Refunds from Oceania

stageberglaw

Just now, azdrydock said:

Same here.... TA had no info earlier today

The amounts have been determined and are in Oceania's records as well as having been submitted to the credit card companies. "Posting" to your credit card may take X days/weeks depending on your credit card company..

IRR on page 1 is correct. 

Everyone should get a 100% refund not merely a credit:

As the cruise we that we originally agreed to is a fundamentally different offering with a very high likelihood of quarantine, illness, port changes, distress on the ship, extreme difficulty getting to the ship, denial of entry if you merely have a temperature in the midst of an international health emergency. 

Oceania at this stage is not even offering a credit but pressing people to cancel and pay a Financial Penalty.  These financial penalty clauses are probably void under consumer protection laws. 

22 minutes ago, Consumer Law said:

IRR on page 1 is correct. 

Everyone should get a 100% refund not merely a credit:

As the cruise we that we originally agreed to is a fundamentally different offering with a very high likelihood of quarantine, illness, port changes, distress on the ship, extreme difficulty getting to the ship, denial of entry if you merely have a temperature in the midst of an international health emergency. 

Oceania at this stage is not even offering a credit but pressing people to cancel and pay a Financial Penalty.  These financial penalty clauses are probably void under consumer protection laws. 

Read the policy statements:

Cruises cancelled by O are getting 100% refunds + 25% future cruise credits. 

For our recently completed 30 day Nautica cruise, which had several stops after Sri Lanka changed, we received a 50% refund + a 25% FCC and air change fees up to $300/person for DIYers. For our upcoming Eastern Asia Insignia two segments, we're getting 100% refund + a 25% FCC air change fees up to $300/person for DIYers.

If the situation truly warrants it, I expect that O will do the right thing for other cruises now challenged by Covid-19 threats.

Sorry but, just like insurance policies, "fear" that you will be affected is not an allowable claim.

Remember that your cruise T&Cs clearly state that your itineraries can be changed at O's discretion.

As for IRR: have you noticed that all of his rants about people's health have disappeared once Oceania's 100% refund policy got him what he wanted?

Edited by Flatbush Flyer
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

The FCC on last months cancellations had to be used on a cruise(s) that sailed this calendar year.I don't see what the restrictions are with the "assurance program". For the FCC to be of value, you have to find a cruise with a destination and cabin you want when you are available.  As the virus and associated cancellations spread the available cruises decrease.  With the new program the cancellations will probably peak close to departure thus increasing FCC's and not increasing availability.  We will soon start to have a situation where the guest has to settle on a cruise he really doesn't want and the cruise line getting full price for a cabin they would normally heavily discount. The cruise line is holding the cash and like gift cards, a percentage  of the FCC's will never be used.  I believe insurance is excluded from the FCC calculation so the insurer is getting a full premium on a policy that has no chance of a payout. Not a great way to build customer loyalty.,

I don't believe refunds for cancel for any reason is good,  but here should be a better way to handle this.

We have  the 25% FCC and refund from a cancelled cruise and that will be applied to a cruise we booked that is not yet paid for. The remainder will be used on a cruise booked on another line in January.

VP Pense is meeting with the cruise lines as I write.... do you think they are best discussing how to financially protect us or the cruise industry?

The issue of the O credit not appearing on my bank credit card for X days to weeks is BS.  Credits are normally posted  to a US bank card less then 24 hours after are received. I don't doubt that it was approved  but if it was issued I would have it  Not a big deal.... yet

4 hours ago, azdrydock said:

The issue of the O credit not appearing on my bank credit card for X days to weeks is BS.  Credits are normally posted  to a US bank card less then 24 hours after are received. I don't doubt that it was approved  but if it was issued I would have it  Not a big deal.... yet

That not 100% true. It depends on your CC bank.  My last Oceania refund  for 10% on Chase had an issue date 13 Feb and posted on the 15th.  My United refunds to the same account took two days from when UA posted them until they appeared on my account as a pending item.

9 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

That not 100% true. It depends on your CC bank.  My last Oceania refund  for 10% on Chase had an issue date 13 Feb and posted on the 15th.  My United refunds to the same account took two days from when UA posted them until they appeared on my account as a pending item.

Same bank and CC card. I hope my refund is as prompt as yours but my point is saying that  my bank  (Chase) may take x days to weeks to post is BS.  The transactions are electronic and unless it is being flagged  it  is posted as a pending transaction in seconds.  Less than 2  days from  start to finish is acceptable.

Ok, 

now our luck, we have recently booked a September cruise on Riviera using our 25% FCC for our cancelled Asia cruise.(a few days days Corona seemed to hit Italy) Oceania is changing many of the Med cruises and leaving from other ports, excluding Italy. The present changes do  not appeal to us so we will obviously have to see how this evolves as September is a long way away however we might want to invoke Oceania’s  new policy and cancel.

Soo, what will our new FCC amount be, will it be for the total cruise amount or for the cruise invoice minus the 25%? If the latter then Oceania wins as they don’t have to honor our FCC and we are committed to a new cruise without the consolation money.

Edited by cruiseaholic78

1 hour ago, cruiseaholic78 said:

Ok, 

now our luck, we have recently booked a September cruise on Riviera using our 25% FCC for our cancelled Asia cruise.(a few days days Corona seemed to hit Italy) Oceania is changing many of the Med cruises and leaving from other ports, excluding Italy. The present changes do  not appeal to us so we will obviously have to see how this evolves as September is a long way away however we might want to invoke Oceania’s  new policy and cancel.

Soo, what will our new FCC amount be, will it be for the total cruise amount or for the cruise invoice minus the 25%? If the latter then Oceania wins as they don’t have to honor our FCC and we are committed to a new cruise without the consolation money.

If the 25% FCC is returned to your O Club profile because either you or Oceania cancel the September cruise (that is the big question!!!), that FCC would still be subject to the "use by [date] for travel before [date]."

I know that "use by" date cannot be altered because it was a big topic of conversation on Nautica over the past couple of weeks. Our 25% FCC from that cruise needs to be used for a cruise leaving before 12/31/20. But, the O Club Ambassador cautioned/reminded folks doing bookings onboard to NEVER apply any FCC until Final Payment is due. In fact, I was waiting to speak with her when she explained to someone that "No, you can't book a 2020 cruise with an FCC and then cancel/rebook (before penalty dates start) getting a full refund that would include the FCC that then would not be subject to the same original 'use by' date."

But, that doesn't answer your initial question regarding "is the FCC reusable.?". So, please check with your knowledgeable TA and/or Oceania customer services department (preferably a supervisor).

Whatever the answer, please report back here.

Thanks.

Edited by Flatbush Flyer

TRAVELERS ASSURANCE PROGRAM 
We are introducing a new Travelers Assurance Program. Guests and travel advisors can now have total peace of mind knowing that should they need to cancel, for any reason, they will not lose a dollar. Guests may cancel up to 48 hours prior to cruise departure and will receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid. 

NO PENALTY CANCELLATIONS: APPLICABILITY AND CONDITIONS 

• Cancel for any reason up to 48 hours prior to departure and receive a Future Cruise Credit equal to 100% of the cruise fare paid.
  • Valid for all existing reservations for voyages departing from March 10, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
  • Valid for all new reservations through April 30th for voyages departing from March 10, 2020 through September 30, 2020.
  • Future Cruise Credit must be redeemed within one year of issue and travel must commence by December 31, 2022.

Reading above which I think has come into effect after your Nautica cruise I will be allowed to cancel my booking and get a FCC for the cruise fare which I will have to redeem within one year of issue.

My TA called me this morning to tell me that the 25% FCC has been given and the refunds for the cruise was sent to all credit cards on Friday evening.   He cannot move it until Monday to my cruise since persons are off today being Sunday.

Exact amounts and basis he will find on on Monday.   Enjoy your Sunday.

23 minutes ago, PaulMCO said:

My TA called me this morning to tell me that the 25% FCC has been given and the refunds for the cruise was sent to all credit cards on Friday evening.   He cannot move it until Monday to my cruise since persons are off today being Sunday.

Exact amounts and basis he will find on on Monday.   Enjoy your Sunday.

See my post #112 above regarding when to apply the FCC.

35 minutes ago, Flatbush Flyer said:

See my post #112 above regarding when to apply the FCC.

Understand the process with Oceania as I have been through it before with the Insignia fire.  Once you use it it cannot be reapplied.  Only issue is the short fuse to use it here.  Since I work and my schedule is booked the remaining year, I only have one shot hence my using it immediately.

Just received my down payment and shore excursions back from O on my Amex card.  As noted everything is back to your original method of payment.   Chase is slower than most...

I just had my TA call about our Med. cruise in April. My costs so far are cruise fare, business class air (thru Oceania), excursions (thru Oceania), and pre and post hotels (thru Oceania).

We are ready to cancel and re-book same exact cruise in June 2021.

The first Oceania agent told us on the cruise fare was eligible for Future Cruise Credit(FCC) , but I would lose my business air, excursions and pre/post hotels.

My agent then asked to talk to his supervisor. He told us something different. He said we would only lose the pre and post hotel cost, not air or excursions. We then asked about the cost of the air deviation fee. After holding,  he returned and stated he did no

know and now was not sure about credit for  business air booked w/Oceania. He said call back on Monday and he will have better answer!!

If you look at Oceania statement, they only mention FCC for cruise fare, no other costs.  The cost of my business air, is nearly the cost of my cruise fare! To lose this will be unbelievable, while other cruise lines are refunding, or giving future air credit air also.

I am not trying to get any refund and am ready to book another trip in June 2021.

Has anyone got both cruise fare and air covered by Oceania?

Just wondering if your business class air reservations were already ticketed?  If so, then you might have to go thru the airline instead of Oceania in order to re-book the reservations with the airfare credit.  We had business class air that we booked ourselves thru United and we have until end of October 2020 (as we ticketed reservations on 10/31/2019) to re-book and use the airfare credit - no change fees incurred as all have been waived by airlines.  We have a land trip planned to Normandy in September, 2020 so we will be able to re-book the air and use our airfare credit.  Let us know how it works out once you hear back from your agent.  Good luck.  

Our refunds from the WC -- segments 8,9 Singapore to SFO has posted to our Chase credit card.  FCC is also in the account too and used.  Essentially a Free cruise.  As noted previously our shore excursions were also returned on AMEX,

Oceania stepped up as well with 100% refund of cruise fare, air (booked through them), transfers, excursions and post cruise hotel. They posted the credit back to my credit card - we are still missing ~$435 though and have an inquiry into them. Also threw in a 25% FCC for any cruise leaving in 2020.

Just now, Desert_Boomer said:

Oceania stepped up as well with 100% refund of cruise fare, air (booked through them), transfers, excursions and post cruise hotel. They posted the credit back to my credit card - we are still missing ~$435 though and have an inquiry into them. Also threw in a 25% FCC for any cruise leaving in 2020.

when was your cruise....this is for future cruises....Oceania has only did that for the cruises that were canceled

Has anyone that would have been on the 4 March cruise from Singapore to Hong Kong (then changed to Singapore) had their refunds from Oceania for the cruise?

Our Travel Agent was told it would be about another 8 weeks before we would be refunded as told to her by the Oceania Rep a couple of days ago.  Our refund would have to be paid to the travel agency first.

We are in New Zealand.