for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

@slidergirl glad your health continues to improve,  & hoping that when you do get the antibody test, it comes back positive, wouldn't it be wonderful to immunity at least for a couple of years....

@cruisemom42 another vote for Shitts Creek,  the first half of the first season is hit & miss, but after that it's just a wonderful, funny & uplifting show,  makes you feel better about humanity :)  Jack Ryan is pretty good (but dark)   & Ozark is good as well (very, very dark)

@ninjacat123 your nails look great!  I personally have zero nail skills so I'm just doing clear for now...

4 hours ago, ninjacat123 said:

Found my nail tech...me!😂😂

IMG_2273.jpg

I've only had my nails done by someone once - my hotel spa let us do it for free one day they were slow.  I got a gel done - it lasted a day before I had a huge chip.  So, I'll just keep doing it myself - I can retouch if needed.

46 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

@slidergirl glad your health continues to improve,  & hoping that when you do get the antibody test, it comes back positive, wouldn't it be wonderful to immunity at least for a couple of years....

@cruisemom42 another vote for Shitts Creek,  the first half of the first season is hit & miss, but after that it's just a wonderful, funny & uplifting show,  makes you feel better about humanity 🙂  Jack Ryan is pretty good (but dark)   & Ozark is good as well (very, very dark)

@ninjacat123 your nails look great!  I personally have zero nail skills so I'm just doing clear for now...

I decided to "make an effort" for my "going out" gear today.  Substituted the sweatpants with my favorite pair of Sweaty Betty leggings and it was decently warm waiting in my car that I wore a T-shirt instead of a fleece.  Trail runner, baseball hat and a sassy black bandana "mask" completed the outfit.  Got the swab shoved up my nose.  Not any different than when I had the numbing agent shoved up my nose for a laryngoscope session.   I sure hope that COVID-10 positive antibodies will equal immunity - there have been anecdotal cases of re-infection unfortunately.  I do feel as good as I have in the past 1.5 years at least.  

I'm also a Jack Ryan fan.  It wasn't too dark for me.  If you wanted something coal black, The Man in the High Tower (Amazon).  I had to stop watching it - it was just so disturbing.  

Edited by slidergirl

@slidergirl from what I understand there's a belief in the research world that those cases of "reinfection"  were actually results of a false negative test, in other words, people who tested positive for an active infection, then got a negative test for active infection, followed by a positive a few weeks later, looks like people may be shedding virus for up to a month after infection.  

7 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Cruisemom:  If you want just something to laugh at, take a look at streaming "Shitt's Creek."  I've always liked to watch any movie or TV shows made with this group of people.   I do have a warped sense of humor, though.   

2 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

another vote for Shitts Creek,  the first half of the first season is hit & miss, but after that it's just a wonderful, funny & uplifting show,  makes you feel better about humanity 🙂  Jack Ryan is pretty good (but dark)   & Ozark is good as well (very, very dark)

I'll give it a try. I seem to remember watching an episode or part of an episode before and it didn't grab me, but...in these times it may appeal more.

I don't know about others but I feel so stressed out by the news, world events, etc. that I really like to watch things set in a different (nicer, gentler) time and place more than anything else. Escapism, yes, bring it on right now. I watched Mrs. Maisel (3 seasons) and have worked my way through most of Call the Midwife.  Not really feeling the need for dark drama.

Edited by cruisemom42

5 minutes ago, cruisemom42 said:

I'll give it a try. I seem to remember watching an episode or part of an episode before and it didn't grab me, but...in these times it may appeal more.

I don't know about others but I feel so stressed out by the news, world events, etc. that I really like to watch things set in a different (nicer, gentler) time and place more than anything else. Escapism, yes, bring it on right now. I watched Mrs. Maisel (3 seasons) and have worked my way through most of Call the Midwife.  Not really feeling the need for dark drama.

if you haven't already watched it, you might enjoy the Miss Fisher murder mysteries show...  ( I know, murder, but it's actually quite a fun show)  

15 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

Maybe you have to have a slightly warped sense of humor for Shitt's Creek...  

I loved Mrs. Maisel!  I keep hearing there may or may not be another season - I hope there is at least one more to tie up loose ends.

Back on kind of a Fashion & Beauty thread:

Anyone who is looking for a new pair of sunglasses (or 3 or 4), I'm going to suggest you look online at Blenders!  I got one pair via our hotel Lost & Found last year (if not claim in 90 days, you can have it).  I really, really like them.  I have gone back to the website for more glasses for this year - I ended up with 4 pair on a BOGO!!!!   The price point for all the glasses are excellent.   You can buy 2 pair for what you pay for 1 most places - get some fun or different styles/color to go with particular wardrobe!!!

If you go look:  I have: Broadway Nika (my first pair), Marley Beach, and Compass Blue in the North Park collection, Psycho Cat in the M Class X2 collection, and Boobie Blenz from the Coastal Collection.   The are all polarized (I need this for my cataract-repaired eyes).  I can now pick a pair of glasses to fit my mood!!!   I think I'm becoming a sunglass slut now!!!  There is a sale going on for 20 more hours, so if you are interested, head to the Blenders eyewear site!!   

• Like 1

1 hour ago, slidergirl said:

Maybe you have to have a slightly warped sense of humor for Shitt's Creek...  

I loved Mrs. Maisel!  I keep hearing there may or may not be another season - I hope there is at least one more to tie up loose ends.

Back on kind of a Fashion & Beauty thread:

Anyone who is looking for a new pair of sunglasses (or 3 or 4), I'm going to suggest you look online at Blenders!  I got one pair via our hotel Lost & Found last year (if not claim in 90 days, you can have it).  I really, really like them.  I have gone back to the website for more glasses for this year - I ended up with 4 pair on a BOGO!!!!   The price point for all the glasses are excellent.   You can buy 2 pair for what you pay for 1 most places - get some fun or different styles/color to go with particular wardrobe!!!

If you go look:  I have: Broadway Nika (my first pair), Marley Beach, and Compass Blue in the North Park collection, Psycho Cat in the M Class X2 collection, and Boobie Blenz from the Coastal Collection.   The are all polarized (I need this for my cataract-repaired eyes).  I can now pick a pair of glasses to fit my mood!!!   I think I'm becoming a sunglass slut now!!!  There is a sale going on for 20 more hours, so if you are interested, head to the Blenders eyewear site!!   

Thanks for posting about these -- there are a couple pair I'm thinking about, including the Marley Beach (cute)!  The pair I liked the most is sold out though: Heart Rush.

Our March 21st cruise was canceled and I had bought some cute cover up/sun  dresses  so I'm either lounging around the pool or house in those, hair usually up in a pony , no makeup unless running to the store.  Some days I just put on  pajamas (I'm a pajama freak)  and do nothing,  lol.

I'm probably going to have to get new cruise clothes that fit me before our next cruise whenever that might be.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, cruisemom42 said:

Thanks for posting about these -- there are a couple pair I'm thinking about, including the Marley Beach (cute)!  The pair I liked the most is sold out though: Heart Rush.

Always my pleasure!!!    I liked the Alumni Queen (same style as Heart Rush), but they are sold out, too.  Psycho Cat sold out just after I bought them .  My 20-something co-worker bought some ski goggles from the same site!  Really cool - the lenses are magnetic - they just snap on/off instead of trying to wiggle them into the plastic of the goggle.  If I still skied, I would have bought some of those, too!!!

Edited by slidergirl

1 hour ago, jstcruizin said:

Our March 21st cruise was canceled and I had bought some cute cover up/sun  dresses  so I'm either lounging around the pool or house in those, hair usually up in a pony , no makeup unless running to the store.  Some days I just put on  pajamas (I'm a pajama freak)  and do nothing,  lol.

I'm probably going to have to get new cruise clothes that fit me before our next cruise whenever that might be.

I think we all will. I'm on day 26 at home (with most of the two weeks before that other than work) and am finishing up my final semester. I like to graze while I study, so poof! I've gained a few pounds. As soon as I turn in the last assignment next week, I'm going to start walking my a$$ off and put the weight gain behind me.

2 minutes ago, PurpleHays said:

I think we all will. I'm on day 26 at home (with most of the two weeks before that other than work) and am finishing up my final semester. I like to graze while I study, so poof! I've gained a few pounds. As soon as I turn in the last assignment next week, I'm going to start walking my a$$ off and put the weight gain behind me.

That works!  Like you just mentioned, it's the little, everyday things that add up so having a future game plan works.  Something I'm doing is drinking half my body weight in ounces of water, so if you weigh 130 pounds, drink 65 ounces of water (about four 16 ounce bottles of water) throughout the day. 😄😄

22 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

That works!  Like you just mentioned, it's the little, everyday things that add up so having a future game plan works.  Something I'm doing is drinking half my body weight in ounces of water, so if you weigh 130 pounds, drink 65 ounces of water (about four 16 ounce bottles of water) throughout the day. 😄😄

does that calculation work for beer lol :classic_biggrin:

• Like 1
  • Haha 1

11 hours ago, jstcruizin said:

I love pajamas too!! Previously, it wasn't possible to even just stay at home with family, 'cause work, work, work... And now I spend half the day lying around in my favorite pajamas with kittens and eating chips (Yes, I'm almost 40 years old, lol)

• Like 1

16 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

sure as heck doesn't work for wine. 🍷🍷🍷

It doesn't work for a combination of Tito's, wine and beer, either.   I've been drinking the liquid gratuities I received from my owners and guests before we closed. 

Remember the "Freshman 15" - I think I have the "COVID 15"...  

• Like 2

36 minutes ago, slidergirl said:

It doesn't work for a combination of Tito's, wine and beer, either.   I've been drinking the liquid gratuities I received from my owners and guests before we closed. 

Remember the "Freshman 15" - I think I have the "COVID 15"...  

OMG, you cracked the code. Ever since the beginning I've been wondering what the 19 in "COVID-19"  stands for. Obviously it is pounds gained during quarantine!

Edited by cruisemom42
  • Like 1
  • Haha 2

I know this is a fun thread but can any of you tell me if you are having trouble sleeping lately? Like multiple times over the last week.

Maybe it is the stress of everything but I am so tired of feeling tired:classic_sad:...I end up napping 1/2 of the day

in my lazy boy (with the tv on).  I decided to buy a sleep aid......liquid. Maybe it will help. 

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I know this is a fun thread but can any of you tell me if you are having trouble sleeping lately? Like multiple times over the last week.

Maybe it is the stress of everything but I am so tired of feeling tired:classic_sad:...I end up napping 1/2 of the day

in my lazy boy (with the tv on).  I decided to buy a sleep aid......liquid. Maybe it will help. 

Lois, I have felt the same. I think a lot of it is the stress and the "uncharted territory" we are in. I am hyper-alert all day while I am working from home, but immediately afterwards it's like someone let the air out of the balloon and I find myself dozing off in the evening (or multiple times over the weekend) due to not sleeping well at night. 

I think you also just retired, right?  That may be adding to your insomnia -- you must have such a different routine now from what was "the usual".

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Lois I was definitely having the same problem in the last week....  I had allowed myself to get completely off routine, staying up late watching TV rather than reading & going to bed on time...  I'm trying to get back on a schedule again.  For me, the one thing that I haven't given up is daily exercise,   can you safely get out of the chair & go for walks where you live?

I've also taken melatonin as a sleep aid for years & it really helps me,  I take 6 mg of melatonin & 600 mg of magnesium before I get into bed each night, ready for about an hour or so, & it really, really helps me to fall asleep & stay asleep...  don't take more melatonin than that as it can lead to weird vivid dreams.   

I think Cynthia is totally right, you're not only dealing with the COVID-19 Quarantine like everyone else, you also just retired & went through cancer treatment, so yeah, I totally get why its affecting your sleep!  

best wishes to you that you can find something to get you on a normal sleep schedule :)

Lois I also use melatonin-3 mg. It usually helps. Some use Benadryl but that can cause other problems like raising your blood pressure if used too often.     Yes, I too am having problems sleeping thru’ the night. Not every night but when I do, it really affects me the next day. 

What is it they are saying? We are all in this together- and maybe that includes sleep problems too?

Sharon

• Like 1

19 hours ago, cruisemom42 said:

OMG, you cracked the code. Ever since the beginning I've been wondering what the 19 in "COVID-19"  stands for. Obviously it is pounds gained during quarantine!

I thought the 19 was for 2019 when it was first discovered, but I could be wrong.  Hoping I don't gain 19# 😉 

14 hours ago, Lois R said:

I have been having weird dreams and not sleeping the greatest too.  The napping is probably compounding your issue, but a short nap (15-20 minutes) during the day isn't a bad thing.

Exercise helps me, although I did a lot of yard work yesterday and still ended up not sleeping well and very tired this morning.

Hoping we all feel better soon.

• Like 1

Hi, it is more than just a 20 minute nap.    Example, I took zzzzz liquid before I went to bed last night...it helped

but I woke up about 3:30 with a headache so got up and took 2 Tylenol.   It has been that way for a while..….go to

sleep, wake up, can't go back to sleep, taking something, etc......sorry to sound so morbid.

And yes, I should have been on the "BIG TRIP" for retirement.....so my days are NOTHING like

they would have been...……..I would be on the cruise.

• Like 1