Urgent - Ruby Princess 3 people infected - Urgent Tracking of Passengers

22 hours ago, NSWP said:

I hate to say it but what a stuffup by Princess Cruise Line, permitting 2700 pax to disembark before the test results were known.  The pax should have been held on board until results known.

Now potentially there are a couple of thousand infected former Ruby passengers now walking around NSW and probably Australia or even gone overseas. They could be in your town, your street, your local club or café.  Plus the crew still on board.

A potential disaster.  It has the media attention, big time.

I don't think it's with PRincess. If the government give clearance to depart, Princess doesn't have any ability to hold on  to the passengesr.

There was a stuff up, but from what's reported it's not with Princess (unless e.g. they didn't tell the government at clearance).

Tracking of just two American passengers returning home to US from Ruby Princess -

one bussed to Sydney Airport (MFR)

packed plane to San Francisco (no health screening)

plane to Boston (no screening)

Received email and phone call from NSW Health

2nd passenger (Brandee - NY)

Qantas 73 to San Francisco

empty plane to JFK

Received an unidentified phone call which he didn't pick up.  On research, it was an Australian phone number for callers outside Australia. 

This is just two examples of how quickly this virus can spread. 

NT Govt has just announced two extra people from Ruby Princess tested positive for the virus.

Keep healthy everyone!

Edited by MMDown Under

BREAKING: Two more people have tested positive for coronavirus in the NT.

The Heath Department has confirmed a Territory couple who disembarked from the Ruby Princess cruise ship in Sydney and flew to Darwin yesterday went straight into isolation and immediately underwent testing which confirmed the positive results.

They will be admitted to the Royal Darwin Hospital today and remain in a stable condition.

It brings the total number of cases in the Territory to five.

OK as I said earlier, we have 2 friends locally - local Probus Club members like us,  who disembarked Ruby last week, they were told nothing re virus.  They travelled home via motor coach from Sydney to Batemans Bay.  Since then, on Friday arvo he got an E mail from NSW Health, telling him and his wife to quarantine at home and if they wanted to, go to a local virus testing facility at Moruya Hospital, which they did straight away.  Their results will be available early next week. 

My friend is of the opinion the ship did know there were possible cases on board as the results were known only a few hours after disembarkation and testing allegedly takes a couple of days right?   As I said before, a monumental stuff by one or more agencies.

Personally I feel the number of positive results from the Ruby will increase in the near future.

Edited by NSWP
  • Like 1

Personally I feel the number of positive results from the Ruby will increase in the near future.”

You are probably right but would like you to be wrong about the results  🥺 

Hope it turns out ok for your friends 🤔

Edited by Porky55
  • Like 1

On 3/20/2020 at 4:04 PM, NSWP said:

I hate to say it but what a stuffup by Princess Cruise Line, permitting 2700 pax to disembark before the test results were known.  The pax should have been held on board until results known.

Now potentially there are a couple of thousand infected former Ruby passengers now walking around NSW and probably Australia or even gone overseas. They could be in your town, your street, your local club or café.  Plus the crew still on board.

A potential disaster.  It has the media attention, big time.

Or panic buying at your local supermarket. Tania

13 hours ago, Pushka said:

Three positive from Ruby in Tasmania. That makes five extra with the NT count. Princess has left a dreadful legacy. 

And the count from Ruby is just beginning and Ovation too.😬

Edited by NSWP

1 hour ago, Pushka said:

We all love cruises. But right now I hate them. 

We have retired from cruising, but not due to the virus as some of you know.   We are still despondent.

• Like 1

All those passengers would be required to self-isolate for 14 days, just like travellers arriving by air, so the issue probably isn't as bad as the media is trying to make out, assuming there aren't too many people who decide the self-isolation rule doesn't apply to them. Incidentally I haven't noticed the media trumpeting about all the people who arrived by air in the past month or so that tested positive to the virus shortly after they arrived in the country. That issue has been barely mentioned yet the majority of the current cases probably stem from those people.

Edited by OzKiwiJJ

16 minutes ago, Pushka said:

Except one of the US couples has flown from Sydney to Brisbane and back again trying to get out of Australia. 20% were American. 

Wow, as many Americans as that! That does increase the risk somewhat, at least while they still remain in the country. Hopefully most of them left fairly quickly.

1 hour ago, OzKiwiJJ said:

Wow, as many Americans as that! That does increase the risk somewhat, at least while they still remain in the country. Hopefully most of them left fairly quickly.

Hopefully on the first plane outta here! 

Hard to see Princess brand surviving all this negative publicity.  

Does this all trace back to Diamond Princess and staff movements?  The must be some reason why the vast majority of cruise aquired cases are Princess.

16 minutes ago, banzaii said:

Does this all trace back to Diamond Princess and staff movements?  The must be some reason why the vast majority of cruise aquired cases are Princess.

This is something Princess Management should be investigating, then reporting on so other cruise ships don't make the same mistakes.  

9 hours ago, banzaii said:

Royal have had cases on several ships as well.

39 minutes ago, MicCanberra said:

Royal have had cases on several ships as well.

Yes but Rod aside, nowhere near the negative media coverage.

I think the cruise industry as a whole will have an uphill battle to recover.  Some people will remember cruise ship, some will remember diamonds and rubies, most will remember Princess.