I successfully canceled my May cruise - here is advice for all

I wish it was that easy.  I can't even back into 100% of the Base Fare (or any other amount, like 75%).  I have been on hold for almost 90 minutes with the TA To figure this out.  If I am 29 days out, should I expect 75% as FCC and the port/tax fees plus other 25% back on a credit card?  I had no gratuities or OBC pending.  What am I missing?  Thanks!

Edited by Mrsberri0909

Thank you for all the info. I didn't see this, but can someone confirm if the RCCL FCC can be used toward a Celebrity sailing?

Been on hold to try to get answer. Got through to Celebrity pretty fast and their FCC is only good on their line, so assuming same for RCCL. I Have RCCL booked and deciding what to do, but now saw a Celebrity that looks good, both are TA's. Trying to guess which has better luck actually sailing and only week apart in April.

1 hour ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

I wish it was that easy.  I can't even back into 100% of the Base Fare (or any other amount, like 75%).  I have been on hold for almost 90 minutes with the TA To figure this out.  If I am 29 days out, should I expect 75% as FCC and the port/tax fees plus other 25% back on a credit card?  I had no gratuities or OBC pending.  What am I missing?  Thanks!

0-30 days is 100% penalty, so you should get FCC for the total charge for each guest, less taxes/fees/port expenses. 

If you want you could post the Booking Charges section of your original booking confirmation here, it does not show any names or other personal information, just the charges per guest. We could take a look, give you another set of eyeballs on the math. 

15 minutes ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

Okay.  Here is the Cancellation Info I got today.  Below that is what we paid.  Any insight this is helpful

Did you pay the entire $3642.20 balance with a credit card, or did you apply anything like FCC or credit card points towards that amount? 

Scheduled to leave Monday he 16th and I can't get through to cancel!!! Question...we Booked on cruise.com....do I need to call them? Or Royal Caribbean direct? I'm on hold with cruise.com and the wife with Royal...both over 1.5 hours at this point.

Anyone have an estimate of the hold time?  I am currently at 1 hour 9 minutes.  Earlier today around 3pm EST I was able to get through in about 15 minutes. Anyone think there are more phone staff in the morning / afternoon?

And did anyone hit "1" when the voice says "If you have questions about corona virus, please press 1" ?

I have been waiting too long to get screwed.

Edited by thomaskuhn

17 minutes ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

I paid all with Credit Card.  I paid a $750 deposit and then the $3642.20 (balance) when due.   No points used.  So strange.

Then I agree that your FCC is short by $528.80.

I would expect you to receive three FCCs totalling $3980, along with a credit card refund of $412.20.

Like you I cannot find any way to back into $3451.20.

That twenty cents is really bothersome. The cruise fares are all even dollar amounts, that twenty cents comes from the total of the taxes. I can't figure out how that could have been mixed in with the base package amount. 

Please post back here when you get an explanation (and hopefully an increased FCC).

5 hours ago, Ashland said:

Sorry but a bit confused. Flights were approx $250 pp and we certainly have no idea when they can fly next as the flights that far out aren't available. So would they just get a voucher for future travel minus how much would the fee be at this point as their not due to fly until May 2nd. Sooo confused and was hoping AA would offer no fee for this.

Delta is issuing flight waivers for tickets purchased anytime. United and American are sticking to a silly policy of fee free vouchers only for flights purchased Mar 1-31. I would wait for a bit and see if AA and United change their policy to match Delta's. 

35 minutes ago, Mrsberri0909 said:

I paid all with Credit Card.  I paid a $750 deposit and then the $3642.20 (balance) when due.   No points used.  So strange.

Don't you have an actual booking confirmation from Royal Caribbean?  That looks like something your travel agent generated.  The actual booking confirmation from the cruise line will have all the line items detailed.  Your travel agent should be able to supply that and that will lead to the actual answer of what they are basing the credit on.

Thanks all.  The snapshots were from the TA.  However, I would like to believe they were numbers directly from RCCL.  I was on hold with the TA for 2 hours and then hung up.  Now I am on hold with RCCL (1 hour 10 minutes so far).  I am hoping they can walk me through the numbers.  I appreciate the sanity check here.  I'll give you an update when I have one (which could be in 2 weeks from now given the hold times)..

• Thanks 1

Here is my refund. So what people are saying, I  will get $322.86 from taxes on CC, and the rest will be FCC? Also look at the price break down between passengers. I will really suck if I get $1984 and the other 2 people get half that. The new cruise for next year we are looking at will not be close to $1900 for me.

refund.pdf

7 hours ago, SCMODJO said:

Scheduled to leave Monday he 16th and I can't get through to cancel!!! Question...we Booked on cruise.com....do I need to call them? Or Royal Caribbean direct? I'm on hold with cruise.com and the wife with Royal...both over 1.5 hours at this point.

You need to contact whomever you booked with

11 hours ago, de13 said:

Thank you for all the info. I didn't see this, but can someone confirm if the RCCL FCC can be used toward a Celebrity sailing?

Been on hold to try to get answer. Got through to Celebrity pretty fast and their FCC is only good on their line, so assuming same for RCCL. I Have RCCL booked and deciding what to do, but now saw a Celebrity that looks good, both are TA's. Trying to guess which has better luck actually sailing and only week apart in April.

A FCC issued by Royal cannot be used on Celebrity.  The FCC’s are not interchangeable between brands  

Edited by Ourusualbeach

I called RCCL yesterday and was on hold for about an hour. When they answered, they said I needed to go back to the TA for the discrepancy.  So then I called the TA, was on hold for 90 minutes, and got the newest guy on the team that was no help.  He got a supervisor on the phone (but not on the call with me), and they decided they needed to call RCCL to figure out the discrepancy.  Of course, RCCL wasn't open anymore when I was talking to them at 730pm PST last night.  What a nightmare.  The TA left it at they would call RCCL today and get back to me sometime this afternoon.  I am hoping my case is isolated and that I get it fixed.  I don't want to be out $900 due to cancelling (especially with the RCCL cancellation clause right now).

5 minutes ago, MoniMommy said:

I cant get through and tomorrow I move from 50% penalty to 75% penalty. Any ideas on how to get through?

Just keep trying.  Lunch time on east coast will be a busy time.  Try the C&A number and the main number.  I just tried both, C&A number was busy, main number was not.

4 hours ago, MoniMommy said:

I cant get through and tomorrow I move from 50% penalty to 75% penalty. Any ideas on how to get through?

I just got through after about 15 minutes on hold on the Crown & Anchor # 1-800-526-9723.  Best of luck.

Karen

9 minutes ago, DKLI said:

I just got through after about 15 minutes on hold on the Crown & Anchor # 1-800-526-9723.  Best of luck.

Karen

Thanks. I did get through using the crown and anchor number. I was surprised that the wait was so short. Some have reported being on hold for over and hour.

• Like 1