Predict when cruising will start again post-Coronavirus

50 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I'm so happy I travelled overseas most of my working life, as I feel the corona virus is going to effect future travel for some time, both here and overseas.  NT and northern Qld. are looking more inviting by the day.  

The Kimberley for us next year but in the meantime getting excited about sailing on the water again in September 
Booked a 🐳 Whale watching cruise.Hervey Bay for a few days

Cheers Carole

1 hour ago, Elorac123 said:

The Kimberley for us next year but in the meantime getting excited about sailing on the water again in September 
Booked a 🐳 Whale watching cruise.Hervey Bay for a few days

Cheers Carole

Kimberley next year sounds wonderful.  We can't go to WA with its border closed.  Whale watching cruise at Hervey Bay sounds fun.  

8 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

Kimberley next year sounds wonderful.  We can't go to WA with its border closed.  Whale watching cruise at Hervey Bay sounds fun.  

We were planning Kimberly for 2023 for our 50 th anniversary so just bringing it forward.

The whales are super cool, brings tears to my eyes just thinking about it.

Cheers Carole

What are the chances of Cruise lines following this initiative? I would be more likely to cruise if this was in place.

"Emirates will offer free coverage for COVID-19-related expenses for passengers, including medical and quarantine expenses, in what the airline is touting as a world first.

The Middle-East carrier will offer coverage for medical expenses of approximately $245,000 and quarantine costs of approximately $160 per day for 14 days for any passenger that is diagnosed with COVID-19 during their travel, while they are away from home." Source

3 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

What are the chances of Cruise lines following this initiative? I would be more likely to cruise if this was in place.

"Emirates will offer free coverage for COVID-19-related expenses for passengers, including medical and quarantine expenses, in what the airline is touting as a world first.

The Middle-East carrier will offer coverage for medical expenses of approximately $245,000 and quarantine costs of approximately $160 per day for 14 days for any passenger that is diagnosed with COVID-19 during their travel, while they are away from home." Source

A SMALL chance  that SOME arrangements will have to be made re procedures of dealing with covid cases on board - with possible repatriation home, treatment on shore etc - particularly if the govt requirements mandate greater assumption of responsibility by the cruise lines for sick pax  - in order to allow the earlier resumption of cruising.

1 hour ago, Chiliburn said:

Here is another cruise line recommencing operations.

"Explorer Dream, part of the Malaysian-owned Dream Cruises fleet owned by the giant Genting Group, is set to depart on Sunday on a "Taiwan Island-Hopping" itinerary. But any start of the cruise season in Australia in September is still awash with uncertainty." Link

21 minutes ago, By The Bay said:

Here is another cruise line recommencing operations.

"Explorer Dream, part of the Malaysian-owned Dream Cruises fleet owned by the giant Genting Group, is set to depart on Sunday on a "Taiwan Island-Hopping" itinerary. But any start of the cruise season in Australia in September is still awash with uncertainty." Link

I can’t see why we can’t have a couple of test cruises.

But it looks like things are deteriorating here.

I see Singapore cruise schedule has been taken down??

Edited by Chiliburn

3 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

Cruises to nowhere, Sydney to Eden but most likely Brisbane to The Whitsundays and Cairns. The best would be to include Willis Island, so we can top up the bar with duty free. 🥂😁

Carnival will want to start earning some cash by using their new terminal at Luggage Point.🤑

11 minutes ago, Chiliburn said:

They could probably do ones from Perth, Brisbane or Darwin in the near future unless the situation changes in those regions, but cruises from Sydney or Melbourne will be a lot longer starting up.

Princess could send Pacific Princess down here. She'd be a good ship to trial cruising in our region. Great for Queensland cruises as she'd probably be able to get into more ports than the bigger ships.

I think they would fill the ship.

It looked like Royal was going to try to bring Voyager to Sydney.

There was a couple of mystery trips to Darwin from Singapore at the start of October and then to Sydney. They where on Singapore Marina bay cruise terminal schedule.
But the whole schedule has been wiped,including Getings cruises.

On 7/24/2020 at 3:35 PM, MMDown Under said:

I'm so happy I travelled overseas most of my working life, as I feel the corona virus is going to effect future travel for some time, both here and overseas.  NT and northern Qld. are looking more inviting by the day.  

We took a fly-drive trip to NT last winter and I can highly recommend it as a place to travel. We loved each and every day we were there. 

7 minutes ago, CupcakeSusie said:

We took a fly-drive trip to NT last winter and I can highly recommend it as a place to travel. We loved each and every day we were there. 

We also did a fly drive trip to NT a few years back in winter and absolutely loved it.  I'm looking forward to a return visit.  We are lucky in Australia to have so many stunning places to visit.  

• Like 1

7 minutes ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

After getting used to the "unpack once yet see many different places" routine of cruising it will be a shock to the system to do land touring again.😯😪

I know.  But you can stay in one place and do long day trips from there, either self drive or by bus.  We met people, camping in their own caravans, who chose to do long bus trips in NT, rather than drive because of the distances. 

Edited by MMDown Under

59 minutes ago, MMDown Under said:

I know.  But you can stay in one place and do long day trips from there, either self drive or by bus.  We met people, camping in their own caravans, who chose to do long bus trips in NT, rather than drive because of the distances. 

Come on how can you compare the excitement of boarding day and it’s none stop from there.

A caravan,camping. You are starting to sound like ROD.  LOL LOL

2 hours ago, MMDown Under said:

It would have to be self-drive. I think I'll avoid buses for a while.

A lot depends on what happens in the next few months and where.

And caravan or camping holidays aren't much of a holiday in my eyes. They are too much work.

Agreed! As one of my friends often says, “Roughing it is when room service ends before midnight” [emoji41][emoji484]🥂

Sent from my iPad using Forums
  • Like 1

I wouldn't mind having one of those really big motorhomes, towing a Smart car for getting around at stops but I wouldn't regard travelling in one of those as a holiday. It would be just mobile day-to-day living but with changes of scenery. However I'd need to win lotto to have one of those. Then I'd need to convince DH it was a good idea to travel around Australia. At least with Kindles his main objection has been squashed, we can carry our library with us now.

• Like 1