P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

39 minutes ago, Purdey16 said:

Waiting for my pick up now sky looks grey and a bit windy this morning, I think I’m getting a bit excited took LFT and negative so let’s hope cruise test is the same .

Have a good day everyone.

Sarah I be been up since 2 o’clock watching the Olympics couldn’t sleep for some reason 😉

I will be watching the Olympics at 12.05, Curling is on so that’s me sat on the sofa for a couple of hours

Michelle

• Like 3

1 hour ago, kalos said:

Mrs K would often text me "could I pick up Fish & Chips on my way home" :classic_smile:

Strange name to give our kids really :classic_unsure:

🤣This so aptly  explains why we have  loved and needed this thread through the last couple of years.

Plus all of the support, of course.

I would  miss it so much  xx

• Like 16

Big games for the Six Nations today - Will Scotland beat Wales in Cardiff to continue their Grand Slam hopes?  And of course France V Ireland, both contenders for a Grand Slam. Who will still have that in their sights this afternoon? 

An afternoon of rugbyfest here today.

• Like 1

Brother has come by unannounced, funny that as he lives 2.5 hours away, so stretching credulity as to just passing. Anyhow he has announced that he will be no trouble as he can use the large TV for the Rugby and have whatever else on his ipad. I managed to sound very unimpressed and have guilt tripped him into going and buying all the seafood from the shop here, something fizzy and some fresh crusty bread. Graham your food photos are always lovely and I used them as part of my guilt inducing tactics. Once I have knocked up a sterling seafood whatever I honestly don't care what he does viewing wise as I can escape up here with the low riders who are all hoping that whatever he is watching it lasts forever as 10 mile walks are never on their agenda.

I'm offering a little prayer that this version of the thread remains if the other one isn't going to be restored.

My Saints play Man U at lunchtime today, even though we have played well and got good results lately we don't get many points against Utd and they are due an upturn in form soon.

Wife will watch the Wales v Scotland RU game due to her heritage, I'm not that interested. It's an interesting atmosphere in the house when England play Wales, seems to mean so much more to the Welsh but for the English it's just another match.

I'm glad that I cut the grass on Thursday looks like several days coming up of rainy/showery days.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, Peanut006 said:

I will be watching the Olympics at 12.05, Curling is on so that’s me sat on the sofa for a couple of hours

Michelle

Shopping for daughter done and dropped off, now I’m back on the sofa watching ski jumping and making cruise shopping & packing lists 😁

• Like 5

32 minutes ago, Splice the mainbrace said:

My Saints play Man U at lunchtime today, even though we have played well and got good results lately we don't get many points against Utd and they are due an upturn in form soon.

Wife will watch the Wales v Scotland RU game due to her heritage, I'm not that interested. It's an interesting atmosphere in the house when England play Wales, seems to mean so much more to the Welsh but for the English it's just another match.

I'm glad that I cut the grass on Thursday looks like several days coming up of rainy/showery days.

Not this Welsh family. Really couldn’t give a …….! Hate rugby. 

• Like 1

Morning everyone.

Dull and overcast here with a cold wind.

Been to Penzance to collect my Tesco shopping and nearly got frozen putting petrol in the car. Did notice that although the daffs are out in the fields there don't seem to be as many fields planted this year. 

Take care and stay safe.

Pam 

• Like 2

4 hours ago, janny444 said:

Nowt wrong with Merlot Monday....Tequila  Tuesday....Wine Wednesday....Theoria Thursday....Fizz Friday...Sangria Saturday....Sake Sunday.....anyone for a drink....cheers! 😃

I like your style!   Yes, looks like Graham has snuck off to sunny Spain again.   Am I jealous - yes.🤢

• Like 6

1 hour ago, AndyMichelle said:

It was worth getting dragged around IKEA this morning to see Aurora in all her glory from the car park roof... 

She looks so tiny compared to Iona parked just down the road.. 

Andy 

IMG_20220212_144657.jpg

Thanks for posting this photo. Only another 48 days until we are back onboard Aurora - can't wait!  We sailed on Britannia and Iona last summer, so I guess that she is going to seem a lot smaller!

Edited by Astrajet
  • Like 4

9 hours ago, kalos said:

Mrs K would often text me "could I pick up Fish & Chips on my way home" :classic_smile:

Strange name to give our kids really :classic_unsure:

It seems to be the trend to name your children reflecting where they were conceived. Paris Hilton, Brooklyn Beckham etc. At least we no longer have to explain why we named our son Travelodge.

• Like 1
  • Haha 9

Just got back from lovely chatty long lunch at friends' house which I had not seen since they moved in a year ago.  They are around my age, and with a few health problems, but still cooked a full three course meal, with a sherry and some wine, and we put the world to rights at the same time.  I need hardly say what the topics of conversation were at present, but they included the fox hounds and hunters which had recently been in their garden, and the horrors of Hermes deliveries.  The others were the obvious ones!  Warms the cockles to have kind generous friends.

Can I ask Graham for a vague  idea of where he and Pauline are?  Certainly looks like it may be 
Spain.  I am not envious today, as I have had such a nice time.

• Like 11

Well not going on cruises has certainly bought me something I wanted for a long time.  An electric garage door.  It arrived in a few weeks.  bliss.

Just lost an old friend who was a Flight Engineer with my airline.  Going to Sussex for the funeral week after next and am sure will be meeting lots of folk who I haven't seen for 40 years!  Also going to visit the Gatwick Aviation Museum, so making a little holiday of it.  Then away again in March, up to Rutland to see some old friends, visiting Bletchley Park on the way back and stay with more friends in Petersfield.

• Like 8

I am risking we may be back to normal. Graham you may remember you posted a picture of a dog and cake. I contacted you and Pauline supplied me with the details. The wedding of my niece has been an ongoing saga for so long it has been very much a non celebration. BUT just to report they were married 5 weeks ago and they had no family there BUT afterwards they asked my Brother to foot the bill. That is why he is here this weekend he thinks I might help him understand it. A short while ago SIL was here asking if I could help her understand both that and her sons attitude which saw her as their bank, I am mystified is there a manual? I do not have kids and do not know.

1 hour ago, jeanlyon said:

Well not going on cruises has certainly bought me something I wanted for a long time.  An electric garage door.  It arrived in a few weeks.  bliss.

Just lost an old friend who was a Flight Engineer with my airline.  Going to Sussex for the funeral week after next and am sure will be meeting lots of folk who I haven't seen for 40 years!  Also going to visit the Gatwick Aviation Museum, so making a little holiday of it.  Then away again in March, up to Rutland to see some old friends, visiting Bletchley Park on the way back and stay with more friends in Petersfield.

Jean I turned my double garage into a kitchen but I reinstated a garage to the side of the property and had an electronic access it has been great and I hope that you enjoy it.

14 minutes ago, ccpm said:

I am risking we may be back to normal. Graham you may remember you posted a picture of a dog and cake. I contacted you and Pauline supplied me with the details. The wedding of my niece has been an ongoing saga for so long it has been very much a non celebration. BUT just to report they were married 5 weeks ago and they had no family there BUT afterwards they asked my Brother to foot the bill. That is why he is here this weekend he thinks I might help him understand it. A short while ago SIL was here asking if I could help her understand both that and her sons attitude which saw her as their bank, I am mystified is there a manual? I do not have kids and do not know.

I still help my son & daughter out financially occasionally and they are in their thirties. My parents did the same for me when I separated from my first husband. It must be a parent thing 

Michelle 

• Like 3