for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

Lois, as you can see, it isn't just you.  I'm having issues trying to sleep through the night.  I go to bed the same time I did when I worked (midnight).  But, the past couple of weeks, I've been waking up around 2am and not able to really get back to sleep until around 4-5am.   Then, I'll just sleep until I wake up again - anytime from 9-11am.  It's not like I have to be up at a specific time.  I'm not a fan of melatonin - I end up with a weird "hangover" the next day.   I nap once in awhile, but usually it ends up with that weird state where you can't open your eyes but you can still hear everything around.  

Oh - the nail polish I did the other day - it's already coming off.  So much for that...   and my COVID test came back clean (I knew it would, but did it for the neighborhood spread issue).  Going in for my tests tomorrow.  

• Like 2

It still wasn't a great night of sleep, but much better than the previous night.  Great job getting out and running - we've had a lot of rain lately (and/or cold and wind) so I haven't been as active as I would like.  Today should be cool but dry (40's), then rain the next 4-5 days so I'm going to make sure I get a long walk in before it gets wet again.

• Like 1

19 hours ago, pacruise804 said:

It still wasn't a great night of sleep, but much better than the previous night.  Great job getting out and running - we've had a lot of rain lately (and/or cold and wind) so I haven't been as active as I would like.  Today should be cool but dry (40's), then rain the next 4-5 days so I'm going to make sure I get a long walk in before it gets wet again.

We've had more rain in the last 6 weeks than we've had in years....  which we need, but has been annoying, except it's great for hiking/running as most won't go out...  we don't have that level of cold during daylight hours either.      today it was in the low 80's (we don't have humidity though)   I changed my running to only the stairs.... & we have plenty of them here... did 65 flights today :)

• Like 1

Hoping everyone on this thread is doing well ( or at least ok ;) )     I woke up early today & am up a bit late....   planted a few more veggies today (pumpkins & basil)  our zucchini seem to be doing well & I'm looking forward to being able to share them with our neighbors & family.  :)

Stay safe & positive my friends, we're going to be ok if everyone looks out for one another :)

& fashion wise, today I wore denim shorts with my black tank top ;) (keeping on topic)

• Like 1

Cruise kitty, sounds like you are doing a really good job in the work out dept.  Over here, we go for a ride, look for an interesting neighborhood, park our car, walk and explore. We came across an unusual display in front of one home-they had made a large rectangle and there were lots of painted rocks on display. The sign said “ look for an interesting rock on your walk, take it home, paint it then bring it back and let it live here with all the others”.  We do have walking trails but they are so full of people that social distancing isn’t always possible so we just stick to neighborhoods-less crowded.

• Like 2

Nail polish - epic fail for me.  What's weird is that I'm right handed, but it's the nails on the left fingers that is disintegrating.  Sigh. Well, nothing else to do, so I'm going to try one more time with a different color.  

cruise kitty:  OT, but I'm having trouble finding info, so I'm thinking you can help.  I have a ticket to the Hollywood Bowl on June 17 for Andrea Bocelli.  I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen, but I can't find any good info on what LA City or County has in place or timelines for changes for "large gatherings."  I was going to drive to LA instead of flying.  I have a refundable hotel reservation.  But, so far, I can only see Bocelli concerts cancelled on his website through the end of May and same for the Hollywood Bowl schedule that I can find.   I really don't want to eat the $360 or so that I paid for that ticket.   Do you have any good places for me to look online where I can keep up to date on the city/county "large gathering" rules?   TIA

2 hours ago, slidergirl said:

Nail polish - epic fail for me.  What's weird is that I'm right handed, but it's the nails on the left fingers that is disintegrating.  Sigh. Well, nothing else to do, so I'm going to try one more time with a different color.  

cruise kitty:  OT, but I'm having trouble finding info, so I'm thinking you can help.  I have a ticket to the Hollywood Bowl on June 17 for Andrea Bocelli.  I'm 99.9% sure it won't happen, but I can't find any good info on what LA City or County has in place or timelines for changes for "large gatherings."  I was going to drive to LA instead of flying.  I have a refundable hotel reservation.  But, so far, I can only see Bocelli concerts cancelled on his website through the end of May and same for the Hollywood Bowl schedule that I can find.   I really don't want to eat the $360 or so that I paid for that ticket.   Do you have any good places for me to look online where I can keep up to date on the city/county "large gathering" rules?   TIA

In all honesty I really don't think that's going to happen...   right now we're on lockdown until May 15th, & most of us expect it to be extended in some form to the beginning of June at least....  our beaches, & piers & hiking trails are closed as well.  I watch the governor & mayors updates daily & I'll let you know if they give any indication otherwise, but right now it seems that when we do "open up"  it will be work only at first..  then possibly some restaurants with limited seating available....  the best indicator may very well be when Disneyland reopens lol....

here's a link to our state updates (we're a big state, but L.A. county is following all the governors requests + doing even more:

https://www.gov.ca.gov

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/

I hope for your sake that the concert is postponed by at least a month....   I'm sure you've been to the Bowl before, the parking situation where they use shuttle buses the security queues would really make me question how they could safely open that soon.   I'm sorry if this is not the most positive response.   Take care  :)

4 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

In all honesty I really don't think that's going to happen...   right now we're on lockdown until May 15th, & most of us expect it to be extended in some form to the beginning of June at least....  our beaches, & piers & hiking trails are closed as well.  I watch the governor & mayors updates daily & I'll let you know if they give any indication otherwise, but right now it seems that when we do "open up"  it will be work only at first..  then possibly some restaurants with limited seating available....  the best indicator may very well be when Disneyland reopens lol....

here's a link to our state updates (we're a big state, but L.A. county is following all the governors requests + doing even more:

https://www.gov.ca.gov

http://publichealth.lacounty.gov/media/coronavirus/

I hope for your sake that the concert is postponed by at least a month....   I'm sure you've been to the Bowl before, the parking situation where they use shuttle buses the security queues would really make me question how they could safely open that soon.   I'm sorry if this is not the most positive response.   Take care  🙂

I appreciate your reply.  I'm not counting on it, but one can dream.  I've been to the Bowl several times.  Yes, last year when I went and saw Bocelli, I used the shuttle from Hollywood & Highland.  OMG - it was such a cluster to get in the right line and wait and wait for the right bus.  I had to be a good hour in that damn line.   

Back on the fashion & beauty thread:  IF the concert goes on, I'm planning on wearing what I wore last year - a navy blue knit maxi tank dress (that the lady at Nordstrom really conned me into buying - I would have never thought of it), my classic Gap jean jacket.  I'm switching out the 1.5" heel Kirk-Ease sandals (too high to stand that long with my neuropathy) for one of my Jambu flats.  My jewelry I think is going to be multiple turquoise necklace pieces with my Sundance cross necklace (the long leather one with the decent cross) and one of my pairs of earrings to go with it. I may or may not wear my fedora - I'd have to put it on my lap during the concert.   Does it matter that I'm wearing the same dress & jacket?  Will women recoil in horror that someone is wearing something twice?  Will I be denied access?   <tongue in cheek, you know>

• Like 2

3 hours ago, slidergirl said:

I appreciate your reply.  I'm not counting on it, but one can dream.  I've been to the Bowl several times.  Yes, last year when I went and saw Bocelli, I used the shuttle from Hollywood & Highland.  OMG - it was such a cluster to get in the right line and wait and wait for the right bus.  I had to be a good hour in that damn line.   

Back on the fashion & beauty thread:  IF the concert goes on, I'm planning on wearing what I wore last year - a navy blue knit maxi tank dress (that the lady at Nordstrom really conned me into buying - I would have never thought of it), my classic Gap jean jacket.  I'm switching out the 1.5" heel Kirk-Ease sandals (too high to stand that long with my neuropathy) for one of my Jambu flats.  My jewelry I think is going to be multiple turquoise necklace pieces with my Sundance cross necklace (the long leather one with the decent cross) and one of my pairs of earrings to go with it. I may or may not wear my fedora - I'd have to put it on my lap during the concert.   Does it matter that I'm wearing the same dress & jacket?  Will women recoil in horror that someone is wearing something twice?  Will I be denied access?   <tongue in cheek, you know>

I really hope you are able to go to the Bocelli concert. He is ran amazing singer. I have a few of his albums downloaded in my phone. Your outfit sounds perfect for the occasion.  Wishing you good luck. 

8 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

I really hope you are able to go to the Bocelli concert. He is ran amazing singer. I have a few of his albums downloaded in my phone. Your outfit sounds perfect for the occasion.  Wishing you good luck. 

He's been one of my faves for years.  Nothing like taking a train though Italy while listening to Bocelli on the headphones!!!   I was blown away by the concert last year, so as soon as I saw he was coming back to the Bowl, I jumped on a ticket.  I hope to find someone someday who will finance my bucket list trip to his Teatro del Silenzio over in Italy.   

16 hours ago, slidergirl said:

He's been one of my faves for years.  Nothing like taking a train though Italy while listening to Bocelli on the headphones!!!   I was blown away by the concert last year, so as soon as I saw he was coming back to the Bowl, I jumped on a ticket.  I hope to find someone someday who will finance my bucket list trip to his Teatro del Silenzio over in Italy.   

I really hope it works for you & you get to go!  FYI, if they are running shuttles from the L.A. zoo parking lot those usually have no line :)    & I miss the zoo soooo much!   my membership expires at the end of the month & I think I'm going to renew anyway because you get a discount for renewing early :)

Edited by cruise kitty
  • Like 1

7 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

I really hope it works for you & you get to go!  FYI, if they are running shuttles from the L.A. zoo parking lot those usually have no line 🙂    & I miss the zoo soooo much!   my membership expires at the end of the month & I think I'm going to renew anyway because you get a discount for renewing early 🙂

I've got a ressie at a hotel about a mile from the Bowl (the Kimpton Everly).   My friend and I can walk that.  

Today - it was finally a dry and relatively sunny day.  I took my camper recliner  lounger out to the patio.  Put on my noise-cancelling headphones and spent a couple of nice hours listening to Bocelli.  If the weather continues, I'm doing that again - but adding in some of my Santa Christina Toscana in my Hydroflask wine glass!

• Like 3

19 hours ago, cruise kitty said:

@Lois R  You haven't been here for a bit,  hope that all is well with you :)

Hi, thanks for thinking of me.  I have not been feeling well and actually went to see my GP twice. I have to see

a cardiologist on Monday morning.   Will let you know what happens..thanks again.  I promised my Dr if I felt worse

over the weekend I would go to the ER.   Right now I am ok.

• Like 2

11 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Hi, thanks for thinking of me.  I have not been feeling well and actually went to see my GP twice. I have to see

a cardiologist on Monday morning.   Will let you know what happens..thanks again.  I promised my Dr if I felt worse

Thinking about you and saying a prayer!

25 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Oh, I'm so sorry Lois....  thanks for letting us know :)   sending healing prayers your way & a virtual hug.   please take care & I hope that everything will turn out ok for you :)

2 hours ago, Lois R said:

Hi Lois, I’m so sorry that you aren’t feeling well. Good thoughts and prayers coming your way. Hopefully it isn’t anything serious. Maybe anxiety over what we are dealing with right now. I know that can cause lots of issues. Keep us posted.

Sharon

Hi everyone, just checking in & hoping to hear that everyone is doing well ( at least as well as can be expected)   @Lois R  I hope that you're ok & it's nothing serious.... @slidergirl I hope you latest tests came out ok.  

We're still holed up at home, our governor says that things may loosen up in about two to three weeks if everyone can follow orders, of course this last weekend people flocked to some of our local beaches,  crowding together...  well, you can't fix stupid can you??  The beach that we normally go to for paddle boarding & our little sail boat remains closed which sadly is what they're going to have to do with all the beaches if people can't be sensible.  

Our kids dropped off their little chest freezer for us over the weekend, I let it sit in the sun & heat until today & this morning I cleaned it up & plugged it in :)  now I can do an instacart order through Costco & actually have some good food stored up :)

7 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi everyone, just checking in & hoping to hear that everyone is doing well ( at least as well as can be expected)   @Lois R  I hope that you're ok & it's nothing serious.... @slidergirl I hope you latest tests came out ok.  

We're still holed up at home, our governor says that things may loosen up in about two to three weeks if everyone can follow orders, of course this last weekend people flocked to some of our local beaches,  crowding together...  well, you can't fix stupid can you??  The beach that we normally go to for paddle boarding & our little sail boat remains closed which sadly is what they're going to have to do with all the beaches if people can't be sensible.  

Our kids dropped off their little chest freezer for us over the weekend, I let it sit in the sun & heat until today & this morning I cleaned it up & plugged it in 🙂  now I can do an instacart order through Costco & actually have some good food stored up 🙂

CA numbers look better than I expected. 5 deaths for every 100,000 people.  Here in SC we have 3 deaths for every 100,000. I think SC may be loosening restrictions next week.  We'll see. I would love some wings to grill from Costco! Yum!!

10 minutes ago, ninjacat123 said:

CA numbers look better than I expected. 5 deaths for every 100,000 people.  Here in SC we have 3 deaths for every 100,000. I think SC may be loosening restrictions next week.  We'll see. I would love some wings to grill from Costco! Yum!!

so far the staying home seems to have worked :)  If there's not a surge in two weeks from last weekend then I think we'll be loosening up...   I think that definitely the states with low numbers need to start slowly reopening...  DH & I have decide that due to his asthma, we'll do everything about 3 weeks behind the official recommendations, just in case there's a resurge,  one of the first things I'm looking forward to is ordering some takeout food from a favorite restaurant...  until then I'm looking forward to ordering some meat from Costco for bbq this weekend :)

23 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Our kids dropped off their little chest freezer for us over the weekend, I let it sit in the sun & heat until today & this morning I cleaned it up & plugged it in 🙂  now I can do an instacart order through Costco & actually have some good food stored up 🙂

cruise kitty, the beach scenes were awful! I spent a lot of time at Newport Beach growing up with many good memories but now......

Please let us know how your Costco Instacart shopping goes. I have considered giving it a try but wonder about the delivery of perishables especially now that our weather is warming up. TIA 

I too am wondering about Lois since we haven’t heard from her in awhile.

Take care all.

• Like 1