Refund Status for canceled cruises: Retitled after merges

lahore

2 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Same here but the total does not add up to 225% of booking total. hopeful I will be getting an email through my TA explaining the math. Did you pay your total on a credit/debit card?

Paid through credit card and part with timeshare points which had been converted to dollars by that point. Refund did not include port taxes, fees- just fare.  Matched up with cruise invoice.

• Thanks 1

5 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Same here but the total does not add up to 225% of booking total. hopeful I will be getting an email through my TA explaining the math. Did you pay your total on a credit/debit card?

Bear in mind the 225% is of the FARE, not the booking total.  Taxes, fees, transfers, excursions, EZAir are not considered fare.  They will either be refunded in cash or as recently happened, retained in the new ‘holding account’.  See post # 673 for what funds are FCC vs holding account when choosing Option 1.

On 4/18/2020 at 12:06 PM, Coral said:

My travel agent does a huge amount of Princess business (very high top producer, probably one of the top in the country). I spoke with her about refunds and it sounded like her clients are waiting just like myself. So if you think CC isn't a good indicator, I think my agent probably would know if refunds were starting to get refunded with her clients. Maybe a few have but she is constantly getting calls from her clients and I got the impression that I am in the majority.

I am happy for you that you did receive yours. I hope more start reporting. It is odd that Princess says it will be in the order of the cruise date and by when people responded and your cruise is for mid-May. There are a ton of people with March and April cruises who have not received anything yet. It is weird Princess refunded you before some others. Consider yourself lucky.

Hi Carol,

So I periodically pop in here to see how the refund process has made progress...

The agent (Loyalty Travel that handles the bank's reward program) said they have not received much refunds from Princess, nor Princess has told them how the sequence they process the refunds.  She suggested me to call Princess to at least make sure the form submitted and the option choice is attached to the cancelled booking.

I just called Princess, and thankfully did not have to wait too long to get a human after 3 rounds of robot messages.  What I was told, it is 60 days from the date I submitted the form, and if after 60 days not seeing the refund then call back.  Only until then they will investigate.  Neither FC deposit nor the 25% FCC is processed yet.  The Princess agent said these would be processed the same time together with the money refund.

That also means even if I want to book a future cruise in Spring of 2021 I would have to book it with the regular deposit payment, and give Princess more my money, or more aptly, LOAN Princess more money far far in advance of the actual service.  I dont think so!

Given your cruise was in mid April and IIRC you submitted the option form on the same date we did,  I believe you and we would have to wait at least another month before we could see our own money.

Frankly Had I booked the cruise with my credit card, I would file dispute by now and be done with it, 

Edited by nho9504
add last paragraph.

32 minutes ago, cherylandtk said:

Bear in mind the 225% is of the FARE, not the booking total.  Taxes, fees, transfers, excursions, EZAir are not considered fare.  They will either be refunded in cash or as recently happened, retained in the new ‘holding account’.  See post # 673 for what funds are FCC vs holding account when choosing Option 1.

Thanks, I did that, but if based just on  the cruise fare, it is over 225%. However, the cruise line computes that differently than the TA.  That may be the difference. At this point I just don't care what just glad it is processed.

Edited by Musky Ike
  • Like 1

11 minutes ago, Musky Ike said:

Thanks, I did that, but if based just on  the cruise fare, it is over 225%. However, the cruise line computes that differently than the TA.  That may be the difference. At this point I just don't care what just glad it is processed.

Your TA may only count the commissionable portion which exclude the port charges.  Princess bundles the port charges into the fare, and only add the taxes and fee as extra, as how we the passengers would see it.  Agents see more details.  My cruise agent used to send me the detail breakdown showing her commissionable portion which is always less than what is shown on Princess Guest Copy.  Hers noncommissionavble portion of course is larger than the taxes shown on Princess' Guest Copy as well.  The difference is the port taxes.

1 hour ago, Musky Ike said:

Just got FCC to our accounts also for cruise cancelled by Princess on March 12. The amount does not equal 225% I presume more to come back on gift and credit cards. Just glad to see progress.

Happy for you! What a relief to see some movement. 

To others:  FCC cannot be used for flights, deposit etc. See your circle account 

Edited by dog
  • Like 1

That also means even if I want to book a future cruise in Spring of 2021 I would have to book it with the regular deposit payment, and give Princess more my money, or more aptly, LOAN Princess more money far far in advance of the actual service.  I dont think so!

Read the FCC fine print to see if you can use it to cover taxes, fees, and port fees.  If not, then the Spring of 2021 cruise that you're eyeing will require you to pay for these taxes, fees and port fees out of pocket.  If that amount equals or exceeds your Spring of 2021 deposit, then, it's a wash and you shouldn't hesitate to book so you lock down your desired cabin.  (I.e. Cruise costs $2,000 + $300 port fees per person with a $300 per person deposit.  FCC will only cover $4,000 total when you have to pay it in early 2021 (and long after the 60 day processing time) and your out of pocket deposit $600 payed now can be applied to your port fees, which you would have to pay out of pocket anyway.)

Edited by annandme

Happy to see that people are starting to see refunds/FCC. This makes me hopeful that mine should be coming soon, given that my sailing date was one of the first batch. Then I can get on and book my next cruise!

• Like 2

2 hours ago, nho9504 said:

I just called Princess, and thankfully did not have to wait too long to get a human after 3 rounds of robot messages.  What I was told, it is 60 days from the date I submitted the form, and if after 60 days not seeing the refund then call back.  Only until then they will investigate.  Neither FC deposit nor the 25% FCC is processed yet.  The Princess agent said these would be processed the same time together with the money refund.

I am only 2 weeks from 60 days from cancellation date (before form came out). Hopefully it comes in 2 weeks. 3 weeks from filling out form. Hopefully soon. I would like to hear from those who are seeing money (not FCC) refunded.

Theresa

6 hours ago, remydiva said:

ps I have my replacement cruise picked out too!

If your replacement cruise is with Princess could you ask your PVP to move it over? I did (although the FC was 3148 and my FCC is 5552 so I'm running a credit).  Plus I got $$s back too! 

Just missing bonus FCC + insurance refund

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 1

On 4/19/2020 at 5:47 AM, LDVinNC said:

This TA is a big online one who must do a lot of business with Princess since they give very large OBC's.

Remember the large OBC's from online TA's  comes from their commission. 

5 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

Sure, but they must do a lot of business to be able to afford giving large OBC's.

Some agents give us a discount off of our cruise up front. I don't want a large OBC when I can pay less for my cruise up front.

So are those big box stores sending people checks since they won't get OBC on the ship or will Princess send a check for the OBC?

Edited by Coral
  • Like 4

2 minutes ago, Coral said:

Some agents give us a discount off of our cruise up front. I don't want a large OBC when I can pay less for my cruise up front.

So are those big box stores sending people checks since they won't get OBC on the ship or will Princess send a check for the OBC?

My guess would be: neck no.  Why would they, anyway?  Fares are the same across agencies.

The agency I use in not a big box agency. It is a big online agency.

That neck no should read heck no. Hate auto correct!

So confused, Princess says refunds will go by sailing dates, but at the same time, they said its by your cancelation. So which is it? I canceled before they canceled the sailing. Also early March ezair lowered the airfare, so where and when am I getting that credit. This is so sad, we ALL need our money, our lives have been affected, no time to think about future vacations. Just please Princess give us our money back. Our credit card was instantly charged, you can give us our Refund back quicker!! (I am sure Princess is reading our post here)

• Like 1

23 minutes ago, LDVinNC said:

My guess would be: neck no.  Why would they, anyway?  Fares are the same across agencies.

The agency I use in not a big box agency. It is a big online agency.

That neck no should read heck no. Hate auto correct!

Fares are the same, but agents can discount or give OBC for Princess. I choose an agent who gives me a better price up front. 

I am sorry you are losing your OBC. That doesn't seem fair. I hope it works out that you end up getting it.

• Like 2

5 hours ago, CarolCoupon said:

Half was my account, half in my husband's -I have his login ;).  Total between the two was right on.

Quick question, this was to be our first cruise with Princess, and we only had one login account for our booking.  How will the FCC show up in our account?  My adult daughters also had a cabin booked together but again only one had an email and login for their booking also.  Now that the booking has been cancelled of course all of the entered information has been wiped out online.  Trying to figure out how to see the other persons refund & FCC.  Thanks!

1 hour ago, Ombud said:

If your replacement cruise is with Princess could you ask your PVP to move it over? I did (although the FC was 3148 and my FCC is 5552 so I'm running a credit).  Plus I got $$s back too! 

Just missing bonus FCC + insurance refund

Tried to do this today. Have the replacement cruise picked out and would like to have the current promotion of $150 OBC per person. Our PVP said:

1) We had to pay the deposit in cash and could not use FCC for it. 
2) Could not roll it over must wait the 60 days for Princess to process the FCC reimbursement. 

• Like 1

My PVP moved a payment to a new booking when my Majestic Princess cruise was cancelled in February. She suggested doing the same March 12th but I didn't know which cruise I wanted. She just added FCC to 2 different existing bookings as I got the ones from the Grand Princess March B2B. I don't know who your PVP is but if she cannot then I suggest asking her to recheck with a supervisor 

I'm not doubting what your PVP told you I'm just stating rules changed after the cancelations started (I've had 3 cancelled)

Edited by Ombud

1 hour ago, cruzcactus said:

So confused, Princess says refunds will go by sailing dates, but at the same time, they said its by your cancelation. So which is it? I canceled before they canceled the sailing. Also early March ezair lowered the airfare, so where and when am I getting that credit. This is so sad, we ALL need our money, our lives have been affected, no time to think about future vacations. Just please Princess give us our money back. Our credit card was instantly charged, you can give us our Refund back quicker!! (I am sure Princess is reading our post here)

When I called the other day I was also told it was based on the date you cancelled not the date of sailing.  We cancelled on 3/19/20 for a 5/16/20 Alaskan cruise that we knew would be eventually cancelled.  The person I spoke with assured me it was already in the queue for processing the refund, lol.  We also had 2 price drops on our flexible EZ-Air flights with balances owed over $300.  When we cancelled the refund amount quoted to me at the time included that extra balance from the airfare, so they could see that in the system.  I'm just trying to wait patiently like everyone else for the 60-day timeframe.

35 minutes ago, Ombud said:

My PVP moved a payment to a new booking when my Majestic Princess cruise was cancelled in February. She suggested doing the same March 12th but I didn't know which cruise I wanted. She just added FCC to 2 different existing bookings as I got the ones from the Grand Princess March B2B. I don't know who your PVP is but if she cannot then I suggest asking her to recheck with a supervisor 

I'm not doubting what your PVP told you I'm just stating rules changed after the cancelations started (I've had 3 cancelled)

Okay that’s what I was thinking so it is possible for a PVP to move or “roll over” the FCC from a cancelled booking without the wait. 

Dose it sound right that a deposit must be with “new cash” since you “moved a payment?” 

Too bad we are out of FCDs or we could just use those. 

7 minutes ago, SJSchell said:

Okay that’s what I was thinking so it is possible for a PVP to move or “roll over” the FCC from a cancelled booking without the wait. 

Dose it sound right that a deposit must be with “new cash” since you “moved a payment?” 

Too bad we are out of FCDs or we could just use those. 

No. The 'cash' being moved would be the taxes, fees, port charges, and insurance already paid. The FCC can only be used on the cruise fare. So the rest is broken out. That's the way it was today when the 'cash' is covering the Ruby deposit & the FCC is going to the 2 cruise fares (Ruby + Enchanted) plus 2082 in the 'bank.' Anyway that's how my PVP explained it this afternoon 

I did wait until I had it this time but I didn't when I moved my Majestic Asian cruise to the Sky Transatlantic 

Edited by Ombud
  • Thanks 2

2 hours ago, LDVinNC said:

Sure, but they must do a lot of business to be able to afford giving large OBC's.

Commission is split between the online/big box company and the agent. Since the OBC comes from the commission, it's coming out of somebody's pocket. 

Edited by Boatdrill
  • Thanks 1

3 hours ago, Coral said:

If the cruise does not take place then the BB OBC goes away.

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1