Coronavirus

31 minutes ago, howmuch! said:

We are flying Sunday morning to join Dream, then a week in hotel. Yes we are going and hoping for the best!

If I get the chance to post anything during our holiday, I'll try my best. If I do not post on here again, you'll know the reason - it got me!

Joking aside, I'm hoping we are 'ahead of the curve', as I acknowledge things are getting steadily worse. Last time I looked, Portugal and Morocco were clear (a couple of days ago)

Mike

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Portugal has 9 cases.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

2 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

Sorry to be the bearer of bad news but Portugal has 9 cases.

Source https://www.worldometers.info/coronavirus/

The Far East has hundreds of cases but it hasn’t stopped cruises going ahead. Marcella is still sending ships with no current issues. 
I refuse to bow down to the scaremongers. I am going to enjoy my holiday in 7 weeks by hook or by crook! 

13 minutes ago, Alijaysau said:

The Far East has hundreds of cases but it hasn’t stopped cruises going ahead. Marcella is still sending ships with no current issues. 
I refuse to bow down to the scaremongers. I am going to enjoy my holiday in 7 weeks by hook or by crook! 

And so you should enjoy your cruise.

There is a difference between scaremongering and giving the correct facts.

Are you sure Marella is still cruising in the Far East? There are none listed on their website when I checked.

Edited by MX-Drew

An awful lot of scaremongering going on! Go and enjoy your holiday. We are off to France next week and are looking forward to our Marella cruise in May. Considering many who get this virus will have no symptoms at all, or minor ones at most, it's really not worth fretting over! We just have to hope Marella don't cancel the cruises......

2 minutes ago, helengp said:

An awful lot of scaremongering going on! Go and enjoy your holiday. We are off to France next week and are looking forward to our Marella cruise in May. Considering many who get this virus will have no symptoms at all, or minor ones at most, it's really not worth fretting over! We just have to hope Marella don't cancel the cruises......

16 minutes ago, MX-Drew said:

And so you should enjoy your cruise.

There is a difference between scaremongering and giving the correct facts.

Are you sure Marella is still cruising in the Far East? There are none listed on their website when I checked.

I spoke to TUI today and was told that the cruises in the Far East at the moment were going ahead. 
I was surprised be honest, but reassured that hopefully my Greek Island cruise would go ahead. 

1 minute ago, Alijaysau said:

I spoke to TUI today and was told that the cruises in the Far East at the moment were going ahead. 
I was surprised be honest, but reassured that hopefully my Greek Island cruise would go ahead. 

The Greek Island Cruises are still on but not the Far East.

17 minutes ago, helengp said:

Quite a lot of worrying going on too.  My wife has high blood pressure and diabetes, so she is a high risk if she gets it.  Playing it down is just as bad as building it up too far, people need to take precautions to help to stop it spreading. 

It's ten weeks till we go on our cruise, I'm hoping the worst of it is over by then but if not we have a big decision to make that may cost us £3k.

• Like 1

MX-Drew. -   Marella Discovery has been in the Far East since Nov/Dec 2019 and doesn't return to the Med until the end of April 2020 Check your facts before twice saying Marella are not cruising in the Far East There are no problems on board so far and she has only cancelled Cambodia due to Malaysia not allowing ships to dock there if they have visited Cambodia 

Hasn't the BBC just announced that the whole of Italy is included now so if you've visited you will need to self isolate on return

So I take that to mean Venice will be off the itinerary along with Messina for our cruise April

What TUI are to do about the home port of Naples I'm sure we'll hear when they've been able to make other arrangements Valletta might be a good idea

This from the Marella sit today

For customers travelling to Marella Discovery
Denied boarding for those passengers who have travelled to Italy, China, South Korea and Iran in the previous 30 days.

For customers travelling to Marella Explorer, Marella Explorer 2, Marella Celebration, Marella Dream, Marella Discovery 2
Denied boarding for those passengers who have travelled to Italy, China, South Korea, Singapore, Japan and Iran in the previous 30 days.

Please speak to your travel insurance company if you are unable to travel.

not sure what this means

4 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

MX-Drew. -   Marella Discovery has been in the Far East since Nov/Dec 2019 and doesn't return to the Med until the end of April 2020 Check your facts before twice saying Marella are not cruising in the Far East There are no problems on board so far and she has only cancelled Cambodia due to Malaysia not allowing ships to dock there if they have visited Cambodia 

I stand corrected but that said I did check my facts twice and as I said Marella are showing no cruise in the Far East on their website.

Vital signs.....I think you only need to self isolate on return from anywhere in Italy if you have symptoms. It is still only returning from the lockdown areas that require automatic self  isolation, symptoms or not. Our cruise goes from Naples which so far is still ok to travel to/from. As is Venice. Whether that will still be the case in May....who knows. But by then I expect the spread in the U.K. to be as bad if not worse than Italy, so I expect advice will have changed again.

Taken from the BBC News website (06/03/2020).

The number of people self-isolating is likely to rise further after the government said people who developed symptoms after returning from anywhere in Italy - not just the north of the country - should stay at home.

For those returning from the quarantined towns in Italy, people should self-isolate even if they did not show symptoms.

MX-Drew. - Not sure where you're looking but advertised on TUI website today  as follows:-

12th March.      Langkawi to Langkawi. 14 days From £1233pp

13th March.      Langkawi to Langkawi.  14 days from £1278pp

19th March.      Laem Chabang to Cochin 14 days from £1152pp

20th March.      Laem Chabang to Cochin 14 days from £1260pp

26th March.      Langkawi to Dubai  14 days from £1071pp

27th March.      Langkawi to Dubai. 14 days from £1116pp

Some very good deals for those brave enough

9 hours ago, MX-Drew said:

I stand corrected but that said I did check my facts twice and as I said Marella are showing no cruise in the Far East on their website.

They are still there if you use the last minute search option and filter on Discovery.

https://www.tui.co.uk/cruise/deals/last-minute-cruises

I think they don't include them in the far east search as it points out early booking will empty your wallet

(current cruises are under £1,500pp, next years start at 1800 and most are over £2kpp

15 hours ago, helengp said:

And those of us who have underlying conditions, Is that scaremongering and not worth fretting over, or don't we matter  "Considering many who get this virus will have no symptoms at all"

What I've seen so far out and about is people coughing and sneezing without a care or covering their mouth, probably won't be much different on the ship.

Not worth fretting over? lucky you.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, dwhe said:

And those of us who have underlying conditions, Is that scaremongering and not worth fretting over, or don't we matter  "Considering many who get this virus will have no symptoms at all"

What I've seen so far out and about is people coughing and sneezing without a care or covering their mouth, probably won't be much different on the ship.

Not worth fretting over? lucky you.

Well I have multiple underlying conditions, but I'm certainly not fretting over it. In fact I'm more likely to die worrying about the virus than actually catching it.

• Haha 1

21 minutes ago, Trevor Fountain said:

Well I have multiple underlying conditions, but I'm certainly not fretting over it. In fact I'm more likely to die worrying about the virus than actually catching it.

That's so true. Whilst I understand why "high risk" people are worried, the simple truth is that people are far more likely to be involved in an accident on the way to the port or airport than die of Covid 19. That said, concerns about spending their holidays quarantined in a cabin or not being allowed back on board are quite valid.

3 hours ago, Vitalsign said:

MX-Drew. - Not sure where you're looking but advertised on TUI website today  as follows:-

12th March.      Langkawi to Langkawi. 14 days From £1233pp

13th March.      Langkawi to Langkawi.  14 days from £1278pp

19th March.      Laem Chabang to Cochin 14 days from £1152pp

20th March.      Laem Chabang to Cochin 14 days from £1260pp

26th March.      Langkawi to Dubai  14 days from £1071pp

27th March.      Langkawi to Dubai. 14 days from £1116pp

Some very good deals for those brave enough

Well as I said, I stand corrected.

QUESTION we are looking to extend our final payment date, from our TA the date given is 90 days prior to travel, Ts & Cs says lose of deposit 70 days or longer. I read that as if we cancel between 90&70 days we should only forfeit our deposit has anyone ever experienced this.