  I believe they are $101 pp and change for the ship I am looking at. 

I have always prepaid gratuities so wanted to make sure this is how it works. Thank you!

Edited by Sersee

The short answer is yes, you can use this for the gratuities.

What happens with the OBC that you get from the WOW sale is that it will appear for use in your cruise planner after you book your cruise.  You can choose to use this OBC when you purchase the drink package before the cruise via the cruise planner.  It will deduct the $100 from your total price of the drink package.

If you do not select to use this OBC from the WOW sale when making any cruise planner purchases, it will be available as a credit towards your onboard account.

If you have not prepaid your gratuities with your cruisefare, each day the gratuities will reflect as a debit against your onboard account.  This will just reduce that $100 credit down day by day.

• We always use our On Board Credit towards gratuities. Just repriced 3 of our future cruises choosing the $300 On Board Credit and not using our Crown and Anchor discount. The net difference was a savings of $108 per cruise. 
  • Like 1

i am shocked, this is a legit sale. ive been 3 weeks now pricing an oasis trip in may crown loft suite. price went down about a week ago and stayed there. i check every day. same price today. 

plus now you get 300. i think its the first legit cruise sale ive ever seen. been monitoring celebrity and that room went up for their sale. had to wait until the sale was off to get a better deal 🙂

1 hour ago, luckyinpa said:

i think its the first legit cruise sale ive ever seen.

RCI has sales all the time - it's just that it is virtually never related  to their "sales" - it a sailing specific sale because they have too much inventory that's not moving. You had a price drop on your sailing, but not because of this "sale".

• Like 1

2 hours ago, STANMELB said:
  • We always use our On Board Credit towards gratuities. Just repriced 3 of our future cruises choosing the $300 On Board Credit and not using our Crown and Anchor discount. The net difference was a savings of $108 per cruise. 

So, once again, if you use a C&A balcony discount you lose to OBC? 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Biker19 said:

RCI has sales all the time - it's just that it is virtually never related  to their "sales" - it a sailing specific sale because they have too much inventory that's not moving. You had a price drop on your sailing, but not because of this "sale".

I've got 5 cruises I'm tracking prices on and each one is the lowest I have seen it since near booking.  Mine are all booked way out in advance so I get the best cabin selection as well as the best price.  All of mine are still higher than I paid but they are the lowest I have seen in a long time.  It almost feels like this is a legit sale.

Edited by Tree_skier

2 hours ago, luckyinpa said:

i am shocked, this is a legit sale. ive been 3 weeks now pricing an oasis trip in may crown loft suite. price went down about a week ago and stayed there. i check every day. same price today. 

plus now you get 300. i think its the first legit cruise sale ive ever seen. been monitoring celebrity and that room went up for their sale. had to wait until the sale was off to get a better deal 🙂

not so much.  Not one of my cruises went down!!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, WildBlueYonder64 said:

Just booked Liberty today for the April 5th sailing.  I booked directly with the cruise line, where would I see any OBC reflected? Thanks.

It will show up in your cruise planner.  It should also appear on the guest copy of your invoice. 

On 2/5/2020 at 3:50 PM, Ocean Boy said:

So, once again, if you use a C&A balcony discount you lose to OBC? 

Yes, just booked a cruise, and that was carefully explained.  Special rate (with on board credit) OR C&A balcony discount--but not both.

23 hours ago, STANMELB said:

Strange pricing. Lost $276 Crown and Anchor discount. Gained $300 On Board Credit. Net savings was $108 per cruise.

One thing I noticed is that they always take the dollar-off discounts before they calculate any percentage discounts. So if the cruise has a 30% discount and you lose a $276 Crown and Anchor discount your fare will then go down by 30% of $276. 

13 minutes ago, SG65CB said:

One thing I noticed is that they always take the dollar-off discounts before they calculate any percentage discounts. So if the cruise has a 30% discount and you lose a $276 Crown and Anchor discount your fare will then go down by 30% of $276. 

So you are saying that if they artificially jack up the price of a cruise so that they can then offer a percent discount and make it look like a sale that they will also take that same percentage off of the C&A discount?

1 minute ago, Ocean Boy said:

So you are saying that if they artificially jack up the price of a cruise so that they can then offer a percent discount that they will also take that percentage off of the C&A discount?

Yes. If the cruise is 30% off and you also have a $100 discount that discount will only be worth $70 because the 30% off is applied second.