Stores on celebrity cruises

Sandra1616

1 minute ago, Sandra1616 said:

Hi

Can you let men know what shouldbthey have on Celebrity cruises?  What are the prices like?  How current and unique is the merchandise? What about jewelry and dollar stores?  Thanks, Sandra

Not sure what you are asking. Standard cruise ship stores. Lots of perfume and other high end fashion goods and jewelry.

Dollar stores? Nope, not even close.

• Haha 1

Michael Kors, Kate Spade etc. bags, Chico's, high end watches and jewelry, some assorted clothing stores with prices mid range, some lower end purses and shawls, jewelry (they always have a $10 area), some cosmetics, liquor and cigarettes.  Nothing like a dollar store or "cheap" things.   I pass the stores right on by, don't even go in them, not even once.  

There aren't a ton of stores.  Some on each of two decks.  Rarely do I see more than one or two people in them.

Edited by ClaudiaB
  • Haha 1

24 minutes ago, az_tchr said:

Not sure what you are asking. Standard cruise ship stores. Lots of perfume and other high end fashion goods and jewelry.

Dollar stores? Nope, not even close.

It has several high end designer stores, jewelry, pocket book, and apple products etc.  I don't end up shopping that much on Celebrity because it is out of my price range.  Maybe some one will remember the stores.

• Haha 1

Wow.. @Muffinz that is an extensive set of photos.  

To the OP.... Depending on the ship they have some cheap specials with T-Shirts 2 for $15 dollars and watches (costume) for $20-50.    The T-shirts may last a wash or two and shrink to 1/2 the size.   The watches may last a year or less.  

They have many high end shops on the ship but know your prices.    In the Duty Free they usually have a sundry shop and prices of sea sickness pills, cold remedies are 2-3X the price of a drug store at  home.

• Haha 1

They must have some good sales at the end of the cruise because the shops were very crowded on our last full day, a sea day. There were some nice Kate Spade and other very attractive bags on sale. The only thing we bought was a model replica of the Summit 🙂

• Haha 1

I remember i was looking at watches, have enough and some really high end ones, but saw one that caught my eye forgot the brand but it was marked down around 60%, and I did a quick google search and it was still more expensive than i could buy it on land.  Jewelry if you bargain you can get decent deals I heard from some people i traveled with last cruise.  In truth the only thing I wanted was a decent hat that said reflection on it to match the ones I got from other ships.  They didn't even have that in November.  You can pass time browsing thru the shops.  I wander thru them when getting drinks from the World Class Bar on the S class but theres nothing super special overall.  

• Haha 1

EDGE... hi end jewelry stores.. way too many of them .too many watches,.,  TIffany stock is same as the catalogue.   Coach store sells a few other expensive brands plus Swavroski ( sp)..A few sale items on handbags.

A few key chains, card holders, pens and magnets but not much else in gen store, no post cards    Very expensive  casual clothes or EDGE  tees...small sizes for ladies.  Nothing at all for children!  Too much Malala stuff...

An  open table sale in main area some nights..the usual junk.

Liquor store has candy bars and aspirin, etc,

• Haha 1

The shops on ANY cruise ship may be duty and tax free, but they are NOT profit free! Everything you'll find in the stores can be bought on land for the same or, in most cases, less than you'll pay on board, even factoring in duty and tax!

A reduced-stock Apple Store can be found on X ships, which will be at retail prices (without tax being added). Nothing with a cellular element (iPhones, GPS + Cell watches and iPads) will be found and stock is limited. Don't expect to find newly launched products as soon as they are announced and in many cases, the items have newer alternatives available on land.

The golden rule, especially with expensive watches and jewelry, is to know the on-land price before you buy. The shops are not run by X, but by a third party (like the photography) and rarely will you find you can return something if you have buyer's remorse - I speak from experience!.

The only time I will spend any money in the on-board shops is if I have some non-refundable OBC to use up and on the occasional ship's logo souvenirs (usually a magnet).

• Haha 1

It depends on the ship.  each ship has it's own mix of shops.  the last day specials can be quite good if you are interested in what is on sale.  Last year I was looking for a new pair of Maui Jim or Ray Ban sunglasses at every cruise port, but did not find anything to my liking.  The last day sale had Ray Ban on sale for i believe 25% off, so it was a good deal, and I found a great style I love.

On our cruise several years ago on the Summit, it was the grand opening of their Tag Heuer store.  I had been looking at a specific model to upgrade my existing 13 year old Tag, and they happened to have the model in stock on the ship.  At 15% off with no sales tax, it was a good bargain, since here in the states you cannot get a discount from an authorized dealer.  And since we were going to be in Bermuda, I knew that there weren't going to be any deals to be had there.

So it depends on what you are looking for, and what your budget is.  I personally find the jewelry selections a bit underwhelming, and overpriced.  But if i saw something in my price range that piqued my fancy, I am sure that a deal could be made.

Edited by lnuzzo
  • Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

2 minutes ago, helen haywood said:

Really the only reason to shop in Celebrity's stores (or any cruise line's stores) is if you have non-refundable OBC you need to use.  

I can concur that this is a major reason for many, yet I have purchased quite a few items in X's stores  because they were items I wanted or could not get anywhere else that I was aware of, at the time and paid via my CC...

bon voyage

• Haha 1

I'm not sure what people expect on board a cruise ship.  I enjoy the shops...sometimes I buy something that catches my eye.  I do not expect it to be as reasonable as on shore for everything.  

• Thanks 1
  • Haha 1

7 minutes ago, Bo1953 said:

I can concur that this is a major reason for many, yet I have purchased quite a few items in X's stores  because they were items I wanted or could not get anywhere else that I was aware of, at the time and paid via my CC...

bon voyage

Bo, are you saying you bought something onboard and paid for it with your credit card?

• Haha 1