P&O Cruisers - What are things like where YOU are?

Host Sharon

15 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Apologises to those not interested in Nationwide but one further question.

Reading my email it says I do not have to buy the age extension or medical cover until I have booked a trip. Does this mean if I have 2 or 3 cruises a year, I have to purchase these extras  for every cruise ?

No.  Cover is fir the year.  At renewal you just ring up to add the age extension if appropriate, cruise cover (cruises are included but this gives the missed port and/or cabin confinement additional cover) and update your medical declaration.  That's then good for the year. 

• Like 1

19 minutes ago, bobstheboy said:

Apologises to those not interested in Nationwide but one further question.

Reading my email it says I do not have to buy the age extension or medical cover until I have booked a trip. Does this mean if I have 2 or 3 cruises a year, I have to purchase these extras  for every cruise ?

The age premium and additional cruise cover is for one year. 

• Like 1

thanks for the Nationwide info.  I have a flex account which used to include free travel insurance.  But a couple of years ago they discontinued the free travel insurance. 

I will definitely look at upgrading to a flexplus for the travel insurance and breakdown cover.  I've not been away for approx 3 years so haven't needed travel insurance

• Like 1

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I hope you are all ok post Christmas and NY. Everything looks so bare and gloomy without the lovely decorations and lights. Time to find some new things to look forward to - like cruising hopefully.

There was a visit to the dentist for me today. I'm lucky enough to have a NHS dentist but having broken a tooth over the holiday period, and only able to see someone privately at that time for emergency repairs (which I did), today was my appointment with my own dentist for review and a quotation for remedial work. Eek! £600 or extraction. It's a back tooth so I'm going for the extraction 3 weeks today - following antibiotics for infection. I don't smile much so no-one will see the gap!

Sad to see the passing of Gianluca Vialli today. A good footballer and manager and a seemingly all-round nice guy. 

And Harry, 'Spare' us the gory details please! There are some things no-one needs to know - yugh! (that's Prince Harry of course, not our Harry on here).

Have a great weekend everyone. 

Best wishes to all.

Jane

Xxx

• Like 19

4 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Good Afternoon Everyone.

I hope you are all ok post Christmas and NY. Everything looks so bare and gloomy without the lovely decorations and lights. Time to find some new things to look forward to - like cruising hopefully.

There was a visit to the dentist for me today. I'm lucky enough to have a NHS dentist but having broken a tooth over the holiday period, and only able to see someone privately at that time for emergency repairs (which I did), today was my appointment with my own dentist for review and a quotation for remedial work. Eek! £600 or extraction. It's a back tooth so I'm going for the extraction 3 weeks today - following antibiotics for infection. I don't smile much so no-one will see the gap!

Sad to see the passing of Gianluca Vialli today. A good footballer and manager and a seemingly all-round nice guy. 

And Harry, 'Spare' us the gory details please! There are some things no-one needs to know - yugh! (that's Prince Harry of course, not our Harry on here).

Have a great weekend everyone. 

Best wishes to all.

Jane

Xxx

As a non-Chelsea fan, I completely agree with your comments about Gianluca Vialli. As for Harry, lots of people seem to think they need to know all the gory details, personally I am pretty indifferent to the whole thing although I could have done without hearing about his sex, drugs and ‘kill stats’. As for Prince Harry.……😇

• Like 3
  • Haha 6

15 minutes ago, pete14 said:

As a non-Chelsea fan, I completely agree with your comments about Gianluca Vialli. As for Harry, lots of people seem to think they need to know all the gory details, personally I am pretty indifferent to the whole thing although I could have done without hearing about his sex, drugs and ‘kill stats’. As for Prince Harry.……😇

Of course those of you who have been following this huge thread for a long time, will realise I am referring to Harry our local heron.

• Like 2
  • Haha 4

Not a bad day here weather wise, dry with sunny spells, Mrs YP broke the washing machine this morning so after a quick google a trip to Currys was in order. She had pretty much decided which machine she wanted, however the sales lady thought different so we listened for a few minutes, however once she started rabbiting on about how we could control the machine from a phone or tablet I had enough. My parting shot was "so we fill the machine and walk away from it to then log onto an app so that we can tell the machine what programme to select" the reply was "yes" I returned with "wouldn't it be just as easy to select the programme once the washer is full, especially as we will be in the vicinity" I think by this time she knew where the discussion was going. I am sure there will be someone who finds a use for this but at £120 more it won't be us.

• Like 9

46 minutes ago, Beckett said:

Just shows that old children's game "Knock Down Ginger " is alive and well 😉

• Haha 11

3 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Not a bad day here weather wise, dry with sunny spells, Mrs YP broke the washing machine this morning so after a quick google a trip to Currys was in order. She had pretty much decided which machine she wanted, however the sales lady thought different so we listened for a few minutes, however once she started rabbiting on about how we could control the machine from a phone or tablet I had enough. My parting shot was "so we fill the machine and walk away from it to then log onto an app so that we can tell the machine what programme to select" the reply was "yes" I returned with "wouldn't it be just as easy to select the programme once the washer is full, especially as we will be in the vicinity" I think by this time she knew where the discussion was going. I am sure there will be someone who finds a use for this but at £120 more it won't be us.

I tend to avoid Currys!

• Haha 2

Hello all, it was indeed sad news about Vialli, Graeme Souness on Sky was trying not to cry as he spoke about him- which made me cry! 

As for Harry, I thought he wanted privacy, I wish he would just keep quiet!

Edited by P&O SUE
  • Like 5

Happy New Year all.

Just back from an MSC cruise over the festive period, loved it. Great food, excellent service and some nice touches to bring in the New Year. 

Hope you have all been well and had a nice Christmas and New Year, I’ll read back the thread but not tonight, looong drive home.

• Like 13

6 hours ago, yorkshirephil said:

Mrs YP broke the washing machine

Phil - you slipped that one in !

On behalf of Mrs P's defence council, can you please give us the evidence that she alone was responsible for breaking the machine. 

Are you sure you didn't mistake the washing machine for the dish washer, and put your cocoa mug in by mistake,  after three pints of Tetley's finest ale ?

• Like 1
  • Haha 7

23 minutes ago, wowzz said:

On behalf of Mrs P's defence council, can you please give us the evidence that she alone was responsible for breaking the machine. 

Are you sure you didn't mistake the washing machine for the dish washer, and put your cocoa mug in by mistake,  after three pints of Tetley's finest ale ?

When we got married (July 31 years ago) we bought a new washing machine. End of August (same year), it made an almighty rattling sound and broke down. Had to drain the water and remove wet clothes before calling the engineer. He arrived, took a good look and removed a handful of screws and nails from the machine. He took pity on me as a new wife and said that he wouldn’t charge for the visit. 

Since then, my builder husband had been solely responsible for the demise of roughly a dozen machines. I gave up reminding him to empty his pockets before putting a wash on, and he’s had to pay for each new machine! 

• Like 7

8 hours ago, wowzz said:

Wasn't me guv, I don't mess wiv her gear.

Morning hope your all doing well,.🙂

It's  a bit windy out there this morning and lashing it down but the good news is the

temperature is into double figures .

A curry can be nice but not always if you get it wrong 

Relationships are like Indian food They start out hot and spicy but end up with someone sat

on the toilet crying and saying why me.😟

The worst one I ever had was a homemade one ,made by the loving caring Mrs K.

I came home from work one night and she had made me a nice chicken one but every 

mouthful was like eating a lit welding torch . 

It tasted nice but , not wanting to hurt Mrs K's feeling I fought on with it .

"You seem to be enjoying that but you are sweating a lot " ,said Mrs K.

I just gave an approving smile , by now I could barely speak anyway !

After eating 3/4 of the meal I  gave up !

What did you put in it I croaked ?  .. 

"Nothing I just used one of them jars and a bit of water" she replied and went off  into

the kitchen returning with said jar .

Upon inspection I realised she had bought a curry concentrate , one of those where you 

add one or two spoons of it and not the entire jar as she had just served me .

Happy days !😊

Take care :classic_love:

• Like 1
  • Haha 19

10 hours ago, Ardennais said:

When we got married (July 31 years ago) we bought a new washing machine. End of August (same year), it made an almighty rattling sound and broke down. Had to drain the water and remove wet clothes before calling the engineer. He arrived, took a good look and removed a handful of screws and nails from the machine. He took pity on me as a new wife and said that he wouldn’t charge for the visit. 

Since then, my builder husband had been solely responsible for the demise of roughly a dozen machines. I gave up reminding him to empty his pockets before putting a wash on, and he’s had to pay for each new machine! 

I can understand that one. I had the same problems with Frank being a carpenter/joiner. When we were on our 3rd new machine I decided it was more cost effective to empty his pockets myself.

Avril

Edited by Adawn47
  • Like 4

1 minute ago, Adawn47 said:

I can understand that one. I had the same problems with Frank being a carpenter/joiner. When we were on our 3rd new machine I decided it was more economical to empty his pockets myself.

Avril

Having sold chocolate and sugar confectionery for over 35 years there has never been any of my work products ever left in my pockets for the washer.🍬🍭🍫

• Like 2
  • Haha 11

9 minutes ago, Adawn47 said:

I can understand that one. I had the same problems with Frank being a carpenter/joiner. When we were on our 3rd new machine I decided it was more cost effective to empty his pockets myself.

Avril

Mrs YP can't reach the bottom of my Yorkshire pockets.

• Haha 9

4 minutes ago, grapau27 said:

Having sold chocolate and sugar confectionery for over 35 years there has never been any of my work products ever left in my pockets for the washer.🍬🍭🍫

In your trade it would be the bye products like the odd £1 note left in pockets  .

I've lost money that way before 😢

• Like 2