When will Regent drop their prices?

1 hour ago, liptastic said:

Sheila can I please ask were you able to use the FCC that you recieved to pay the balance on an existing booked cruise for November?
This is the question that I asked our TA to ask Regent UK if we could use FCC for our existing November cruise that we booked about last June, and Regent said that it would have to be used for a new booking completely.

Sorry if I am putting you in the spot but I am possibly misunderstanding the situation?
Thanks much,  Jean.

Jean, not Sheila but the answer to your question is yes.  See post #35 in this thread.

Dave

On 3/21/2020 at 8:42 PM, liptastic said:

Sheila can I please ask were you able to use the FCC that you recieved to pay the balance on an existing booked cruise for November?
This is the question that I asked our TA to ask Regent UK if we could use FCC for our existing November cruise that we booked about last June, and Regent said that it would have to be used for a new booking completely.

Sorry if I am putting you in the spot but I am possibly misunderstanding the situation?
Thanks much,  Jean.

Jean..

Yes, I was able to use the FCC for a cruise in November 2020, that was already booked. It is now paid in full.  In addition, there was a small balance of FCC, which we applied to our next existing cruise already booked for February 2021. As a US resident, we could have cancelled one of our future cruises and rebooked.
However, I do not know if there is a difference for U.K.  
Sheila

Edited by Bellaggio Cruisers

Sheila and Dave,

Thanks for the replies.  Our TA asked about using the FCC to pay balance for November booked cruise and apparently it has to be a new booking only. 
I think you must be boarding as we leave Splendour in November?  We’ve never cruised so late in the year to the Mediterranean, but it was perfect for a special birthday date for me, so we will look out for you and Herb and wave.   Jean.

• Like 1

• 3 weeks later...
5 minutes ago, RJ2002 said:

Just in from Regent...  20% savings on select voyages between July and early November.  Veranda through PH.

https://www.rssc.com/specials/details?Id=d1f3876c-9f72-4507-9203-bc6e1de92f9b&s=EM_RSS_AP_TCT_EMI_CTB_NA_MULTOFFER_APR200166_20200413_NA_UC_MULTOFFER

I noticed this earlier today; alas, I am looking at a December cruise that is not included.  It doesn't look like the 20% is discounted from the fares, I guess it is taken after the fact so that the they don't need to honor the onboard booking guarantee.

Edited by mrlevin

2 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Oceania Cruises at fire sale prices; of course, primarily for summer cruises that may or may not happen.

I've been following Oceania sales for a while and it seems (no facts) that Regent is outselling Oceania by quite a bit.  They consistently have "sales" while Regent does not.  We must also consider that Oceania has their own CEO/President and customers are may be different than those on Regent.  

Agree that summer cruises may not happen.  If that is the case, Oceania will likely have sales on other cruises.  We like (not love) Oceania's top suites but whenever we consider them for a cruise, by the time we add in Business Class air, etc., it isn't worth it.  Plus, for those of you that like two book lower category suites, you cannot even have a hot breakfast from room service.  They are quite "class" conscious.  While this does not affect us personally since we have an upper suite, we prefer sailing on cruise lines where everyone is treated the same (once they walk out of their suite).

• Like 1

5 hours ago, mrlevin said:

Oceania Cruises at fire sale prices; of course, primarily for summer cruises that may or may not happen.

I was just on their website. That's insane, and may I add , seems to be bordering on unethical. A May 26 cruise Venice to Barcelona aint gonna happen, and they know it! Is Regent also doing the same? I havent been on their website, hope they arent

3 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I was just on their website. That's insane, and may I add , seems to be bordering on unethical. A May 26 cruise Venice to Barcelona aint gonna happen, and they know it! Is Regent also doing the same? I havent been on their website, hope they arent

Both Regent and Oceania are still listing May cruises, but spot checks show them as waitlisted. They aren’t selling them, but not officially cancelled yet. 

9 hours ago, cruiseluv said:

I agree that this is unethical of Oceania to do.  They canceled my cruise and I am waiting for my refund.  This looks like a money grab to me.  Sure hope they have enough money for my refund!  

I believe that this has been discussed before.  I'm not sure how wait-listing cruises that will likely be cancelled is a money grab.  Are they taking deposits for these May cruises?  I'm asking because we were not asked for a deposit when we booked the now-cancelled May 11th cruise.

On our TA's website, there was a discussion of just how busy they get when these cruises are cancelled and they are thankful that they are not all being cancelled at once.  Some of their employees are working from home - a couple in the office - working very long days.  Although our TA sells a heck of a lot of cruises, it is nothing compared to what Regent is going through.  

I bring this up because robots are not handling cancellations, FCC's and refunds ...... human beings are.  They are going through the same things that all of us are going through.  In the case of some Regent Corporate employees, they have had their salaries temporarily cut and they are working 4 days a week.  Perhaps a bit of patience on our part would be a good thing.

• Like 5

16 minutes ago, colomom said:

Does anybody know how Regent might handle this discount for an existing booking on one of these 20% off cruises?

If you booked onboard a Regent ship, there is a price guarantee (as long as there is still availability in the suite category that you booked)..  Also, if you have not paid in full, you can likely get the new pricing.  However, if you have paid in full, you may be out of luck.  Check with your TA.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

If you booked onboard a Regent ship, there is a price guarantee (as long as there is still availability in the suite category that you booked)..  Also, if you have not paid in full, you can likely get the new pricing.  However, if you have paid in full, you may be out of luck.  Check with your TA.

Thanks TC, we were not onboard when we booked and no, we haven't made the final payment yet. It makes sense that they would honor the discount otherwise I would just cancel and rebook (plenty of availability, it's 9/9 out of Rome). Frankly, I am not confident that we will sail at all.

TA is hard to reach these days, super long hold times. I guess I will just have to keep trying.

1 minute ago, colomom said:

Thanks TC, we were not onboard when we booked and no, we haven't made the final payment yet. It makes sense that they would honor the discount otherwise I would just cancel and rebook (plenty of availability, it's 9/9 out of Rome). Frankly, I am not confident that we will sail at all.

TA is hard to reach these days, super long hold times. I guess I will just have to keep trying.

You could try Regent - sometimes the wait isn't long.  I know that TA's are busy but I emailed ours this morning and got an almost immediate response.   There are so many questions right now (in addition to incorrect information from just about everyone).  I read this morning (on another board) that Europe may stay closed the rest o this year.  I do not tend to believe that but it is "out there".  

1 hour ago, Travelcat2 said:

Super easy to do - the night I saw the special come out I emailed my internal Regent person and swapped the pricing on a 3 cabin booking on 8/28. Saved them about $20K. The next day, when I got the confirm, I called them and told them. Took less than 24 hours.

• Like 1

47 minutes ago, Travelcat2 said:

You could try Regent - sometimes the wait isn't long.  I know that TA's are busy but I emailed ours this morning and got an almost immediate response.   There are so many questions right now (in addition to incorrect information from just about everyone).  I read this morning (on another board) that Europe may stay closed the rest o this year.  I do not tend to believe that but it is "out there".  

Will Regent change booking info for a customer when there is a TA involved? 

12 minutes ago, Pcardad said:

Will Regent change booking info for a customer when there is a TA involved? 

No, they won't, and they didn't. They said they are obligated, by law, to have all changes go through the TA.

Happily, I just rec'v an email from my TA and she said she has just received an "updated" invoice from Regent. We realized at $1300 savings! I am very pleased and now I will just keep my finger's crossed for an actual cruise.

Thanks All!

1 hour ago, colomom said:

No, they won't, and they didn't. They said they are obligated, by law, to have all changes go through the TA.

Happily, I just rec'v an email from my TA and she said she has just received an "updated" invoice from Regent. We realized at $1300 savings! I am very pleased and now I will just keep my finger's crossed for an actual cruise.

Thanks All!

Would you mind telling us where you are going and when?

2 hours ago, colomom said:

Thanks All!

So good to hear that your TA came through!  That is really good news.

• Like 1