Currently on Coral Princess ....

YWW

34 minutes ago, JennAngel9 said:

Suzyed, have you tried reaching out to the senior manager of your ship? You should be a special case in that they have a duty to get you to your original port of debarkation.  If they don't agree to figure out how to fly you to the port you're supposed to be getting off on you should reach out to your congressperson's staff.

If it was a mechanical failure they would have a duty to get everyone to the destination port.  This case pretty much falls under force majeure.  While I expect Princess will reimburse folks they would not have to be responsible for arrangements.  Someone had indicated that they were flying from BA to Lima. If you can get to Lima.  Jet Blue usually has a non-stop from Lima to FLL that you might want to check into. These days who knows.

Or Copa airlines has a one stop in PTY into Orlando at pretty reasonable prices. $854 business class.

Edited by npcl

18 minutes ago, npcl said:

If it was a mechanical failure they would have a duty to get everyone to the destination port.  This case pretty much falls under force majeure.  While I expect Princess will reimburse folks they would not have to be responsible for arrangements.  Someone had indicated that they were flying from BA to Lima. If you can get to Lima.  Jet Blue usually has a non-stop from Lima to FLL that you might want to check into. These days who knows.

Or Copa airlines has a one stop in PTY into Orlando at pretty reasonable prices. $854 business class.

I am a lawyer and understand that force majeure may apply-- but I also think as they are handling air for everybody who bought EZ air that should include arranging air for the people who bought passage all the way back to FLL.  I could not say for sure which way it would come out in the courts, but not stranding them in Argentina when they paid for a cruise all the way back to Florida would seem like a minimal obligation from a customer relations perspective.  

• Like 4

1 hour ago, JennAngel9 said:

I am a lawyer and understand that force majeure may apply-- but I also think as they are handling air for everybody who bought EZ air that should include arranging air for the people who bought passage all the way back to FLL.  I could not say for sure which way it would come out in the courts, but not stranding them in Argentina when they paid for a cruise all the way back to Florida would seem like a minimal obligation from a customer relations perspective.  

if they do what they have for other cruises they will refund what people spend on their airfare, just will not take the responsibility themselves for those that had not purchased air through them.

they have been consistent with this in the past.

Edited by npcl
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, caribill said:

If you booked EZAir to get to your embarkation port but did not need EZAir when the ship would have reached Florida, would Princess help with the flight arrangements from Argentina?

My educated guess is Princess will definitely assist those passengers who were planning to get off FLL with flight arrangements from Buenos Aires. Talked to a couple from Florida this morning. Front desk told them Princess is getting them and others in similar situation flights from Buenos Aires to somewhere in Florida. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, YWW said:

My educated guess is Princess will definitely assist those passengers who were planning to get off FLL with flight arrangements from Buenos Aires. Talked to a couple from Florida this morning. Front desk told them Princess is getting them and others in similar situation flights from Buenos Aires to somewhere in Florida. 

that's good, counter to what another passenger was posting though.

• Like 1

We were told to book our own flights by 3 different people.  So we did, and this morning Princess flights were in our mailbox.  We ended up keeping the ones we made because they were changeable but nonrefundable.  Princess says they will reimburse us for them.  They were also more convenient.   Temperatures are still being taken.  I think they are working on the last deck.  

I hope the results will satisfy Argentina.

• Like 2

I have said this several times now. MIAMI is one of the airports in the United States accepting flights from other countries. Try to get there and then rent a car and drive to ST. Augustine. I believe that is where you said you were from.

Kathy

1 hour ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

We were told to book our own flights by 3 different people.  So we did, and this morning Princess flights were in our mailbox.  We ended up keeping the ones we made because they were changeable but nonrefundable.  Princess says they will reimburse us for them.  They were also more convenient.   Temperatures are still being taken.  I think they are working on the last deck.  

Front desk told us several times Princess EZAir would automatically take care of the rebooking for us due to our cancelled AA flights from Buenos Aires to LAX and advised us NOT to book flights on our own if Princess EZAir did our original flights. I actually contacted AA about our cancelled flight and AA would not help in the rebooking or refund because our tickets were handled by Princess EZAir. AA advised us to work with Princess EZAir for the rebooking. AA said we could book new flights but we would have to pay for the new flight arrangements on our own. The front desk seems to be giving you instructions very different than what we are hearing. Talked to a number of other passengers with cancelled AA flights back to US, front desk is telling them the same story that Princess EZAir is supposed to do all the rebooking. May I ask where your destination is and did you pay for the new booking yourself bypassing Princess EZAir?

2 hours ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

You may want to get that in writing.

1 hour ago, YWW said:

Front desk told us several times Princess EZAir would automatically take care of the rebooking for us due to our cancelled AA flights from Buenos Aires to LAX and advised us NOT to book flights on our own if Princess EZAir did our original flights. I actually contacted AA about our cancelled flight and AA would not help in the rebooking or refund because our tickets were handled by Princess EZAir. AA advised us to work with Princess EZAir for the rebooking. AA said we could book new flights but we would have to pay for the new flight arrangements on our own. The front desk seems to be giving you instructions very different than what we are hearing. Talked to a number of other passengers with cancelled AA flights back to US, front desk is telling them the same story that Princess EZAir is supposed to do all the rebooking. May I ask where your destination is and did you pay for the new booking yourself bypassing Princess EZAir?

We didn't have EZAir from FLL to home.  We have changed again and accepted EZAIR since Latam has canceled 90% of its international flights.  We can't even get on their website anymore.  We'll fight that battle when we get home.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, LunaSeaRetreat said:

We didn't have EZAir from FLL to home.  We have changed again and accepted EZAIR since Latam has canceled 90% of its international flights.  We can't even get on their website anymore.  We'll fight that battle when we get home.

You can tell the credit card company you challenge the charge now.

Princess EZAir have really dropped the ball on our flight rebooking out of Buenos Aires Argentina tomorrow. They weren't even aware American Airlines had cancelled all international flights out of South America. Princess EZAir were telling passengers who were booked on AA that all AA flights out of Buenos Aires were still good. Ship's customer service desk can't help with any flight rebooking. All flight bookings must be done by Princess EZAir. Ship's customer service can't even reach anyone at Princess EZAir because no one answers the phone. Only way to reach Princess EZAir is by email but unfortunately Princess EZAir department is not answering any emails even from Princess ships. Our ship will start disembarkation starting around 2pm tomorrow. All guests must go directly to the airport from ship. Guests who are not flying out until after tomorrow, they are required to stay in a hotel until their designated departure date.

• Thanks 1

11 minutes ago, YWW said:

Princess EZAir have really dropped the ball on our flight rebooking out of Buenos Aires Argentina tomorrow. They weren't even aware American Airlines had cancelled all international flights out of South America. Princess EZAir were telling passengers who were booked on AA that all AA flights out of Buenos Aires were still good. Ship's customer service desk can't help with any flight rebooking. All flight bookings must be done by Princess EZAir. Ship's customer service can't even reach anyone at Princess EZAir because no one answers the phone. Only way to reach Princess EZAir is by email but unfortunately Princess EZAir department is not answering any emails even from Princess ships. Our ship will start disembarkation starting around 2pm tomorrow. All guests must go directly to the airport from ship. Guests who are not flying out until after tomorrow, they are required to stay in a hotel until their designated departure date.

How awful.  I am so very sorry.  This adds further stress to a very stressful situation.

57 minutes ago, YWW said:

I would imagine they are dealing with many 1000’s of cancellations and rebookings from passengers on many different ships are are therefore prioritizing their work based on disembarkation dates and the unique situations for each group. I believe there is a relatively small group of employees in the easyair department. It would be logical to approach the problem in this way at least. I can’t imagine how stressed and overworked them must be... (or stressed you and your fellow passengers must be)

With your disembarkation occurring tomorrow they will likely be working on those arrangements in time to support your getting off the ship. I know it must be extremely stressful for you and others in your situation but you can rest assured they are aware of the needs of those thrust into the horrible ordeal you are facing and given how they’ve gone above and beyond dealing with so many crisis over the last 3-4 weeks I’m sure they have no plans to leave you hanging and are working diligently on making arrangements to get you home and into hotels as needed. 

Try to understand that if they manned the phones during a time like this they would not be working through the problem in a systematic, efficient and deliberate order based on all ships unique situation and would instead be on the phone full time talking with stressed passengers. That may seem like poor customer service but is more effective in the long run for a situation so complicated as this. I have faith they will make arrangements for you and those on the Coral if it is humanly possible. 

Beat wishes and good luck,

Chris 

Edited by gottagocit
  • Like 5

5 minutes ago, gottagocit said:

I would imagine they are dealing with many 1000’s of cancellations and rebookings from passengers on many different ships are are therefore prioritizing their work based on disembarkation dates and the unique situations for each group. I believe there is a relatively small group of employees in the easyair department. It would be logical to approach the problem in this way at least. I can’t imagine how stressed and overworked them must be...

With your disembarkation occurring tomorrow they will likely be working on those arrangements in time to support your getting off the ship. I know it must be extremely stressful for you and others in your situation but you can rest assured they are aware of the needs of those thrust into the horrible ordeal you are facing and given how they’ve gone above and beyond dealing with so many crisis over the last 3-4 weeks I’m sure they have no plans to leave you hanging and are working diligently on making arrangements to get you home and into hotels as needed. 

Try to understand that if they manned the phones during a time like this they would not be working through the problem in a systematic, efficient and deliberate order based on all ships unique situation and would instead be on the phone full time talking with stressed passengers. That may seem like poor customer service but is more effective in the long run for a situation so complicated as this. I have faith they will make arrangements for you and those on the Coral if it is humanly possible. 

Beat wishes and good luck,

Chris 

Yes, we can only gather Princess EZAir department is totally overwhelmed by the thousands of rebooking on our ship as well as other Princess ships in similar situation. However, Princess EZAir should've known AA had dropped all international flights out of south America from AA's announcement almost a week ago. Good news is our ship is treating us very well. 

• Like 4

My parents are currently on this cruise and the information regarding their flights home has been very inconsistent.  I've been following how Princess has been handling all of this over the last few weeks and overall think they've done an outstanding job.  Is anyone on here scheduled for a Delta flight home?  My parents were originally booked on Delta broom Buenos Aires to Atlanta.  That flight has been cancelled by Delta for a week and my parents just received an email from Princess EZAIr that their original flight is still on.  Sounds like what they just said for AA.  My parents were very happy to see this, but I don't believe this is correct information.  My biggest worry is that they will get off the boat thinking that they have a flight only to arrive at the airport to discover that's incorrect.  

8 minutes ago, suzQ28 said:

My parents are currently on this cruise and the information regarding their flights home has been very inconsistent.  I've been following how Princess has been handling all of this over the last few weeks and overall think they've done an outstanding job.  Is anyone on here scheduled for a Delta flight home?  My parents were originally booked on Delta broom Buenos Aires to Atlanta.  That flight has been cancelled by Delta for a week and my parents just received an email from Princess EZAIr that their original flight is still on.  Sounds like what they just said for AA.  My parents were very happy to see this, but I don't believe this is correct information.  My biggest worry is that they will get off the boat thinking that they have a flight only to arrive at the airport to discover that's incorrect.  

I don't believe anyone without a confirmed plane ticket can leave the ship. Besides ship will pick up all checked luggage tonight before dinner. Without the proper color luggage tags, ship won't know what departure time to assign us. There's a special meeting at 4pm today at the Wheelhouse Bar for affected passengers for an update on the rebooking, we hope.

• Like 1

In the current situation I would ONLY buy tickets 100% refundable and with insurance in case of dealy of the cruiser. I would also try to avoid connecting flights or buy them with very big gaps between the flights. I would rather spend 5-6 hours in the airport drinking beer then 6 hours in the streets of some unknow town or a ship lol 

It’s possible the flights showing “cancelled” are closed to the general public while Princess has gotten agreement to keep the flight as a charter like arrangement to get large numbers of passengers from the affected ship onto a flight home. It’s only a guess but could explain the differing status being communicated by easyair vs online.

Hoping for the best scenario for you all. 

• Like 4

4 hours ago, YWW said:

I don't believe anyone without a confirmed plane ticket can leave the ship. Besides ship will pick up all checked luggage tonight before dinner. Without the proper color luggage tags, ship won't know what departure time to assign us. There's a special meeting at 4pm today at the Wheelhouse Bar for affected passengers for an update on the rebooking, we hope.

Who called this meeting?

On 3/17/2020 at 2:28 AM, caribill said:

If you booked EZAir to get to your embarkation port but did not need EZAir when the ship would have reached Florida, would Princess help with the flight arrangements from Argentina?

The answer is NO!  We had to book our own and fingers crossed, they will reimburse us for the $3400 we spent on airfare! Believe it or not we had to also pay $34pp for the Princess shuttle to the airport!

Also, anyone who does not have flight arrangements in Buenos Aires will not be allowed to disembark on the 19th.

Edited by suzyed

3 minutes ago, suzyed said:

Believe it or not we had to also pay $34pp for the Princess shuttle to the airport!

Also, anyone who does not have flight arrangements in Buenos Aires will not be allowed to disembark on the 19th.

I agree, Princess charging for the shuttle is TACKY.

• Like 2