CCL stock dips below 40

Farts

23 minutes ago, sanmarcosman said:

No, the close was 14.97 but here it shows the after market futures up .30 and at $15 🙂 

14.97 USD −6.80 (31.24%)

Closed: Mar 12, 5:29 PM EDT · Disclaimer
After hours 15.00 +0.030 (0.20%)

Yeah, sorry about that. Didn't look at the time stamp.

41 minutes ago, Saint Greg said:

Maybe I’m greedy but I’m going to hold off some more. I think it can go under $10 like NCL is.

I am going to hold off until the virus is contained. A bird in the hand......

2 minutes ago, coevan said:

I am going to hold off until the virus is contained. A bird in the hand......

Then you're going to lose a buying opportunity. When it's contained, stocks will shoot through the roof. I'm buying now while everyone is scared...

• Like 1

Governor of Maryland just closed the Baltimore cruise port. From what little information I can gather, CCL was not informed prior to the announcement. Wouldn't surprise me if other Governors follow suit. I'm waiting - I still don't think we have seen the bottom. $10 and I'll buy everything I can get my hands on.

I bought in at the close, 150 @ $14.96. I think there will be another leg lower, closing ports, suspending cruises?  Lets all hope we can get this virus under control as soon as possible. 

My next move will be to buy another 100 shares somewhere under $10 if the above happens (hope not), then hold and wait for all of us to get back to normal.

Edited by NJ CRUISE
  • Like 2

I bought quite a few of both Norwegian (at $16.79) and Carnival (at $21.60) yesterday morning... but wow, they sure did drop again today (lost 30% of the value)!  Unfortunately I'm out of money now, so I can't buy any more. 😝

These companies have had some really crazy price drops over the past few weeks! I guess people just think that no one will ever cruise, ever again? It boggles the mind.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, john91498 said:

Then you're going to lose a buying opportunity. When it's contained, stocks will shoot through the roof. I'm buying now while everyone is scared...

that's your opinion and it will dip further until this settles 

• Like 1

It's already gotten worse much faster than I predicted. If and when Carnival suspends operations (Disney has, more lines may follow suit), it's only going to drop more.

Buy on the way up, not the way down. My opinion.

• Like 3

33 minutes ago, coevan said:

that's your opinion and it will dip further until this settles 

Feel the same way. We don't know what the current valuation of the company is. Even the book value isn't clear in this market.

I'll buy when things stabilize and I am more confident they don't restructure and wipe all these shares clean.

• Like 1

I bought at $33 and am holding.  I fully anticipate hitting close to $10.  Many ports are closing.  Only a matter of time before they also suspend operations but I don't think as long for Carnival as they did for Princess.  (not the PR mess and a younger clientel)  I'll buy more around $10.  I also believe a federal bailout of some form is coming for the industry.  NCL in particular is hurting very very badly.  Putting up ships as collateral to get some cash flow going. 

• Like 1

On 3/5/2020 at 5:20 PM, canes20 said:

Bought 13 at 39.42 when it went under 40. Bought 87 at 38. Lost $1000 already, should have looked at buying under 30 instead of under 40. Just put order in for 100 if it goes under 22. If it goes to that, I hope I don't regret not putting the limit at 19.50.

This post did not age well.  You're married to it now.  Don't look for 2 years 

• Like 2

2 hours ago, boomhower said:

I bought at $33 and am holding.  I fully anticipate hitting close to $10.  Many ports are closing.  Only a matter of time before they also suspend operations but I don't think as long for Carnival as they did for Princess.  (not the PR mess and a younger clientel)  I'll buy more around $10.  I also believe a federal bailout of some form is coming for the industry.  NCL in particular is hurting very very badly.  Putting up ships as collateral to get some cash flow going. 

I highly doubt there will be any federal bail out. We need cars and banks which were bailed out, not cruise lines. If a cruise line fails, there are several others to take it's place.

• Like 1

41 minutes ago, john91498 said:

I highly doubt there will be any federal bail out. 

I agree with you. The cruise lines already get around federal laws with their flags of convenience and pay peanuts to foreign workers.  It's not like they go out of their way to support our economy. 

I'm not so sure that there will not be a federal bailout, if...and a big if, it is needed. All combined, how much do all the cruise lines combined, contribute to the U.S. economy? Anybody? I don't know but, I would suspect it's several billion dollars. IF that is the case, I'm quite sure it has the attention of the government. 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, K&TsMom said:

We are looking at making our first investment purchase with some CCL stocks.  Can someone suggest the best site to do so for first timers. TIA

I believe a lot of people use RobinHood.  I had an Ally savings account and opened up an investment account there.  Your bank may also offer investment accounts with no fees for trades. 

• Like 1

28 minutes ago, Denverdonkeys said:

that's not how things work. they operate in the US economy by having US ports and fees at the minimum.

And they bring thousands of tourists to port cities. I never would’ve visited Los Angeles last week had it not been for Panorama. Businesses in Las Vegas, Long Beach, Hollywood, and Santa Monica all got business from me thanks to Panorama.

• Like 2