NCLH Stock Price

Hrhbob

1 hour ago, jfio1021 said:

every cruise stock skyrocketed today does anyone know why? very new to this investing thing 

They have all shot up since NCL told the world what their spend per month is.  Look at their explanation to the market article released yesterday.  It shows that they can go at least a full year without cruising, which is positive news, and shows they wont go bankrupt.  Based on this, the stocks all rebounded because when we DO get back to cruising, NCLH and CCL are 60 dollar stocks, and RCL is a 120-130 dollar stock.

1 minute ago, oteixeira said:

They have all shot up since NCL told the world what their spend per month is.  Look at their explanation to the market article released yesterday.  It shows that they can go at least a full year without cruising, which is positive news, and shows they wont go bankrupt.  Based on this, the stocks all rebounded because when we DO get back to cruising, NCLH and CCL are 60 dollar stocks, and RCL is a 120-130 dollar stock.

glad to hear that bc as someone who will probably get an FCC bankruptcy would be a pretty terrible outcome for a lot of people on this board 

15 hours ago, jfio1021 said:

i bought it at 10 and RCL at 32 , so i am really loving this 

Can't figure it out, but I am with you. Bought NCl @ 7.9, now=16.86. Bought RCL @34.95, now =48.89, Bought CCL @11.86, now= 16.82. I just keep rolling the dice and so far, so good.

Edited by Daytonasailor
spelling

38 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

Can't figure it out, but I am with you. Bought NCl @ 7.9, now=16.86. Bought RCL @34.95, now =48.89, Bought CCL @11.86, now= 16.82. I just keep rolling the dice and so far, so good.

38 minutes ago, Daytonasailor said:

Don't forget CUK either. But today they may give some back.

Steve

Edited by mscdivina2016

3 hours ago, FiremedicMike151 said:

Man I wish I had enough to have a day trader account, these cruise stocks are so volatile?

Yesterday went from 14 to 16ish by close then shot up to I believe 19 after hours, now back down to 16..

I got around CCL by buying CUK, then sell CUK and buy CCL. Repeat. lol

I sold all at opening bell this morning.

Steve

• 2 weeks later...

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-swings-1-115414721.html

The company said on Thursday it posted a net loss of $1.88 billion, or $8.80 per share, for the three months ended March 31, compared with a profit of $118.2 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.

considering the virus only affected March cruises, that seems bad to me.

Share price down to $9.85 premarket.

3 hours ago, fstuff1 said:

https://finance.yahoo.com/news/norwegian-cruise-line-swings-1-115414721.html

The company said on Thursday it posted a net loss of $1.88 billion, or $8.80 per share, for the three months ended March 31, compared with a profit of $118.2 million, or 54 cents per share, a year earlier.

considering the virus only affected March cruises, that seems bad to me.

Share price down to $9.85 premarket.

Most of the loss was due to one time write downs (1.6 billion impairment write down), once those are removed, the real loss was 99 cents a share 280 million.

53 minutes ago, npcl said:

Most of the loss was due to one time write downs (1.6 billion impairment write down), once those are removed, the real loss was 99 cents a share 280 million.

Yep.  It ended up as predicted.

782109137_nclqtr1.PNG.8eada56ee898a8ff20a9d5ac8e599485.PNG

Edited by Formula280SS

• 3 weeks later...

NCL hovered around $60 for the last 3-4 years.... IMHO it will get back there in another year or so.   With that said, and with the willingness to let this investment ride for the longer term (1-2 years), I rolled the dice and bought several times on the way down (from 14 to 10 ) - missed the absolute bottom but that's ok.   Even if you bought today you're still looking at an easy 100% gain - very likely more  = there is still a ton of room to make money in the longer term.    I will buy more on the next dip.     

Bought NCLH in 2013 when the price was in the 30's just for the stockholder OBC.   I remember holding when the price was in the 60's.  Saw the price drop to the 30's again.  Then price back goes up to the 60's.  Still holding.  Then the virus.  Almost lost everything.  But since 2013 I have taken over 50 cruises and received my stockholder OBC of $100(my form of capital gains) for each one.  The $100 went to the purchase of Cruise Next credits credits.  That is $5000 that went towards future cruises plus the free money I got with the cruise next purchase.  Now I am out about 1/3 of my on investment which is about $1100 but that $5000 of OBC has kept my investment positive.  Now I am sitting with $1000 of Cruise Next credits to use later.✌️

I’ve been buying all the cruise lines because we just know they will rebound sometime. My short term target for all of them was 50% of their recent high before I would consider selling. I’ve been buying the shares but recently started looking at the options.  I should have been looking last month and likely missed the boat on major gains. 

On Thursday I took a chance and bought 200 NCLH contracts, June 19, $30 strike price for $0.11 per share. By midday Friday they were $1.05 per share. I sold 50 contracts to get my money back and they came down during the last hour selloff, but still $0.68 per share. I’m holding a few more days to see if we get to $25. I wish I got some CCL since the share price jumped up 40% earlier this week, the $20 June 5 calls increased 2,600% overnight on Thursday. 

Edited by Tummy

3 hours ago, Tummy said:

I’ve been buying all the cruise lines because we just know they will rebound sometime. My short term target for all of them was 50% of their recent high before I would consider selling. I’ve been buying the shares but recently started looking at the options.  I should have been looking last month and likely missed the boat on major gains. 

On Thursday I took a chance and bought 200 NCLH contracts, June 19, $30 strike price for $0.11 per share. By midday Friday they were $1.05 per share. I sold 50 contracts to get my money back and they came down during the last hour selloff, but still $0.68 per share. I’m holding a few more days to see if we get to $25. I wish I got some CCL since the share price jumped up 40% earlier this week, the $20 June 5 calls increased 2,600% overnight on Thursday. 

Some major bank bro

I got all three in Mid March, just when I said I would, and have held.  I am up over 100% combined on them all, and I am sure it will continue to go up until we get back to the 3 year average for all three of these stocks...

On 6/5/2020 at 9:03 AM, sr71_1 said:

NCL hovered around $60 for the last 3-4 years.... IMHO it will get back there in another year or so.   With that said, and with the willingness to let this investment ride for the longer term (1-2 years), I rolled the dice and bought several times on the way down (from 14 to 10 ) - missed the absolute bottom but that's ok.   Even if you bought today you're still looking at an easy 100% gain - very likely more  = there is still a ton of room to make money in the longer term.    I will buy more on the next dip.     

Good move, but I do not believe they will come close to $60 for years.   Remember to finance this shut down they had to dilute their outstanding shares by at least 20% mostly @ $12/share.  With more shares outstanding the EPS will be lower regardless as to their revenue growth.   In addition they have to payoff of their loans they took to reduce the additional interest expense, so their growth will slow even after the economy recovers.    There best hope is acquisition. 

We bought 122 shares when it was barely above $10 per share, mostly for fun, but also because we cruise with NCL a lot and having the extra $100 cabin credit was a cool perk.  At this point (its $26.37 as I'm typing), I wish we bought a lot more.  LOL.  Honestly, I really just hope NCL lands on its feet after all of this.  Even with all the complaining, I thing Norwegian has generally provided a good value cruise, and its a very bad break for the industry overall to have had a single virus, which turns out to be not nearly as "deadly", or generally as bad, as the media and politicians wanted everyone to think.  Covid-19 is terrible, don't get me wrong, but it aint what they said; and it would be unfair for it to bring down an industry (this, or any other).

Either way, I hope the stock keeps moving in the right direction.

I love all these could have, would have and should have people.  You people are not investors.  You are day traders until you cruise is over.  When will be a good time to sell?  Or just buy the shares to get the $100 OBC and then sell.   And why just cruise stocks.  What about the airline industry? Do they offer perks for stockholders for flying?  I do not know.  If you are not cruising anytime soon you might as well sell and take the money now.  Buy again when you think you may cruise again.  How much money do you really think you will make on 100 shares for a $25 stock that does not offer dividends?  Stocks fall a lot faster than they gain. This isn't Microsoft in the 90's.  When the stock hits $33 again I will be even on my investment but have collected over $5000.00 on my over 50 NCL cruises in OBC.✌️

Are people really sure about NCL stock continuing to go up in price?  I thought about buying NCL stock 100 shares at $10.  That's $1000.  But I thought NCL was very high risk for bankruptcy, then stock is worth nothing.  I'm not sure not that NCL is immune from bankruptcy.  The company has no income now, tons of debt, and assets that cannot be sold.  Not sure who is in the market to buy a cruise ship!  Before NCL can get back to limited operations (and limited earnings), it will have to staff their ships again, depend on willing cruisers who have other safer vacation options, and hope the ports hungry for cruisers' spending are willing to open up.  And the $100 on board credit if you own 100 shares?  NCL could take that benefit away at any time as it continues to cut expenses.  Sorry for the doom and gloom.  I just hope I can take my 2 NCL cruises and not lose my cruise next certificates' value.