Cruise ships refused permission to visit ports outside Asia

5 hours ago, By The Bay said:

They are also pressing ahead with the Circle Pacific that departs on 15 April. 

Isn't it called something else now due to all the Asian ports being dropped. People have been given the opportunity to cancel now anyway, so that is good.

16 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Isn't it called something else now due to all the Asian ports being dropped. People have been given the opportunity to cancel now anyway, so that is good.

I agree with your comment. The Circle Pacific is no longer that as they are not going to the Asian ports. A friend who was booked on the segment to Japan (29 nights I think) was offered a 49 night Trans Pacific plus some extra ports, for the same price he paid.

1 hour ago, Aus Traveller said:

I agree with your comment. The Circle Pacific is no longer that as they are not going to the Asian ports. A friend who was booked on the segment to Japan (29 nights I think) was offered a 49 night Trans Pacific plus some extra ports, for the same price he paid.

Ok if you have time on your hands, not if you need to take time off work.

4 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

Sun-Sentinel.com has details of the names of ships and Metro Cruise Services which has workers infected with the virus.  They  assist passengers disembark and embark.  A lot of the company's workers are retired seniors, who will now need to be tested for the virus.  

I hope the same company doesn't handle food as well as passengers. 

Yet another risk factor to consider when cruising overseas. 

I would think it a risk factor to consider wherever you cruise.

Leigh

Passengers on HAL Maasdam roll call are reporting that the captain announced that they will not be visiting French Polynesia on their cruise. Some passengers were supposed to be boarding in Papeete on March 15 and cruising back to USA. No official advice to them from HAL and they do not know whether to board their flights to Papeete today. What a mess!

We are supposed to be cruising Sydney to Honolulu on the 24th. No Tonga, and now looks like no Papeete, Bora Bora or Moorea. Hope Carnival cancel this cruise ASAP.

https://translate.google.com/translate?hl=en&sl=fr&u=https://www.presidence.pf/&prev=search

On 3/11/2020 at 4:57 PM, MicCanberra said:

Not now, no Pacific Circle, no Princess cruises anywhere until 10 May.

Edited by NSWP

9 hours ago, NSWP said:

No ships, but is the website off line for 60 days? Surely not !!!

In regards to the travel/transportation industry, "offline" can mean "not in service" or "not currently part of an active fleet".

6 hours ago, Hgwells01 said:

And we had notice yesterday our 1apr Solstice Cruise was on, minus Samoa but with Tonga and a overnight in Lautoka, not sure if it is a joke yet.

I wouldn't be confident of Tonga, which has already turned away a number of cruise ships.  

19 hours ago, The_Big_M said:

That isn't the case (yet anyway).

Currently only ships leaving from US ports I think for Royal, but give it time.....

Ovation is due to go to Alaska/Canada after her Sydney stint, but Canada banned all cruise ships until July 1st, so who knows if she along with Spectrum will stay In Australia now? (unless US suspends Jones law)

But does our Gov's ban on unnecessary gatherings over 500 people apply to cruises out of Sydney or are they exempt since they are not Australian vessels?   

3 hours ago, MicCanberra said:

Royal has just announced I has suspended cruising out of the US for 30 days.

From Donald J Trump's twitter account 3 hours ago

At my request, effective midnight tonight, Carnival, Royal Caribbean, Norwegian, and MSC have all agreed to suspend outbound cruises for thirty days. It is a great and important industry – it will be kept that way!