for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

11 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

This made me chuckle.

I never, ever use a lanyard on a cruise.  I never used one for my ID at work; I clipped it to a lapel.

We are working in the backyard as much as the weather allows.  I have to lock the doors because my cat figured out how to unlatch them and let himself out.  

So....I put my house key on.....a lanyard.  

While we were taking a break yesterday, it occurred to me, here we are, dressed like cruise people (at least in that respect).

Love this!  Plus a cat that can open shut doors. My cats better not get that smart😄

• Like 1

12 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

This made me chuckle.

I never, ever use a lanyard on a cruise.  I never used one for my ID at work; I clipped it to a lapel.

We are working in the backyard as much as the weather allows.  I have to lock the doors because my cat figured out how to unlatch them and let himself out.  

So....I put my house key on.....a lanyard.  

While we were taking a break yesterday, it occurred to me, here we are, dressed like cruise people (at least in that respect).

thank you for making me smile!! 

• Like 1

53 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

So....was given the senior discount at my local grocery store.  I'm not 60 yet😜 so I decided to throw on some makeup.  Now I feel 59😁 Amazing what a little lipstick can do!

lol, we're now under masks are mandatory order,  maybe I should draw some lipstick on my mask lol, or  just chapstick for me :)  of course haven't left the house in a week...  except for hikes and running.    I think next Friday I might have to do a meds & food run & actually see other human beings :classic_biggrin: 

• Like 1

4 hours ago, gotta cruise again said:

thank you for making me smile!! 

I think we really need these posts, as an antidote to all the "cancellation refunds" posts.  Aaargh.  I'm so glad we have some fun, and helpful, posts here.

• Like 1

38 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

lol, we're now under masks are mandatory order,  maybe I should draw some lipstick on my mask lol, or  just chapstick for me :)  of course haven't left the house in a week...  except for hikes and running.    I think next Friday I might have to do a meds & food run & actually see other human beings :classic_biggrin: 

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning....when it was "normal" I would go on the weekend but I think now

it is probably at least 2 or 3 times more crowded at that time. I can go around 8:30-9:00 and be ok.  One of my girlfriend's

made a bunch of masks and mailed me one so I don't have to worry about getting one of my scarves to work.:classic_smile:

This is a longtime friend who loves to sew....(opposite of me....I can sew a button, she can make the entire

outfit). Anyway, she owns 5--yes, 5 sewing machines!

Anyway, I have been eating a lot of strawberries and blueberries...…..need to get a couple of containers of them!

• Like 1

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

I need to go to the grocery store tomorrow morning....when it was "normal" I would go on the weekend but I think now

it is probably at least 2 or 3 times more crowded at that time. I can go around 8:30-9:00 and be ok.  One of my girlfriend's

made a bunch of masks and mailed me one so I don't have to worry about getting one of my scarves to work.:classic_smile:

This is a longtime friend who loves to sew....(opposite of me....I can sew a button, she can make the entire

outfit). Anyway, she owns 5--yes, 5 sewing machines!

Anyway, I have been eating a lot of strawberries and blueberries...…..need to get a couple of containers of them!

that was so kind of your friend,  & 5 sewing machines!  wow, I actually don't even have one right now, but I can sew as long as it's in a straight line :)  Strawberries sound wonderful,   I've got some frozen ones that I'm using for margaritas.   

My work friend who sews dropped off enough masks for our family,  enough for both daughters & SIL's & one for my Mom...  who is still working & going out like nothing is happening.   Today she has conceded that she will pick up a mask from us ( I"ll hang in in a bag & talk to her from the porch)  

It's rained nonstop here for the last week, but is supposed to clear up for the weekend ;)

stay safe & sane through this everyone!

Good morning....just wanted to throw this out there. A company in California called "Sanctuary" makes clothing

and they are making masks....google them. They make a pack of 5 for 28.00 and part of the profits go to local

charities.  I decided to order a pack. They haven't arrived yet but just thought maybe it would give some of us a pause for the cause:classic_smile:

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

I went to the grocery store this morning and there were plenty of folks wearing masks with some not wearing them

as well.   For you gals who live near a PUBLIX...that is where I shop. They have put up those shields in front of

the cashiers and also put lines down on the floor so you are standing 6 feet apart at the check out lines.

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Monday will be the start of Week 7 for me... 

image.png.2a780f8d9db57730c7b82f4944398f02.png

Part of me wants to laugh at this at part of me wants to cry :)  probably like you're feeling.  I hope you're getting out and walking around a bit...  do you have a car?  Yesterday the rain never stopped, so I just drove around for a bit to feel like I was getting out... otherwise I'm trying to stick to a routine and schedule, which seems to help a bit.   hang in there!   

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I went to the grocery store this morning and there were plenty of folks wearing masks with some not wearing them

as well.   For you gals who live near a PUBLIX...that is where I shop. They have put up those shields in front of

the cashiers and also put lines down on the floor so you are standing 6 feet apart at the check out lines.

Did you get your strawberries & blueberries?  :)  I hope so!

We don't have Publix here but we do have Trader Joes's & Sprouts....  & of course Target....  I wonder if those stores miss me as much as I miss them lol :)    it's been a week since I did a grocery & med run, & I'm going to try to wait until after the 15th to go again (the 15th is supposed to be our Peak day, & the governor is asking everyone in our state to try & stay home for these two weeks)  

1 hour ago, cruise kitty said:

Did you get your strawberries & blueberries?  :)  I hope so!

We don't have Publix here but we do have Trader Joes's & Sprouts....  & of course Target....  I wonder if those stores miss me as much as I miss them lol :)    it's been a week since I did a grocery & med run, & I'm going to try to wait until after the 15th to go again (the 15th is supposed to be our Peak day, & the governor is asking everyone in our state to try & stay home for these two weeks)  

Hi, I hadn't been to the store in nearly 2 weeks.  Yes, got both...fresh blueberries and strawberries:classic_biggrin:.   And got some

fresh pineapple too.  I was trying to guess how much I had spent and too funny...I came within 1.00!  I looked at

all the stuff in the cart and said to myself, it is probably about 120.00----it came to 119 and some change LOL.

We have Trader Joe's and Sprouts too but I love my Publix:classic_smile:

• Like 1

20 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

Part of me wants to laugh at this at part of me wants to cry 🙂  probably like you're feeling.  I hope you're getting out and walking around a bit...  do you have a car?  Yesterday the rain never stopped, so I just drove around for a bit to feel like I was getting out... otherwise I'm trying to stick to a routine and schedule, which seems to help a bit.   hang in there!   

Yes I have a car -- my "big outing" today will be going to a touchless carwash to get the pollen off. I found out from a neighbor that one near us is open, you don't have to touch anything if you have a contactless credit card and bring your own cloths to polish it up after.

So excited, lol. Whatever shall I wear? :classic_biggrin:

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 1

I decided to bake today:classic_biggrin:....I took some of those blueberries and had some apples in the house already.

I found an apple-blueberry muffin recipe on line and they came out really good:classic_smile:.....I am in a tank top and some

lounge pants.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Yes I have a car -- my "big outing" today will be going to a touchless carwash to get the pollen off. I found out from a neighbor that one near us is open, you don't have to touch anything if you have a contactless credit card and bring your own cloths to polish it up after.

So excited, lol. Whatever shall I wear? :classic_biggrin:

Woo hoo! An outing lol :)     & I don't know about you but I'm ready to knock down Dr. Brix & steal some of her clothing ;)  the woman has style!

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

You could wear my daughter's prom dress. Her prom was cancelled 😪

IMG_2089.JPG

she looks beautiful!  So sorry she's missing out on prom :(  I hope that when this subsides they can do a make up for things that seniors are missing out on :)

• Like 1

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

I decided to bake today:classic_biggrin:....I took some of those blueberries and had some apples in the house already.

I found an apple-blueberry muffin recipe on line and they came out really good:classic_smile:.....I am in a tank top and some

lounge pants.

sounds delicious!   I'm embarrassed to say that it's past noon & I"m in my pjs...  going to wash up now & get out in the sunshine while it lasts :)  got chicken stew going in the crockpot for later  :)

11 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

she looks beautiful!  So sorry she's missing out on prom 😞  I hope that when this subsides they can do a make up for things that seniors are missing out on 🙂

Thank you!  We bought the dress before all this happened.  I hope there is some sort of shindig that commemorates their senior year.  Hey, at least she has a great dress😁

• Like 1

BTW, off topic, if anyone has booked a Carnival cruise for 2021-22 (I think) there is an additional discount promotion now till the end of tomorrow for Cheers.  Takes a total of 20% off. There is a specific way to access it, so if you're interested, let me know.  FYI 😎

3 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

You could wear my daughter's prom dress. Her prom was cancelled 😪

IMG_2089.JPG

She is beautiful and I am also so sorry the prom was cancelled. 

• Like 1

26 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

sounds delicious!   I'm embarrassed to say that it's past noon & I"m in my pjs...  going to wash up now & get out in the sunshine while it lasts :)  got chicken stew going in the crockpot for later  :)

Chicken stew sounds really good too! :classic_biggrin:….I am now in a pair of shorts and a v neck short sleeved top.

• Like 1