Who can drink the drink package wine bottles?

foggyphils

Thanks everyone. This works out well. We put the men in a cabin so they can get the drink package and ladies in a different one so we won’t have to. We’ll sleep where we want.
My Sister in law and I won’t drink but a couple glasses of wine with dinner so this will work out great. 

19 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

Thanks everyone. This works out well. We put the men in a cabin so they can get the drink package and ladies in a different one so we won’t have to. We’ll sleep where we want.
My Sister in law and I won’t drink but a couple glasses of wine with dinner so this will work out great. 

You can bring 4 bottles (2 per cabin) onboard too. And your wine is probably less expensive than the cruise line wine. 

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, Coralc said:

You can bring 4 bottles (2 per cabin) onboard too. And your wine is probably less expensive than the cruise line wine. 

We’ll definitely do that. Probably bring a glass with us to dinner and then drink a glass from the purchased bottle. That’s our plan right now. But someone told me you're only suppose to drink that wine in the cabin? Not sure if that’s a rule or not though. 

48 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

We’ll definitely do that. Probably bring a glass with us to dinner and then drink a glass from the purchased bottle. That’s our plan right now. But someone told me you're only suppose to drink that wine in the cabin? Not sure if that’s a rule or not though. 

No you can drink it anywhere (by the pool I’d ask for a plastic cup).  You can ask your cabin steward for glasses and a corkscrew. 

Now if you bring it to dinner the waiter is supposed to charge a corkage fee but from our experience and reading other threads they usually do not.    

We’ve also brought a bottle to dinner not finished it and they’ll hold it for the next day as well.  

Edited by Sail n Snow

9 hours ago, Sail n Snow said:

Now if you bring it to dinner the waiter is supposed to charge a corkage fee but from our experience and reading other threads they usually do not.    

So are they suppose to charge you corkage fee if you just bring a glass?

My thoughts were that we would just pour a glass each night and leave the bottle in our room. 

3 hours ago, not-enough-cruising said:

Thanks, didn’t realize it was tiered;  just remember the 20% on Oasis last week, guess I need to pay closer attention to what I order 

No worries. This is for Liberty of the Seas, so not sure if it’s specific to the ship. I wouldn’t be surprised if there is a whole nother group of guidelines for oasis class ships! 😉

25 minutes ago, foggyphils said:

So are they suppose to charge you corkage fee if you just bring a glass?

My thoughts were that we would just pour a glass each night and leave the bottle in our room. 

No, no corkage if you walk in with a glass.

No corkage from my experience if you walk in with a bottle either!  

• Haha 1

Corkage is for bottles brought to the dining room and if you don't finish it they will store it for the next night.  I usually have to twist the waiter's arm to charge a corkage fee even when I bring in Dom Perignon. 

You may also find that it is cheaper to take the bottles you brought onboard to the dining room than buying onboard with the discount.  Corkage fee is $15.  With two cabins you can bring 4 bottles onboard. 

Examples: 

Beringer White Zinfandel is around $6 in Publix in Florida.  Add $15 and that is $21. 

Onboard price is $33 less 40% discount plus 18% gratuity is $23.36. 

Dom Perignon is $156 Total Wine plus $15 is $171. 

Onboard price is $235 less 20% plus $18% is $223.

You might want to look up a recent onboard price list for wine to check this.

Trust me, there is no corkage fee. I've been told from many staff and reps that it's not being enforced on all ships.

i have brought bottles on since they have allowed it. I bring my bottles to all and any venue and there is no corkage.

Do what you need to do but the worst that can happen is when you bring it, they will mention a fee, then take back your bottle to your room and pour yourself a glass.

I like going to Giovanni's or whatever Italian restaurant and grabbing one of those monster glasses and keeping it for the entire cruise. (also works well for my Diamond drinks!)

We had the UDP and that has the same deal for purchasing bottles of wine. It feels like a 20% discount because you save 40% but then they charge the 18% service fee. As easy calculating when looking at the menu for what the final price will be is to figure on 20% off the listed price.

11 minutes ago, Anita Latte said:

We had the UDP and that has the same deal for purchasing bottles of wine. It feels like a 20% discount because you save 40% but then they charge the 18% service fee. As easy calculating when looking at the menu for what the final price will be is to figure on 20% off the listed price.

smaller discount on the expensive bottles