for fun: Do/Would you still put on all your makeup and decent clothes if you are quarantined

slidergirl

39 minutes ago, Lois R said:

I know all about the tv.....mine is on all day.

OK.....guess what I am having done today? My a/c unit decided to go to a/c heaven:classic_blink:.....if you want to call it that.

This condo was built in 2001 and the a/c was the original unit.  Here in Florida, we cannot live without air conditioning.

And so, this afternoon the a/c people are here......new outside unit, air handler, everything. It is not cheap by any

means but the old gave out after 19 years.  If this new one lasts nearly as long, it will be lasting me pretty much

for the rest of my life (I am 62) LOL.....there are 3 installers working on it. I am in shorts, a top and sandals. 

And if there is a good thing out of all of this mess?  The amount of credit I am getting from my cancelled river

cruise is enough to pay about 95% of this new a/c.   Good ac is a pricey $$$$ appliance:classic_rolleyes:

A couple summers ago here in SC, my A/C went to A/C heaven and it was a miserable for almost a month of over 90 degree days.  I'm glad the repair people are there getting it done for you!  The one time we were without A/C in Florida was after a hurricane.  Fortunately the temps were low-ish so we didn't melt. It's 82 degrees here in SC so I think I'll join you in shorts 🙂

Edited by ninjacat123

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

I know all about the tv.....mine is on all day.

OK.....guess what I am having done today? My a/c unit decided to go to a/c heaven:classic_blink:.....if you want to call it that.

This condo was built in 2001 and the a/c was the original unit.  Here in Florida, we cannot live without air conditioning.

And so, this afternoon the a/c people are here......new outside unit, air handler, everything. It is not cheap by any

means but the old gave out after 19 years.  If this new one lasts nearly as long, it will be lasting me pretty much

for the rest of my life (I am 62) LOL.....there are 3 installers working on it. I am in shorts, a top and sandals. 

And if there is a good thing out of all of this mess?  The amount of credit I am getting from my cancelled river

cruise is enough to pay about 95% of this new a/c.   Good ac is a pricey $$$$ appliance:classic_rolleyes:

Kudos to the A/C guys willing to come out!!!!   And, yes, you MUST have A/C down there.  I have one that also went to A/C heaven 2 years ago.  Got some quotes and decided that, where I live, I could make due with open windows and ceiling fans...  

And, I just got my new pair of sweatpants from Sweaty Betty!  London, GB based, but I always get 1 or 2 day shipping when I order free...  

Edited by slidergirl

Ceiling fans and open windows just don't work here...…..too much humidity and heat:classic_blink:....I should say open windows

and fans don't work for me.

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Ceiling fans and open windows just don't work here...…..too much humidity and heat:classic_blink:....I should say open windows

and fans don't work for me.

That definitely doesn't work for FL, but up here in the mountains, it usually works.  We also have low humidity.  My first 2 houses up here didn't have A/C - most houses built before 2000 didn't (unless they were owned by wealthy folks).  We all made do with ceiling fans and open windows.  The owners of my current home put in A/C, along with ceiling fans in the living room, 2 bedrooms and the den.  80% of the time it's OK, but when it gets above about 78 degrees my little house gets toasty,

Well, Lous, a new ac that replaces one that is 19 years old just might save you some money since it it most likely more energy efficient. Just trying to make lemonade out of lemons😉

Hoping your are now enjoying some cool air.

Sharon

• Like 2

Hi girls, oh the mountains are usually low humidity!   And my a/c is now in and COOLING:classic_biggrin:.....funny, when you

are waiting for a credit from the cruise line it may take a few weeks to show up on the credit card, but when you have

a purchase? It shows up NOW....LOL...I know that is normal but can make you shake your head sometimes.

I just checked my VISA and that charge for the a/c is already "pending".

• Like 1

Hi Sharon, yes.....always happens...…and I am VERY thankful I have the $$ to pay for it.  There are so many

folks who don't have $400.00 bucks for an emergency:classic_sad:....I am VERY lucky to be able to pretty much do

what I want without financially worry.

• Like 2

Hi all,  I actually had a little "outing"  today  :)  Our local craft brewery,  (which is less than a five minute drive away)  starting selling 32 oz crowlers in a quarantine friendly way... you order online, screen shot your DL birthdate, choose a time, & then drive up.   

they have a guy standing by the door, he was wearing gloves, which he sanitized right in front of me, pulled my order out of the ice bath it was stored in, sanitized it...  I popped the trunk, he put it in, & I left,  didn't even have to roll down my window. :)

I honestly was gone from the house less than 15 minutes.

Our usual Sunday activity was walking to the brewery for food & drinks, so this makes me feel more normal :)

heating up the spa, & going to enjoy some beer!

& Lois, yes it's definitely a blessing to not worry about how to pay for necessities especially in a time like this..   I'm hoping (& praying) that in about 3 months everyone will be on the road to recovery, both financial & health wise :)

• Like 2

6 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Hi all,  I actually had a little "outing"  today  :)  Our local craft brewery,  (which is less than a five minute drive away)  starting selling 32 oz crowlers in a quarantine friendly way... you order online, screen shot your DL birthdate, choose a time, & then drive up.   

they have a guy standing by the door, he was wearing gloves, which he sanitized right in front of me, pulled my order out of the ice bath it was stored in, sanitized it...  I popped the trunk, he put it in, & I left,  didn't even have to roll down my window. :)

I honestly was gone from the house less than 15 minutes.

Our usual Sunday activity was walking to the brewery for food & drinks, so this makes me feel more normal :)

heating up the spa, & going to enjoy some beer!

& Lois, yes it's definitely a blessing to not worry about how to pay for necessities especially in a time like this..   I'm hoping (& praying) that in about 3 months everyone will be on the road to recovery, both financial & health wise :)

WOW....that sounds pretty neat:classic_biggrin:...nice way to try to keep a local business up and running!

• Like 1

I almost always wear makeup, but the quarantine has made some changes in this part of my life😅. I haven't left my house much for a week (just to buy food) and I don't wear makeup here. At home, I periodically do masks, manicure, of course, but in general I give the skin a rest. She deserves it😂

I'm beginning to wonder if, when this is all over, less makeup might become the New Normal.

I am starting to get used to seeing myself makeup-free.

Will super-long fake eyelashes, for example, be the exception rather than the everyday norm??

17 minutes ago, shipgeeks said:

I'm beginning to wonder if, when this is all over, less makeup might become the New Normal.

Will super-long fake eyelashes, for example, be the exception rather than the everyday norm??

Good morning, I will fit right in then:classic_smile:.....I have never been a "big make up" person!  Even when I was working,

I put on a bit of eye shadow and some mascara----that's it.  Now, since 2020 started---I can't remember putting

any make up on---LOL..I retired on 12/31 and my face has been make up free.

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Lois R said:

Good morning, I will fit right in then:classic_smile:.....I have never been a "big make up" person!  Even when I was working,

I put on a bit of eye shadow and some mascara----that's it.  Now, since 2020 started---I can't remember putting

any make up on---LOL..I retired on 12/31 and my face has been make up free.

Just think of all the money we are saving!

4 hours ago, shipgeeks said:

I don't wear a lot of make up,  not into eyeshadows or contouring, but I do need my eyebrow grooming & my lash extensions.....I was due for fill this last Thursday, but obviously that did not happen :classic_sad: I'm going to need an entire day to get back to my usual "normal"  pedicure, manicure, botox, lashes, haircut, keratin treatment...  in the meantime I just wash my hair & let it go "au natural"  which is ling and wavy.  Still doing my eyebrows daily...  although honestly as I type this I'm sitting on the patio in pj's and robe sooo :classic_tongue:  maybe this is my normal ?  :)

52 minutes ago, purduemom1 said:

Just think of all the money we are saving!

So true!   I was planning on buying some new spring clothes, but seems pointless now... although I do wonder if some of my favorite online shops will start to have big discounts...

On 3/29/2020 at 10:22 PM, cruise kitty said:

So true!   I was planning on buying some new spring clothes, but seems pointless now... although I do wonder if some of my favorite online shops will start to have big discounts...

Oh, your comment seems so depressing😥. 'Cause it is true, spring, and we all want some kind of renewal, both externally and internally. And if there're no problems with "pumping" internal resources (because there's a lot of free time in the quarantine), then the situation with external updates takes a very unpleasant turn, and this is very sad. 

But all in all I suppose everything will be alright so please hold on and believe in the best❤️

Along the lines of make up, clothing, jewelry - I read an interesting blurb that suggested we not wear our wedding rings/other rings right now due to the sheer amount of gunk and debris (possibly virus?) that can get into the nooks and crannies of our rings. We should probably all be cleaning them regularly with toothbrush and gentle soap anyway, but it just made both hubby and I re-think the idea for the time being.

Thoughts? 💍

Edited by Langley Cruisers

36 minutes ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Along the lines of make up, clothing, jewelry - I read an interesting blurb that suggested we not wear our wedding rings/other rings right now due to the sheer amount of gunk and debris (possibly virus?) that can get into the nooks and crannies of our rings. We should probably all be cleaning them regularly with toothbrush and gentle soap anyway, but it just made both hubby and I re-think the idea for the time being.

Thoughts? 💍

Hi, I only wear one ring on my right hand (not married)…….I have been washing my hands multiple times per day

and this ring stays on my finger.  It is a gold ring that was made from my Mom's AND Dad's wedding bands and

has a small diamond bezel set in it (no prongs).

6 hours ago, Ava79 said:

Oh, your comment seems so depressing😥. 'Cause it is true, spring, and we all want some kind of renewal, both externally and internally. And if there're no problems with "pumping" internal resources (because there's a lot of free time in the quarantine), then the situation with external updates takes a very unpleasant turn, and this is very sad. 

But all in all I suppose everything will be alright so please hold on and believe in the best❤️

On the bright side my new sweatpants from Amazon arrived last night :)    Honestly,  so far I'm not depressed,   now if work dries up for my job, that will hurt.    I think we're all just missing our old routines, right?  

Another bright side, I have learned some new work skills, a couple of new technology systems that I had been resisting, I've had to apply myself & learn them in order to get my files audited & cleared so that's a good thing :)

• Like 1

1 hour ago, Langley Cruisers said:

Thoughts? 💍

Hmm, my wedding ring has been in the safe for a while as it needs to be resized, but I do wear my apple watch everyday from morning till bed time  ( I take it off to shower, but put it back on after...  I do wipe it down with rubbing alcohol though.

1 hour ago, Lois R said:

Hi, I only wear one ring on my right hand (not married)…….I have been washing my hands multiple times per day

and this ring stays on my finger.  It is a gold ring that was made from my Mom's AND Dad's wedding bands and

has a small diamond bezel set in it (no prongs).

Lois that is such a lovely idea!  

33 minutes ago, cruise kitty said:

Lois that is such a lovely idea!  

Thanks...my mom died in 1993---long time ago. Dad died in 2011.  I had been holding her band for all those years

and when he died my sisters and I agreed I could have Daddy's band. I had a local jeweler make this band for me.

I will wear it until-----well, forever.

• Like 1

24 minutes ago, Lois R said:

Thanks...my mom died in 1993---long time ago. Dad died in 2011.  I had been holding her band for all those years

and when he died my sisters and I agreed I could have Daddy's band. I had a local jeweler make this band for me.

I will wear it until-----well, forever.

What a nice idea! As for my rings, I’m wearing them and with all the lengthy washing that I’m doing, I hope  the virus isn’t living on my rings. Although it is possible for this pesky virus to be found on just about any service.