P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

2 hours ago, Nidec said:

Im getting a bit fed up with P&O.

I have a cruise booked and have a couple of questions for them. They never reply to emails/site posts. I rang them last week, got a message saying calls were taking over 15 minutes to answer - I waited 25 and gave up. Just tried again, now theyre advising over 30 minutes wait.

If they are this busy, they ought to get more staff on the phones.

Ive always liked P&O, but if things dont improve then this might be my last cruise with them.

It's no excuse but there seem to be a lot of companies around who have not recruited sufficient call centre staff since lockdown.

3 hours ago, Dermotsgirl said:

I wouldn't be at all surprised if the Coronation is on 2nd June 2023.

It's a Friday, so it works well for a bank holiday long weekend, and it's also 70 years to the day when Elizabeth II was crowned.

Cannot see it myself as too close to the Bank Holiday on Monday 29th May. It would mean 2 BHs in the same week on a Monday and a Friday.

1 hour ago, Britboys said:

It's no excuse but there seem to be a lot of companies around who have not recruited sufficient call centre staff since lockdown.

Don't think it is a case of not recruiting call centre staff just that they cannot get the staff on the pay they are offering.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Britboys said:

I thought it was pretty obvious who the tall, bearded guy was. He is constantly looking around and shepherding the King when doing walkabouts.

Well it was to me but obviously not to others, some were asking which member of the Royal Family it was

• Like 1

So, back to reality.

Here in Ilfracombe where we are on holiday,  there is an excellent Wetherspoons,  with a great roof terrace.

Nornally we like to support local restaurants,  but tonight we thought we'd have a cheap and cheerful Wetherspoons meal. Food came out - the server then told us to help ourselves to condiments, but there was no mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup due to "supply issues ".

If Wetherspoons cannot get ketchup, imagine how difficult it must be to be a supply manager for a cruise line !

As an aside, there were adverts for pub  cleaners around the place. £11.70 an hour- I reckon that is more than a trainee nurse will earn! 

Everything is going pear shaped !

• Like 4

Morning all, celebrated our wedding anniversary a day early (anniversary was the 19th) by going for a tapas meal in Rochester on Sunday. Well I had tapas, John had paella. My sister and brother in law came up and took my parents out to lunch and then we went to see them all after. Note the flag at half mast at the castle.

5976B46A-407F-4712-8837-AAC3E4CCB23C.jpeg

2C3BBA3D-057B-4A13-8799-AFF6E731550C.jpeg

950D266E-7F4C-4002-B9A0-1E24938F3FD8.jpeg

• Like 17

Monday was mostly spent watching the funeral. Like many of you I found it incredibly moving. Nobody does pomp like us! My heart was in my mouth when the pall bearers took the coffin up the steps at Windsor.

The lone piper walking away at Windsor really got me.

In between London and Windsor we nipped out for a walk at Minster on the Isle of Sheppy . The roads were lovely and quiet but there were lots of people out at Minster.

0BFB7656-92D5-4537-B223-150F6ED1DA56.jpeg

• Like 11

52 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Monday was mostly spent watching the funeral. Like many of you I found it incredibly moving. Nobody does pomp like us! My heart was in my mouth when the pall bearers took the coffin up the steps at Windsor.

The lone piper walking away at Windsor really got me.

In between London and Windsor we nipped out for a walk at Minster on the Isle of Sheppy . The roads were lovely and quiet but there were lots of people out at Minster.

0BFB7656-92D5-4537-B223-150F6ED1DA56.jpeg

I thought the Crown jewels would slide off until the moment they were removed and realised they were fixed to the coffin.

• Like 3

1 hour ago, P&O SUE said:

Morning all, celebrated our wedding anniversary a day early (anniversary was the 19th) by going for a tapas meal in Rochester on Sunday. Well I had tapas, John had paella. My sister and brother in law came up and took my parents out to lunch and then we went to see them all after. Note the flag at half mast at the castle.

5976B46A-407F-4712-8837-AAC3E4CCB23C.jpeg

2C3BBA3D-057B-4A13-8799-AFF6E731550C.jpeg

950D266E-7F4C-4002-B9A0-1E24938F3FD8.jpeg

Nice photos Sue.

11°C and clear skies here this morning.

I hope everyone is safe and well.

• Like 4
  • Thanks 1

Good morning everyone, I  hope you are all well.  We have lovely blue skies at the moment though it is a little chilly.

I spent over 7 hours at the vaccine hub yesterday and was exhausted by the time I got home.  It was the worst shift I have ever done, nearly everyone was an old person and many were annoyed that they had to queue. I had a sore throat from shouting because a lot of them were hard of hearing but didn't  have hearing aids.  I was so tired that we had a takeaway for dinner then I went to bed at 7 o'clock.  I am now thinking of stopping going to help out.  I did have my niece's neighbour and she had brought a large bar of chocolate incase I was working so that was really nice.  I am seriously considering whether I want to continue volunteering at the hub.

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Good morning everyone, I  hope you are all well.  We have lovely blue skies at the moment though it is a little chilly.

I spent over 7 hours at the vaccine hub yesterday and was exhausted by the time I got home.  It was the worst shift I have ever done, nearly everyone was an old person and many were annoyed that they had to queue. I had a sore throat from shouting because a lot of them were hard of hearing but didn't  have hearing aids.  I was so tired that we had a takeaway for dinner then I went to bed at 7 o'clock.  I am now thinking of stopping going to help out.  I did have my niece's neighbour and she had brought a large bar of chocolate incase I was working so that was really nice.  I am seriously considering whether I want to continue volunteering at the hub.

It’s a brilliant thing you do Josy but I don’t know how you do it. I bet you are on your feet as well for most of it.

Hopefully a more relaxed day today for you.

Take care

Michelle

• Like 7

7 minutes ago, Josy1953 said:

Oh dear…… but at least the slightly younger cohorts are coming next. I hope I don’t get deaf and grumpy - but suspect it’ll come to us all in time.

Good idea to unwind with a takeaway.

• Like 3

14 minutes ago, Angel57 said:

I hope I don’t get deaf and grumpy - but suspect it’ll come to us all in time.

I haven't heard of that, sometimes I wake up grumpy but most of the time I just let her sleep.:classic_unsure:

Have a good day everyone and if you are making decisions ,do what's right for you, be good to yourself as well as others -Take care 😊

• Haha 6

40 minutes ago, P&O SUE said:

Yes I was worried they would fall off but clever hubby told me they were fixed! 

I read somewhere that at a previous King's funeral an item did fall off.Blutac wasn't invented then.

• Haha 2

3 hours ago, P&O SUE said:

a tapas meal in Rochester

We walk past that quite a lot and keep saying we must go in but we don't know much about what to order with tapas so usually end up somewhere else. We must give it ago.  Is it all small plates?

In your picture of Minster, Lees,  OH's  house and business was just above the lady in red and my house

was just a bit behind that.  I like where we are now, but really miss the sea.

• Like 2

2 hours ago, Peanut006 said:

It’s a brilliant thing you do Josy but I don’t know how you do it. I bet you are on your feet as well for most of it.

Hopefully a more relaxed day today for you.

Take care

Michelle

Thank you.  I'm not on my feet which is good.  I am one of the people who book people in.  It was much better when we were in the hub rather than the pharmacy.  In the hub we had 6 people booking in, now we have only 1 person each day doing this task before sending the people to 1 of 3 vaccinators.

My friend has just texted me to tell me that she has the same problem this morning and has already told the pharmacist that she is leaving at 12:00. 

Next week they will be offering flu jabs at the same time so it will be even busier.

Edited by Josy1953

13 hours ago, wowzz said:

So, back to reality.

Here in Ilfracombe where we are on holiday,  there is an excellent Wetherspoons,  with a great roof terrace.

Nornally we like to support local restaurants,  but tonight we thought we'd have a cheap and cheerful Wetherspoons meal. Food came out - the server then told us to help ourselves to condiments, but there was no mustard, mayonnaise or ketchup due to "supply issues ".

If Wetherspoons cannot get ketchup, imagine how difficult it must be to be a supply manager for a cruise line !

As an aside, there were adverts for pub  cleaners around the place. £11.70 an hour- I reckon that is more than a trainee nurse will earn! 

Everything is going pear shaped !

We often pop into Weatherspoons in town when we do our old fashioned ' going to the bank and have a wander around the shops. For you youngsters. Shops and banks once had places you could go into. Weatherspoons last week was full of those horrible little plastic sachets of gloop. They may have been telling porkies Wowzz, You know the things, covid, brexit,  petrol crisis, cost of..........blah, blah.

Edited by zap99
  • Like 1

18 hours ago, majortom10 said:

Cannot see it myself as too close to the Bank Holiday on Monday 29th May. It would mean 2 BHs in the same week on a Monday and a Friday.

It may be like the Platinum Jubilee this year, the Monday Bank Holiday was moved to later in the week and we had Thursday and Friday off work

• Like 3

6 hours ago, Josy1953 said:

We had a busy day too, we are currently running walk in for flu and appointments for covid boosters as we are only given enough vaccine for bookings, we had the most horrible woman I have ever met yesterday, she said that she had rung 119 and they had told her she could have the pfizer booster at our hub so had rolled up demanding it as the new Moderna vaccine was useless and made everybody poorly. She started by having a go at the parking attendant then me, when I tried to explain we didn't have the Pfizer vaccine and that the new Moderna was the combination booster was excellent she looked for someone else to berate, eventually the duty manager tried to explain, so she harrumphed and walked off shouting how useless we were, fortunately she was the only one with everyone else being great. It doesn't help with some of the older end when they have forgot what they have come for as their family booked them online and they just have a number on a bit of paper but we are well used to that and sort them out. It is quite amusing at times and we have some good laughs.

• Like 2

28 minutes ago, yorkshirephil said:

We had a busy day too, we are currently running walk in for flu and appointments for covid boosters as we are only given enough vaccine for bookings, we had the most horrible woman I have ever met yesterday, she said that she had rung 119 and they had told her she could have the pfizer booster at our hub so had rolled up demanding it as the new Moderna vaccine was useless and made everybody poorly. She started by having a go at the parking attendant then me, when I tried to explain we didn't have the Pfizer vaccine and that the new Moderna was the combination booster was excellent she looked for someone else to berate, eventually the duty manager tried to explain, so she harrumphed and walked off shouting how useless we were, fortunately she was the only one with everyone else being great. It doesn't help with some of the older end when they have forgot what they have come for as their family booked them online and they just have a number on a bit of paper but we are well used to that and sort them out. It is quite amusing at times and we have some good laughs.

Why are some people so horrible when we are trying to help them?

I don't mind the older people who are confused because some family member told them that they had to have a vaccine "today" but they don't know the date or time but I really don't  like being yelled at because we don't have a menu of available vaccines.  Yesterday we were in the same position as you we only had vaccines for bookings though towards the end of the day when we had had 10 no shows we did put some people through who could show their confirmation on their phone that they  had appointments for later this week but had come to bring their spouse/partner in.

Sometimes if I didn't laugh I would cry.

• Like 6