Cancelled Cruises Refund Tracker/Discussion (merged topics)

Quo Vadis?

8 hours ago, yorky said:

I read that article when it was posted, and again today. 

It left out one option customers  can try to facilitate  refunds which are  taking  longer than promised. Folks can in many instances file a dispute with their credit card company... for deposit refunds and full payments on cruises canceled by cruise co..etc    That seems to "shake things loose".  

Edited by hcat

We were scheduled to go on the Equinox on May 31st.  We received notification on April 16th that it was canceled. Immediately, I requested a refund.  I was quite nervous after reading all the replies regarding the slow/no refunds.  On Friday, May 15th, just one month after the cruise was nixed I was issued a credit for the entire amount. I didn’t have to call and spend endless hours to inquire about my refund, needless to say I was a happy gal. 

1 hour ago, Babablue said:

We were scheduled to go on the Equinox on May 31st.  We received notification on April 16th that it was canceled. Immediately, I requested a refund.  I was quite nervous after reading all the replies regarding the slow/no refunds.  On Friday, May 15th, just one month after the cruise was nixed I was issued a credit for the entire amount. I didn’t have to call and spend endless hours to inquire about my refund, needless to say I was a happy gal. 

We were booked on the same cruise. We also immediately requested a refund. On Friday we received a credit on our CC for $500.00, less than 10% of what we are owed.This was our 45th anniversary cruise and we saved  up and treated ourselves to a suite.  Now how long will I have to wait for my  balance? I paid my bill in full when Celebrity asked for it. I feel that they should do the same.

We were booked on Summit May 9 which was cancelled by X March 24.  I got online and chose the refund rather than FCC within 10 minutes of getting cancellation text and email.   Our card was credited on 5/14.    

Relieved to see the credit come through.   Sad that I am not in Bermuda today.

39 minutes ago, M&Msmom said:

We were booked on the same cruise. We also immediately requested a refund.

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like those who request a total refund are getting their money quicker than those who requested FCC with a refund of taxes, etc.    

• Like 2

Received our refund in full in four different amounts for our May 11th sailing. A bit of a wait but Celebrity have been as good as their word maybe not in timescale but I am now a happy bunny, looking to book two cruises next year with Celebrity and one with Cunard but only when I have confidence they will go ahead. Hope everyone else gets their refund through soon. 

8 hours ago, jerryd1 said:

Maybe I'm wrong but it seems like those who request a total refund are getting their money quicker than those who requested FCC with a refund of taxes, etc.    

Not necessarily, I am still waiting a refund for an April 21st sailing, and applied for my refund on line as soon as I was notified 🤷‍♀️

Still waiting on our refund from March 23.  Now, Celebrity has messed up our potential Alaska cruise sailing for August.  We applied part of our FCC and we were supposed to get a refund of just over $100 on it because we had too much in cash down after the FCC was used.  Well, now Celebrity shows that we owe another $50.00.  Oh boy....

Original cruise date: April 5

Cruise canceled: March 13

Requested refund: March 13 

Called Celebrity on May 6, spoke to a very helpful woman who said she would expedite my refund to accounting. Today, my entire cruise fare appeared back on my credit card. Perhaps it would've anyway if I had never called, but I certainly don't think it hurt matters. The CC transaction date says May 13. 

So 66 days in total.  Certainly a frustrating wait - especially since the original refund form said 30 days. I was most definitely worried that I'd never get the money back. For what its worth, the woman on May 6 said they had just finished up with their March refunds, and were just getting to April. Not sure if that makes sense based on the posts I've seen on here, but figured I'd pass it along.

Hope you all get your refunds/credits very shortly. I've been monitoring this board for weeks; it's been nice to know others were in my shoes. 

Well, if they finished with March refunds, I guess they forgot ours.  

1 hour ago, mleagle588 said:

For what its worth, the woman on May 6 said they had just finished up with their March refunds, and were just getting to April

44 minutes ago, vermonter16 said:

Well, if they finished with March refunds, I guess they forgot ours.  

That's why I hesitated even relaying this. It seemed like just a line they were using. Clearly they are jumping around (as other later date cruises have been refunded earlier). 

3 minutes ago, mleagle588 said:

That's why I hesitated even relaying this. It seemed like just a line they were using. Clearly they are jumping around (as other later date cruises have been refunded earlier). 

Lol.  That's ok.  Totally to be expected.  No worries at all.

Got my refund today. Here's the details for others who are waiting:

Cruise to Alaska for 5/29 was cancelled 3/26. Requested refund through the form 3/28.

Called two weeks ago to check on status. Was told it should it hit my CC on May 12. The refund showed up on 5/18, but the proceesing date on my CC read 5/13. The refund was in 5 amounts, 2 equal amounts for the deposit (I assume for my husband and I), 2 equal amounts for the fare, and 1 amount for taxes and port fees. Added it up and it came out to exactly what I paid. 

23 hours ago, vkb2751 said:

We have been using the wrong TA all these years, it seems. They are not responding t emails and if they do they give the standard response 60 days for refund without reading our email! It is the famous agency in New Hampshire. Never had any complaints in the last 9 years.

We have used this TA for years and they have been responding to our emails. Including a cancellation, 2 price drops. a cabin change and FCCs status)   They are  each working from home and I believe with less staff than before the virus.  It has taken a little longer than normal to get a response 2-3 days vs the normal 0-24 hrs  with 1 exception, where we didn't get the auto generated acknowledgment and for some  reason the email never reached them.  When I contacted them regarding our FCC and refund of taxes & fees  they responded within 2 days  advising that our FCCs had been processed (got them from X that evening) and that taxes & fees should be processed in about 2 weeks.  

I posted previously about our trials getting a refund for the 4/5 Silhouette sailing. We're now nearly 2 months from when I requested the refund (on the form which was inexplicably "lost")and 6 weeks from the April 1 email I received from X stating I would see a refund within 30 business days (I suppose "business days" are like "restaurant minutes" when you're waiting for a table). I received a small credit, which I assume was for port taxes (no explanation) weeks ago. I spent 2 hours on the phone today, mostly on hold, trying to get some idea when the balance would process. Rep #1 must only do booking, and transferred me. I got the "you need to call your travel agent" excuse (yeah, they already told me to call YOU and the charge on my credit card is clearly from Celebrity) from Rep #2 before he told me he could not access my account and transferred the call. To some black hole, I assume. I listened to their repeating hold advert extolling the virtues of the new ships on which I will likely never set foot so many times I can probably recite it. With hold times like this, a little music would be welcome. I am frustrated to the point where I decided to take the step of filing a dispute with my credit card company. Hate to do it, but.......here goes!

I chose the FCC for my cancelled May 2, 2020 Equinonx Southern Caribbean cruise and shore excursions.  I received an email confirming the FCC and expiration date for our reservation but not for the shore excursions.  Does anyone know where I would be able to access the FCC account information on line on the Celebrity website?

49 minutes ago, Tangiera said:

I got the "you need to call your travel agent" excuse (yeah, they already told me to call YOU and the charge on my credit card is clearly from Celebrity)

Your TA should be tracking this, that is why they get commission from Celebrity and why Celebrity says they can't talk to you.  

I'm very happy (and relieved) to report that I have received most  of my refund for the cancelled Apex 5/3 sailing as follows:

4/29 - requested refund via link in email from Celebrity.

5/12 - received credit card refund of $213.08 for taxes/port fees 

5/14 - received credit card refund for shore ex and $274.98 of $500 deposit

5/14 - received credit card refund of $3,711 - full amount of final payment. 

I still have 2 outstanding issues - the $600+ non-refundable airfare that Celebrity Air wants to give me a voucher for (which would be for Norwegian Air and not that useful now....) and the balance of my deposit. Will be calling/emailing to follow up on those this week.

I did email Celebrity a couple of times but did not have to resort to a credit card dispute thankfully. I booked directly with Celebrity, not a TA on this one.

Good luck everyone. 

Edited by librarylady19

While we are happy for anyone who has received their refund, my DH and I are getting more frustrated by the day.  It has now been 64 days since we requested a refund for our cancelled cruise.  We booked through a big box TA and are beginning to think that may be part of the holdup. Could it be that Celebrity is giving preference to non-TA booked cruises?  We are close to making a claim on our credit card.  Thoughts? 

4 minutes ago, cmsteach said:

While we are happy for anyone who has received their refund, my DH and I are getting more frustrated by the day.  It has now been 64 days since we requested a refund for our cancelled cruise.  We booked through a big box TA and are beginning to think that may be part of the holdup. Could it be that Celebrity is giving preference to non-TA booked cruises?  We are close to making a claim on our credit card.  Thoughts? 

I made a claim with my credit card, and got full refund to our statement within 7-10 days.  🍷

Our cruise was canceled March 25 (pretty sure that was the date, or close enough).  We booked through an online agency, we requested the refund instead of the FCC.  We were notified by our credit card company via email that we received a credit.  It came for each person, in 2 amounts, the deposit and the final payment.  100% refund.  I called our credit card company and requested a check for the amount as we do not carry a balance on our card, it is paid off every month.  We should receive a check in 10 to 21 days or so.  I just wanted to relay our experience.