Constellation Refit

Wine-O

Not sure when Constellation is due for it's refit, but I guess this April.  I noticed on the new  deck plans that they have added three Cat 6 OV's, 3146, 3148, and 3150, and placed them in the area of the men/women restrooms in front of 3112.   Are they adding three new OV staterooms on the refit?  I know they added or are adding 3115-3127 on the port side.  No restrooms on Deck 3?  🍷

Are these three new cabins (and placement of the bathrooms across from them) going to be done on all M-Class ships? I have friends going on the Infinity in 2020 and 3112 is currently available. They are concerned about noise from the bathrooms (if there are no new cabins next to 3112.

Thanks,

Monica

5 hours ago, Compass Rose Monica said:

Are these three new cabins (and placement of the bathrooms across from them) going to be done on all M-Class ships? I have friends going on the Infinity in 2020 and 3112 is currently available. They are concerned about noise from the bathrooms (if there are no new cabins next to 3112.

Thanks,

Monica

Grab 3112 as it's the best stateroom of the lot (3112-3144).  🍷

• Like 1

Another change that I think is happening is they are changing family verandas to Sunset Suites that is a category between Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite.  

Eliminating verandas and adding more to the suites.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

I just noticed that on the deck plan for the updated Connie they are showing an added 14 AQ cabins on Deck 10 forward.  They added 13 cabins on the Summit in the same space.  Initially  as AQ1s and with the first cruise they reclassified them as 2Cs due to being smaller than the other AQs and due to noise from the lounge below and fitness center.  
Blu was crowded before another 28 people with no added space isn’t encouraging.

Edited by jelayne
Typo
  • Like 1

9 hours ago, jelayne said:

Blu was crowded before another 28 people with no added space isn’t encouraging.

Three options are under consideration:

1) serve the entire meal in Bento Boxes which include both appetizer and dessert

2) eliminate the main course and announce it as the "Healthy Dining" with reduced caloric intake.

3) change to family style eating....long tables with all menu selections in bowls on the table....no need to order, just take what you want. All tables will seat 24 people. 

1 hour ago, hcat said:

They are determined to kill off BLU as something special!

Will Connie have a diff entrance to Tuscan. .. Heard we should expect that on Summit..

Well, Millennium did when they added those seven Cat 6 staterooms on the Port side.  The entrance is now located back by the aft elevators on Deck 3, or from midship, walk down the passageway (3112-3140) to gain access to the Tuscan.  🍷

1 hour ago, hcat said:

It will be difficult to get a premium price on the deck 9 aqua cabins without Blu.  I think they are focused on increased revenue and they'll let the ship figure out how to handle the additional load. 

Although we only booked aqua when it first was introduced, we now only book it if we can get one of the three middle cabins aft on deck 11 on M class ships, otherwise, we are very happy with C2's at C3 price.....and we never book aqua any more on S-class ships where we prefer 1A's.     

4 hours ago, hcat said:

Will Connie have a diff entrance to Tuscan. .. Heard we should expect that on Summit..

Connie has Tuscan up on deck 11 from what I remember

20 minutes ago, di T said:

Connie has Tuscan up on deck 11 from what I remember

It seems they do with Qsine on Deck 3.  All the others have Tuscan or a Murano style on Deck 3.  🍷

Edited by Wine-O

18 hours ago, miched said:

Another change that I think is happening is they are changing family verandas to Sunset Suites that is a category between Celebrity Suite and Royal Suite.  

Eliminating verandas and adding more to the suites.  

Happy cruising 🌊🚢🇺🇸🌅

What happens if I already booked an FV before revolution?
Will I be moved?  Not acceptable to us

On 2/19/2020 at 2:39 PM, Caymus88 said:

What happens if I already booked an FV before revolution?
Will I be moved?  Not acceptable to us

Depends when your cruise is.  Although we believe these cabins will be redone as part of the revolution - it appears they are not being sold as suites until sometime in 2021.  And even then it is not necessarily clear what will happen with existing reservations.

We have a corner FV booked for our July cruise - and even today they are still available for booking as a FV.

You can follow this thread for more information

https://boards.cruisecritic.com/topic/2714878-sunset-suite-on-constellation/?tab=comments#comment-59251371