CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

3 minutes ago, coevan said:

you guys got to be kidding, are you all in denial? What makes you think a company that is not operating or generating revenue is a good investment?

No denial - No investment unless its in medical face masks is a sure bet right now. I wouldn't bet the farm on Carnival or the others at this point, but to buy a hundred or a couple of hunfred shares at this price point is probably smarter than booking a non-refundable rate or paying your balance for a cruise. 

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, coevan said:

whose business? I'm retired

You have always spoken in the present tense, e.g. "we grill our burgers so they're always hot and juicy " and " I open with two gals on shift" etc. If you no longer operate a lunch counter you should have said so. I valued your opinions. 

• Like 1

3 minutes ago, AHS123 said:

You have always spoken in the present tense, e.g. "we grill our burgers so they're always hot and juicy " and " I open with two gals on shift" etc. If you no longer operate a lunch counter you should have said so. I valued your opinions. 

The restaurant has been for sale for over a year. we closed the deal February 1, thank god. I did not think I need to make a public announcement. Colorado just ordered patio dining, carry out, and delivery only. I really feel bad for the new owners. It was posted on FB. 

Edited by coevan
added content
  • Like 1

My husband and I are already shareholders and bought a few years ago when it was around $50. Our 13 year old son, however, insisted we take almost all of his savings from birthday and Christmas money to buy shares for him today. He is also platinum and we all strongly believe in Carnival 🙂

• Like 1

9 hours ago, coevan said:

you guys got to be kidding, are you all in denial? What makes you think a company that is not operating or generating revenue is a good investment?

you are spot on with this. Told my better half she should get out after yesterdays 3000 point loss. Told her stock market isn't going to go up for awhile with all these places closed up.

As Warren Buffet says; be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy. The market will bounce back, and fast once the corona virus is contained.

Edited by cksv
  • Like 1

12 minutes ago, lottiegreen56 said:

We broke 10, can we break 5? Where's the bottom?

‘bankruptcy.  I don’t anticipate it if we are limited to 30 days and get federal help. Extended beyond 30 days and not federal help and BK with a restructure is a real possibility.  No they won’t go away but our stock will be worthless. All of these ships they’ve ordered the last few years have left them, and the other two as well, leveredged to the hilt. 

I just bought at $9.40 though I see it still keeps dropping.  I figure as long as it does not go BK and they keep the on board credit, it will be more than fine.  I kicked myself years ago for not buying when it was around $30 and the price went into the $50s and even higher, but I wound up getting it for even cheaper now, even not having gotten the credit for the past cruises.

10 hours ago, cksv said:

As Warren Buffet says; be greedy when others are fearful and fearful when others are greedy. The market will bounce back, and fast once the corona virus is contained.

I agree totally. Right now my and my wife with Carnival holdings of 900 shares and 100 with Royal we are down today $16,450.00 At $9 a share my wife said. Please no more. So we now just sit back and all will turn out great.

• Like 1

1 minute ago, sanmarcosman said:

Says you

Yes. Says me. When the stock plummeted several years ago. I bought a lot then. Back then I ask my CPA what to buy. His answer was. Just about anything. Yes it all went up big time after the market settled in, it took a little over a year when I sold it and did very well. I should've left it alone. Maybe tomorrow even lower. Makes no difference. It will all go up. Way up. It might take a year or two but there is nothing out there like any dumb CD or Savings account offering a BIG 1.8% on the average. I do not for see Carnival or any of the major cruise lines going under. That is me. Anyone remember what happened to the guy who needed a new lawn mower and did not invest into Walmart when Sam asked him to? Since then he purchased several new lawn mowers. True story. I would think those who did invest have others cutting their grass now. If you do not take a chance nothing will change. 

• Like 2