P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

8 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

You have a point. The added cost for 5 months I don't need is worth it and still saves money.

Thanks.

And in the meantime it will cover you for short breaks (minimum of 2 nights?) if you may be thinking of a few days away - and gives you breakdown cover too.  We were able to deduct that from our car insurance policy when we renewed it making a saving there.  

Edited by kruzseeka

Wet, wet, wet again, no wonder Marty Pellow could feel it in his fingers and feel it in his toes, bloody arthritis I bet. I did see a report that the human body is about 60% water, I knew it I am not fat, just flooded. Anyway I don't see us straying too far today. 

• Like 8
  • Haha 1

A dry & breezy day here managed to get Christmas Duvet Cover & Pillow Cases, Christmas Tablecloth washed and on the line, virtually dry now. Yes I know a Christmas Duvet, really, yes we got in Dunelm sale in January 2018, get used on bed from 1st December until around now. Usually only seen by us and of course 🎅 

Just been speaking to my neighbours who asked what was going on in our greenhouse late last night with the flashing lights. I had put one set of the battery operated lights in the greenhouse yesterday to dry off before I put them away, appears I hadn’t turned the timer off. Perhaps I will make it feature next year and put them up in there instead. 

• Like 2
  • Haha 8

7 minutes ago, Snow Hill said:

Just been speaking to my neighbours who asked what was going on in our greenhouse late last night with the flashing lights. I had put one set of the battery operated lights in the greenhouse yesterday to dry off before I put them away, appears I hadn’t turned the timer off. Perhaps I will make it feature next year and put them up in there instead. 

Maybe set up a sound system belting out a few festive tunes and maybe carboard cut outs of 

yourselves ! Now that would get the neighbours chatting 🤗

• Like 6

15 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

I should have mentioned too that for anyone interested in the FlexPlus account that you don't need to have it as your main current account.  It's not one of those where you have to have a minimum monthly deposit and at least 2 Standing Orders or similar requirements so it's quite possible to hold it and just ensure there is sufficient in the account to cover the monthly cost which gives you the basic travel insurance (but you may have additional age/cruise/medical supplements to pay).  It does have some other benefits too like breakdown cover. 

I didn't realise that the flex plus account did not need to be your main account. So, opened one, cancelled Avanti, and am over £200 a year better off !

Thank you.

• Like 3

40 minutes ago, wowzz said:

I didn't realise that the flex plus account did not need to be your main account. So, opened one, cancelled Avanti, and am over £200 a year better off !

Thank you.

Sorry to butt in but I have an annual policy with Avanti with 5 months to run. Can you cancel early and get a partial refund ?

Just looked at T&C's and it says no refund after cooling off 14 days.

Edited by bobstheboy
Added script

Bought two settees  a couple of months ago and delivery was April/May so put other things on hold.

OH had a phone call that delivery is next Monday... he just said yes.  He says he was so surprised he didn't think.

I did... what about getting carpet cleaned, what about the curtains, mats, and getting rid of giant leather settee bequeathed to us by previous owners. We cancelled delivery. The shop gave us a carpet man's number and surprisingly he said he could do Saturday. He was through the shop and gives priority to their customers.

THEN  I realised that work is being done to put in a new gas fire on 31st, which entails knocking out some bricks and new piping.  OH said not to worry they'll put down dust sheets.  NOOOO they wont.. what's the point of a clean carpet and new settees and having brick work done.  I think it must be a female thing.

So I have had to cancel the carpet cleaner and also the delivery again.

OH is so laid back.  I don't think he can see what's wrong with delivery on Monday as planned!!!!😃🤣   

I need a cup of tea or a big wine.  Why do I feel  guiilty??????  😗😇    

Edited by indiana123
  • Like 5

1 hour ago, wowzz said:

Thank you.

Pleased it's worked out well for you and I must say our experience of making a claim, also our friends', has been excellent. 

• Like 2

Awake at 5am this morning so got up and made a cup of tea. Then decided to enter the insurance details on the P&O site. What fun. I could not get the online form to accept the emergency contact number, one of those starting with +44 so I ended up with my version of the number without special characters. I am not worried though as that number seems to be the same for several companies and a few years ago I entered the wrong company name and nothing bad happened. What I can't understand is why P&O can't do the +44 conversion themselves, they must have plenty of practise.

8 minutes ago, kruzseeka said:

I must say our experience of making a claim, also our friends', has been excellent. 

Really good to hear, thank you.  We have also taken out a Nationwide Flexi Plus for the travel insurance aspect and, like others, have saved hundreds - and it's world wide! Excellent value, especially when you consider the other included extra benefits.

• Like 1

45 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Sorry to butt in but I have an annual policy with Avanti with 5 months to run. Can you cancel early and get a partial refund ?

Just looked at T&C's and it says no refund after cooling off 14 days.

We cancelled within 14 days, so no issue.

I would imagine that you would not get a refund, otherwise everyone would be cancelling their annual policy after their last holiday of the 12 month period.

1 minute ago, davecttr said:

I could not get the online form to accept the emergency contact number, one of those starting with +44

Same issue here so I just left off the +44 and added back 0 as usual.  But you should be able to enter the full international number.

• Like 1

4 minutes ago, davecttr said:

Awake at 5am this morning so got up and made a cup of tea. Then decided to enter the insurance details on the P&O site. What fun. I could not get the online form to accept the emergency contact number, one of those starting with +44 so I ended up with my version of the number without special characters. I am not worried though as that number seems to be the same for several companies and a few years ago I entered the wrong company name and nothing bad happened. What I can't understand is why P&O can't do the +44 conversion themselves, they must have plenty of practise.

This is not just IT, it is P&O IT....

• Haha 11

17 minutes ago, wowzz said:

We cancelled within 14 days, so no issue.

I would imagine that you would not get a refund, otherwise everyone would be cancelling their annual policy after their last holiday of the 12 month period.

Obvious really !!

Opened a joint account.

• Like 2

7 minutes ago, terry2 said:

Forgot to say - thanks to all the people who told of their experience with the nationwide flexplus.

Seconded !

Can I ask one further question to those of you with the flexplus account. Do you get a travel insurance cover document,  showing the various cover levels,  that you  can present at check in, if you are asked for proof of insurance ? 

7 hours ago, wowzz said:

Seconded !

Can I ask one further question to those of you with the flexplus account. Do you get a travel insurance cover document,  showing the various cover levels,  that you  can present at check in, if you are asked for proof of insurance ? 

Yes wowzz there is a little booklet that has all that information.  I have written the emergency number and our Nationwide account number on the front of ours and it 'lives' with my travel documents

Haven't done it for a few months but there was somewhere on the Flexplus website (or the UKInsurance website as they are the Company you are insured with) where you can get a confirmation of cover letter and just print it off.  This was a requirement last time we travelled with P&O.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but I have phoned UKInsurance a couple of times and they have always been super helpful/friendly.  Its really easy to get an extension for more than the allowed number of days or, if it is a very expensive cruise, you can extend cover for the higher cost,

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

27 minutes ago, Waju said:

Yes wowzz there is a little booklet that has all that information.  I have written the emergency number and our Nationwide account number on the front of ours and it 'lives' with my travel documents

Haven't done it for a few months but there was somewhere on the Flexplus website (or the UKInsurance website as they are the Company you are insured with) where you can get a confirmation of cover letter and just print it off.  This was a requirement last time we travelled with P&O.

I don't know if this has already been mentioned but I have phoned UKInsurance a couple of times and they have always been super helpful/friendly.  Its really easy to get an extension for more than the allowed number of days or, if it is a very expensive cruise, you can extend cover for the higher cost,

Thank you. 

I will trawl through all the documentation from Nationwide that is filling my inbox !

22 hours ago, kruzseeka said:

And in the meantime it will cover you for short breaks (minimum of 2 nights?) if you may be thinking of a few days away - and gives you breakdown cover too.  We were able to deduct that from our car insurance policy when we renewed it making a saving there.  

And incidentally we had to call on the breakdown cover too which is now with the AA and had no problem.   For long enough we didn't realise we were covered with the travel insurance so were pleased to find that they also included Homestart which not all policies do as standard.

16 minutes ago, wowzz said:

Thank you. 

I will trawl through all the documentation from Nationwide that is filling my inbox !

They do send out some paperwork and like Waju, we take the booklet with us (not sure what is automatically sent or if you have to elect to have it sent in your preferences might be worth checking).

I always carry our Health Declaration letter with us too when travelling.  That comes as a dated confirmation letter giving your policy number and is updated annually when you go through the medical screening.  

• Like 2

Apologises to those not interested in Nationwide but one further question.

Reading my email it says I do not have to buy the age extension or medical cover until I have booked a trip. Does this mean if I have 2 or 3 cruises a year, I have to purchase these extras  for every cruise ?