Liberty March 1 has Diamonds Galore

lovescats5

13 minutes ago, Blizzard54 said:

One of the reasons they are so different is when the added the DL's they did not make them the same.  On the Rhapsody, being in the back of the room they can easily open up whatever size overflow they need.  On the Vision, with the lounge on the side, it can not be expanded unless the use the entire SEEL.  When they do that it is often too big to be social. 

Agree there.  Really bad location for the DL on Vision.  One of those "what were they thinking?" deals.  😮  

57 minutes ago, island lady said:

Agree there.  Really bad location for the DL on Vision.  One of those "what were they thinking?" deals.  😮  

That may be right.  I do not know witch one was done first but the Rhapsody and for that matter the Grandeur, were done much better.      

3 hours ago, davekathy said:

I'm glad to read that all of you that are posting the CLs (what ones are still around) on your cruises are like ghost towns or underutilized and the CL staff isn't pleased and taking the hit with Miami's poor decision of kicking D+ out of the CLs.  I don't mean what I said in a derogatory way. More like rubbing the noses of those in Miami who think they know what's best in what they created. For what it's worth, I did send an Email to crownandanchor@rccl.com voicing my displeasure with their poor decision and referenced CC as some of the C&A members soapbox. DS rock! Now off my soapbox. 😎

While you are writing letters could you also mention that the blue paint that they are now putting on the ships sucks? Thanks in advance.

• Haha 2

2 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

While you are writing letters could you also mention that the blue paint that they are now putting on the ships sucks? Thanks in advance.

One battle at a time. Even as a DS 😉 if I'm not careful my membership will be revoked and I'll find myself on the outside looking in. 

Edited by davekathy
  • Haha 1

On 2/25/2020 at 2:42 PM, lovescats5 said:

Just talked to the concierge, Francis, on Liberty and on the March 1 sailing they are expecting 300 Diamond, Diamond + people on board.  We will turn Diamond March 2, and not really disappointed now that we will not be able to use the Diamond room.  We will be more than happy to stay in the Suite Lounge with the P's instead of Diamond Lounge.  Can only imagine the crowded room.

Congrats on making it to diamond. 

9 minutes ago, davekathy said:

One battle at a time. Even as a DS 😉 if I'm not careful my membership will be revoked and I'll find myself on the outside looking in. 

Attack a fellow DS and the rest of us will dispatch legions of Golds to defend you.

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

9 hours ago, WeMissSeaView said:

No.  I got off Serenade today and I am now on the Navigator.  Sitting in the lounge waiting on rooms to be available.  I am wondering what the total count will be for the Navigator this cruise.

Navigator has 114 Diamond and Diamond + and only 4 Pinnacle. Very uncrowded this cruise. 

4 hours ago, island lady said:

Before Grandeur had a DL or CL, they just did nothing. (and quite a bit of complaining was heard). Before Vision had a DL or CL, they used the entire Viking Crown Lounge for Happy Hours and treated it as a quasi Diamond Event. Drinks on the list were included and others were a percentage off. It was actually very nice for socializing. I was kind of disappointed in how they carved out the lounges up there. 

Edited by Coralc

15 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

That may be right.  I do not know witch one was done first but the Rhapsody and for that matter the Grandeur, were done much better.      

Vision is actually the youngest of the six sisters.  Guess they took a good thing from the others...and tossed it out!  😮 

Will (finally before she leaves the fleet) be on Grandeur in June and September.  I know she is identical to EN (except she was not cut in half 😉 )...so is the DL and CL upstairs across from each other over the VCL like EN?  

11 hours ago, davekathy said:

Oh gosh no...once a DS member you are in the club for life...can't be revoked.  😄 

• Like 1

11 hours ago, Ocean Boy said:

Attack a fellow DS and the rest of us will dispatch legions of Golds to defend you.

Yes...and they will do it willingly with great enthusiasm.....otherwise the lobster sticks and spam is cut off.  😄 😄 

• Haha 2

11 hours ago, Coralc said:

Before Grandeur had a DL or CL, they just did nothing. (and quite a bit of complaining was heard). Before Vision had a DL or CL, they used the entire Viking Crown Lounge for Happy Hours and treated it as a quasi Diamond Event. Drinks on the list were included and others were a percentage off. It was actually very nice for socializing. I was kind of disappointed in how they carved out the lounges up there. 

Ah yes...the good old days!  When they first kicked the Ds out of the concierge lounge years ago, they came up with the "Diamond Event" to appease the Ds...just beer wine and cheap bubbly with a cup of bar mix, before installing the DLs.  We had a wonderful time on the Freedom which was held in the big forward lounge.  Still keep in contact with many friends we made there.  🙂 

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Vision is actually the youngest of the six sisters.  Guess they took a good thing from the others...and tossed it out!  😮 

Will (finally before she leaves the fleet) be on Grandeur in June and September.  I know she is identical to EN (except she was not cut in half 😉 )...so is the DL and CL upstairs across from each other over the VCL like EN?  

Yes she is the youngest but none of them had the lounges originally.  I am not sure in what order they added them

Yes, the Grandeur and Enchantment are the same.

2 hours ago, island lady said:

Diamond Superior. 

It was a long running hilarious thread that quite a few of us enjoyed.  All tongue in cheek silly humor, but we had great fun with it...until some stick in the muds decided to take it down.  Was fun while it lasted and we are still permanent members of the elite club.  😉 😄 

I somehow missed that one.   We had just made Diamond Plus when Diamonds were banned from the CL.  Now that we are Pinnacle we still tend to spend more time in the DL than the SL. 

3 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Yes she is the youngest but none of them had the lounges originally.  I am not sure in what order they added them

I haven't been on Grandeur and Enchantment for years(about 4).  But I remember the Grandeur had the DL in the back of the south seas lounge and on Enchantment the DL was above the VCL? Maybe the CL are the same and in that small room off to the port side of VCL? 

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

So sad to see the little ladies disappearing.  Six down to three now.  😞 

Very much looking forward to our upcoming Grandeur cruises. 

Thanks for the info...I do love the set up with the CL and DL right across from each other on EN, which works well if one is more crowded than the other....or best yet....coffee machine broke in one, can access the other quickly. 😉  But for some reason the deck plans show the DL far aft on deck six like Rhapsody?  

Edited by island lady

4 hours ago, Blizzard54 said:

Now that we are Pinnacle we still tend to spend more time in the DL than the SL. 

You are not alone.  Most of the Pinnies on last week, (and week before) on Rhapsody were in the DL on deck six, since it was so empty up in the CL for any kind of socializing.  

1 hour ago, frank808 said:

I haven't been on Grandeur and Enchantment for years(about 4).  But I remember the Grandeur had the DL in the back of the south seas lounge and on Enchantment the DL was above the VCL? Maybe the CL are the same and in that small room off to the port side of VCL? 

Hi Frank!  We loved the little EN when she spent a few years here at PC.  When we were on that ship, the DL was up and over the VCL lounge, and the CL was facing aft just below it immediately opposite.  Could get very warm in there with the huge set of floor to ceiling windows and was a bit smaller than the DL.  We preferred the DL on EN...and most likely will do so on Grandeur as well, unless too crowded.  

According to Blizzard...he is saying it is just like EN set up.  But when I pull up the deck plans...shows indeed on deck six like Rhapsody is.  Hmmmm.....

On 2/25/2020 at 3:19 PM, lovescats5 said:

Nope, not an issue.  Just excited to have the points.  Did not realize it was a bad thing.  Like I said, we would rather have a genie than a concierge.  And Twangster I guess you are correct.  It really does not mean that much and I would rather have the Suite perkes than the P status.  So my mistake, I am glad there is no acknowledgement for D or D+ and I will be more than happy to leave them to their crowded room while I spend my time in the Suite Lounge.  Thanks, all you people who have been a downer concerning the fact we did achieve the points for a new level in the Royal hierarchy.  I remember a post where some one made Gold on a cruise and everyone was excited for them.  Guess that just applies when they do not get to your level.

Well I’m excited for you!  It’s a milestone worth celebrating 😎