Refunds

Globetrotter21

4 minutes ago, jimbo5544 said:

Your making my point, but thanks

Which was? That Carnival notified clients 8 hours after the other 2 lines? Never argued that at all. I'm still waiting to hear why they weren't able to send out a confirmation once I cancelled the cruise (3 days PRIOR to this announcement) to acknowledge cancellation and non-refundable cancellation fee.....Oh, and don't forget you were about to tell me what it was I did wrong.....

12 minutes ago, ceilidh1 said:

Which was? That Carnival notified clients 8 hours after the other 2 lines? Never argued that at all. I'm still waiting to hear why they weren't able to send out a confirmation once I cancelled the cruise (3 days PRIOR to this announcement) to acknowledge cancellation and non-refundable cancellation fee.....Oh, and don't forget you were about to tell me what it was I did wrong.....

My point was tied to the cancellation and the time delay till the email.  Did I say I was going to tell you what you did wrong?

2 hours ago, zpdw484 said:

Obviously to some Carnival does no wrong lol

Agree. They go above and beyond, in a timely manner...😀 (sarcastic)

All kidding aside, it has to be tough for all lines to deal with this whole crisis. From what i read, some have had a nice smooth transaction, but some are going through hoops. No time like the present to practice patience!!

• Like 1

The Credit Card that I used to book my trip was compromised. The Credit Card company is going to send me a new card with a new number.  What will happen to my refund since the card i used to book is no longer working? Do I have to call Carnival? UGH...

6 hours ago, layteacher said:

The Credit Card that I used to book my trip was compromised. The Credit Card company is going to send me a new card with a new number.  What will happen to my refund since the card i used to book is no longer working? Do I have to call Carnival? UGH...

Have you asked the CC company? They should be able to lead you in the right direction.

I would start there first ,then call Carnival if CC company is no help.

Anyone have experience with a cancellation that was paid with Uplift? I booked a 4 day in July that was paid with Uplift. I've had 3 price drops that have been refunded to Uplift. The balance owed has gone down each time . I'm wondering how that whole process will play out if that sailing is cancelled and I don't rebook (full refund). I know they will get the refund but what happens to the payments I already made?

You DO NOT need to do anything.  The credit card company still has a record of your previous credit card number.  When a refund is issued, it will go towards your account, even if you have a new card number.  Trust me, I have been in the same position many times. And I have even called to ask to confirm before.

• Like 2

11 hours ago, shof515 said:

this happen to me on a different cruise line, you will have to up the carnival and give them the new card numbers

exactly, the CC company has nothing to do with the transaction between him and Carnival

I had a my card replaced in November.  It was with American Express.  When I cancelled my cruise the refund showed up on the new account even though the numbers were now different.  Hope it works the same for you. 

The same thing happened when we cancelled our reservations in Yellowstone for the beginning of June.  Booked with 1 number and refunded to the new number since it is essentially the same account.

7 hours ago, luv2trvlnow said:

I had a my card replaced in November.  It was with American Express.  When I cancelled my cruise the refund showed up on the new account even though the numbers were now different.  Hope it works the same for you. 

The same thing happened when we cancelled our reservations in Yellowstone for the beginning of June.  Booked with 1 number and refunded to the new number since it is essentially the same account.

Just to piggy back on this quote because it's with Amex and based on my personal experience-

If you had a replacement card (same account), even with a completely new number, the merchant credit/refund will go to the same account as if it were the same card. This is because of the authorization code/tokenization that was used to process the transaction in the first place. Essentially, they are returning the amount through the same token which knows where it should be routed to.

If you have a new card due to an account closure, this will be a little different. In most cases, the payment would be returned to your closed account and your financial institution should mail you a check for the refunded amount. They will eventually get in contact with you or alternatively, you should begin the communication with them prior to requesting the refund and follow up sometime within 7-10 business days.

This is how refunds generally work with Amex regardless of it being a cruise line or not. Someone else will probably be along soon to say whether or not all credit card companies operate the same way.

Edited by xDisconnections

19 hours ago, Essiesmom said:

I have had credit cards cancelled and reissued several times, most recently a few weeks ago.  Every time the charges/refunds are automatically applied to the replacement card.  EM

That was my experience as well.   True to form of a CC'er with a CC, 99% of all my CC refunds are cruise related. 

I just cancelled my July cruise because I have diabetes and there is no clear guidance on whether that ban will be lifted by then.  I cancelled just before the final payment was due and was informed I will pay a cancellation penalty.  I will end up loosing my "non-refundable deposit."  Looks like they lost my future business.

• Like 1

8 minutes ago, Rock_Dr said:

I just cancelled my July cruise because I have diabetes and there is no clear guidance on whether that ban will be lifted by then.  I cancelled just before the final payment was due and was informed I will pay a cancellation penalty.  I will end up loosing my "non-refundable deposit."  Looks like they lost my future business.

Of course you were going to lose your deposit. No brainer there. You should have waited it out and let them cancel on you.  You would have come out of it much better.  

• Like 1

1 minute ago, Rock_Dr said:

But I would have had to pay the balance.  I'd rather loose the deposit than the entire fare if they didn't cancel and I didn't want to go.

Then don't blame Carnival and say 'they lost your future business' as if they did something wrong, when it was clearly your decision.  

• Like 3

1 minute ago, TAIC1234 said:

Then don't blame Carnival and say 'they lost your future business' as if they did something wrong, when it was clearly your decision.  

They changed their policies AFTER I booked.  They are not allowing passengers with diabetes cruise.  They should not take my money when they are not letting me cruise.  Stop defending them.

• Like 3

11 minutes ago, Rock_Dr said:

They changed their policies AFTER I booked.  They are not allowing passengers with diabetes cruise.  They should not take my money when they are not letting me cruise.  Stop defending them.

Do a chargeback with the credit card company. They changed the terms after you put down your deposit. 

9 minutes ago, Rock_Dr said:

Yes - I am biased Carnival.  We've never had anything less than a great experience with them and feel that they try to do right by their customer's.  If THEY cancel on you, they are willing to issue you a full refund, albeit up to 90 days to get it back, or a FCC with a generous OBC for a future cruise.  They have earned my loyalty over the years. 

Perhaps you could have contacted your PVP and asked them to extend your final payment date?  

• Like 1

37 minutes ago, Rock_Dr said:

Let's see, you cancelled and there are penalties, what did you think would happen?  Did you have insurance?

6 minutes ago, Sam Ting said:

Do a chargeback with the credit card company. They changed the terms after you put down your deposit. 

By chargeback I am guessing you mean dispute?  How dod they change the terms?

I CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY SAID I CAN"T GO.

1 minute ago, jimbo5544 said:

Let's see, you cancelled and there are penalties, what did you think would happen?  Did you have insurance?

3 minutes ago, TAIC1234 said:

Yes - I am biased Carnival.  We've never had anything less than a great experience with them and feel that they try to do right by their customer's.  If THEY cancel on you, they are willing to issue you a full refund, albeit up to 90 days to get it back, or a FCC with a generous OBC for a future cruise.  They have earned my loyalty over the years. 

Perhaps you could have contacted your PVP and asked them to extend your final payment date?  

I CANCELLED BECAUSE THEY SAID I CAN"T GO.

• Like 1